VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a prosecutor I would make a big thing of them not calling their cell phone expert. He was so over-hyped in opening statements, didn't he get the drive tests and reports on the networks at the time, etc. As a juror I would be thinking he ran a mile.

MOO

Cathy Russon has not been on twitter all weekend lol I don't tweet, so can't tweet her and ask if she will be there today, but I'm hoping that maybe she has been busy travelling LOL

I have to go to work soon, but I expect @geevee to get on that and ask at L&C about a live stream :D :D :D

Tuesday, May 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 56) (@ 9am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Closing Arguments, May 29th (Wednesday)-Jury deliberates, May 30th (Thursday)-Jury deliberates or Verdict? Dark on May 31st (Friday).
While it's still quiet here,
@Niner on behalf of myself & so many others here at WS, for your tireless efforts (on ALL the cases you keep up to date)
I would like to say a BIG -
original.gif
& also to everyone else who's kept us updated on this trial for like...forever...Thanks You!
(way to many of you to mention-lol)

Will the state go full muppet on this aspect? Because it really goes straight to credibility.
500_F_192995985_jn2bj5o6EPR0bNPyg9OEb1HONghEN7hx.jpg

At long last, this is finally drawing to a close. As painful as it has been to those of us following the snail's pace agonizing trial, I can only imagine how the loved ones of the McStays have felt. How they've gotten through this, I have no idea!

The Justice system is sometimes represented by scales - the Scales of Justice. Each side has their pieces of evidence and weight associated with it, and the jury will weigh each piece accordingly and decide where the balance of the evidence lies for them according to what they believe about what was presented. Both sides had some pieces that will be thrown out or weighted very lightly, but I believe that the scale will overwhelmingly tip towards Charles Merritt being found guilty of the crime. In my mind, the creation and backdating of the checks is a 20-pound bowling ball relative to the featherweight bits of "maybe possibly if we squint real hard DK did it" and "maybe it wasn't his truck".

As I have mentioned before, I am a big picture person. I have no reasonable doubt that CM is guilty. I hope the jurors see it the same, but if they do not, that is their privilege and their right. I just definitely think none of us could possibly sit through another sloth speed, interruptus, barely covered trial like this one!

If DK didn't do it...

I go back to my earlier thinking on this (ignoring the evidence against CM) that murders and staging was so blatantly personal and this needs to be emphasized - the killer was invited in as opposed to forced entry - known to family and known to the dogs - standing in personal space to attack at arms length - parked in their driveway - and to have buried them and staged the vanishing act with the Trooper.

MOO

Yes. And will be the one person who doesn't have a good alibi

Respectfully - it's the same as how we don't have evidence of investigation into Mike McStay at trial, but I guarantee you he was eliminated. So when someone has an alibi and nothing connects them, that's not confirmation bias. It's the logic that is used in theory of the case.

The correct theory, out of multiple theories, will return evidential hits.

Last man standing ;)

As a prosecutor I would make a big thing of them not calling their cell phone expert. He was so over-hyped in opening statements, didn't he get the drive tests and reports on the networks at the time, etc. As a juror I would be thinking he ran a mile.

MOO

Forgot about him.

Someone needs to go through your Opening Transcript and mark their homework :p

I predict a guilty verdict within 2-3 days. I can't imagine they don't have their minds made up one way or another after all this time.
I hope the jury gets some good free meals this week...just because lol cannot believe we only lost 1 through all these months. There was another juror that could only go until the end of May...I wonder what they will do with that one.

While it's still quiet here,
@Niner on behalf of myself & so many others here at WS, for your tireless efforts (on ALL the cases you keep up to date)
I would like to say a BIG -
original.gif
& also to everyone else who's kept us updated on this trial for like...forever...Thanks You!
(way to many of you to mention-lol)

500_F_192995985_jn2bj5o6EPR0bNPyg9OEb1HONghEN7hx.jpg

You are quite welcome! :)

Tortoise said:
I agree. We should equip La2Cabo with a gas mask.

Here ya go @la2cabo - upload_2019-5-28_17-32-39.jpeg

MrsPC said:
9am PDT
11am CDT

7:30pm Eastern European Time...

I'll probably have to come back tomorrow morning to finish reading on "what" happened! :(

Cathy Russon has not been on twitter all weekend lol I don't tweet, so can't tweet her and ask if she will be there today, but I'm hoping that maybe she has been busy travelling LOL

I have to go to work soon, but I expect @geevee to get on that and ask at L&C about a live stream :D :D :D

Been there asking early this morning, no one had heard from CC then, I'll check back now and see if there's an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow