VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who openly posts how I feel about this case, I feel it's somewhat directed at me, or posters like me. I can only speak for myself when I say that no way, no how am I "attracted to Chase" :eek: and I find it laughable that the some think the only reason anyone could believe he was not guilty or that the state didn't prove it is has anything to do with something more than the facts that were presented and the manner in which it was prosecuted. I wonder how many that think he is not guilty or it was not proven BARD are not attracted to men at all and STILL feel that way :rolleyes: I think I should be offended that you think my brain is not my powerful than my hormones to be quite frank LOL

All JMO
You can speak on my behalf, missy lol. I've scrolled and rolled passed the comments that are thrown out there implying that those who think CM's not guilty must be head-over-heals in-love with the dude because I find them laughable too! Trust me, he does not do anything for me in the slightest, lol. I have voted NG in the WS poll, but I think it will be a hung jury, we will see! :D

Please tell me this doesn’t open the door for an appeal or ineffective counsel complaint?! Thanks!

@gitana1 knows a lot more than I do—but my impression is that it was not a accident on the part of the defense, but a deliberate choice—they had some points that they wanted to make that they couldn’t make without acknowledging his past convictions.

However, we know that if he’s convicted, there’ll be appeals—

@gitana1 knows a lot more than I do—but my impression is that it was not a accident on the part of the defense, but a deliberate choice—they had some points that they wanted to make that they couldn’t make without acknowledging his past convictions.

However, we know that if he’s convicted, there’ll be appeals—
The DT spoke about Merritt's reluctance to talk to law enforcement due to having a current warrant for arrest.

For the record, Merritt DID NOT go to law enforcement as a willing participant, they went to him at his apartment in Rancho. Someone mentioned recently (not you wary) that he went to them when in fact he didn't.

You can speak on my behalf, missy lol. I've scrolled and rolled passed the comments that are thrown out there implying that those who think CM's not guilty must be head-over-heals in-love with the dude because I find them laughable too! Trust me, he does not do anything for me in the slightest, lol. I have voted NG in the WS poll, but I think it will be a hung jury, we will see! :D
This is where I am with this case. I think Merritt did it, but if I were on the jury, I just don’t know if I could vote guilty. Sadly, there is a link missing in the chain. I can sit here, in my home, and say he probably did it, but if my decision had such dire consequences, I just don’t know.

However, I have no attraction to Merritt whatsoever. My thoughts on this case are pretty darn emotionless. I think it is incredibly sad what happened to the McStays, but at the end of the day, I can honestly say I have no horse in the race. I think it will be a hung jury at some point next week or the week after.

The DT spoke about Merritt's reluctance to talk to law enforcement due to having a current warrant for arrest.

For the record, Merritt DID NOT go to law enforcement as a willing participant, they went to him at his apartment in Rancho. Someone mentioned recently (not you wary) that he went to them when in fact he didn't.

Thanks! So—defense took a calculated risk. He’s reluctant to talk to the police—that might well be considered a sign of guilt, but it can be explained away by pointing out that he’s in trouble with the law for lesser things.

I just hope Merritt is shaking in his boots right now waiting on the verdict...squirming...having diarrhea...whatever. It's going to be a very long weekend for him. And I think it's comical & telling that he was still taking notes during the Prosecution's closing rebuttal. I think he's already working on his own appeal. LOL He *knows* he's guilty.

Wait, were we watching the same trial? Lol She exudes confidence and was not cold at all. The jurors kept eye contact with her the entire time and seemed to listen to every single word. They seemed very much connected to her.
Love this. I think she is wonderful. Clear, concise and passionate. Did you happen to observe the defendant when she put the family's photo up at the end? Did he get all teary eyed like yesterday?

I just hope Merritt is shaking in his boots right now waiting on the verdict...squirming...having diarrhea...whatever. It's going to be a very long weekend for him. And I think it's comical & telling that he was still taking notes during the Prosecution's closing rebuttal. I think he's already working on his own appeal. LOL He *knows* he's guilty.
I don’t think he’s that worried . He’s been sitting in jail since 2014 with no sense of urgency for his trial to begin. He’s been in prison before and he knows he has years of appeals ahead of him.
Would he like to get an aquital ? Sure, but he’s got a record going back to 1977 . He’s been a con man , a criminal , for much of his adult life. Prison is always a part of that . It’s a gamble .

Wait, were we watching the same trial? Lol She exudes confidence and was not cold at all. The jurors kept eye contact with her the entire time and seemed to listen to every single word. They seemed very much connected to her.

it's unfortunate that we didn't get any sort of read from yesterday. We don't have anything to compare it to. Were they the same with Maline? Imes? McGee? It's quite possible that they are taking their job much more seriously than the judge and the lawyers have in the last 5 months (of course, IMO).

I will be going back to listen later.. I might have to go back to some of Imes' CA, but it sure seemed like Imes argued that it happened in the home, Merritt cleaned up, even painted and this is how the bra got paint on it, Merritt had time to clean up, etc... today, Rodriquez says, we never told you it happened in the house, the defense says they were kidnapped, that's ridiculous, but then went on to say that Merritt may have taken them out of the house? It was a bit contradictory... I think the same with the defense lawyers though a bit too... McGee argued that it could have happened on the 5th blah blah blah... but then they go back to the 4th..... which makes sense to counter the State saying it happened on the 4th... and I guess giving them an option for the 5th?

As someone who openly posts how I feel about this case, I feel it's somewhat directed at me, or posters like me. I can only speak for myself when I say that no way, no how am I "attracted to Chase" :eek: and I find it laughable that the some think the only reason anyone could believe he was not guilty or that the state didn't prove it is has anything to do with something more than the facts that were presented and the manner in which it was prosecuted. I wonder how many that think he is not guilty or it was not proven BARD are not attracted to men at all and STILL feel that way :rolleyes: I think I should be offended that you think my brain is not my powerful than my hormones to be quite frank LOL

All JMO
My goodness, I'm a little stunned by your response, Missy. Believe me, I was not thinking about you or your hormones at all. People have all kinds of buried emotions that come unexpectedly into play at varying times. One example might be rooting for the underdog, which perhaps is how some see Merritt. It is what it is. At any rate, I was simply expressing an opinion addressed to no one in particular, and am truly sorry if you were offended by it.

Here it comes ................ MOO.

You know exactly why. It’s “group think.”
I’m not saying that in a bad way, but when you have somewhere where 90% of the posters are “He did it. Guilty all the way,” you are going to lean heavily in that direction. It happens to all of us because we are human.
Interesting thought, what about the minority? Natural rebels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow