Closing Arguments- thread #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought over from the other thread;

Yeah, but Beth Karrass said that we wouldn't see Nurmi all day. Has Nurmi already gone once? If not they'll have a lot to think about over the weekend.

No, but Nurmi
only gets one opportunity, but there is court on Friday. Per the judges schedule, they will conclude closing arguments tomorrow.

Does anyone how the jurors are reacting to Juan's closing?

I would imagine them being very very attentive.

I'm very glad that Juan gets the last word because I expect the DT to confuse the jury with all the psycho babble and abuse lingo. And of course will paint TA as the real perpetrator. In Juan's words, it wasn't JA's fault that TA got killed..

When Nurmi objected and said Juan was misstating the testimony, it could have been something for the jury to stop and think about. But, Juan quoting the exact testimony regarding the gas can showed them Nurmi was in his own fog.

The best moment of the day!

Nurmi to start tomorrow (Friday). Then Juan again, if he wishes. NO court on weekends. Courthouse is closed.

Really? They aren't going to deliberate over the weekend? (Assuming it will take them that long, that is).

Wonder what the people on that "other site" are saying today? I imagine most of them have very elevated depression scales.

Does anyone know why the DT were talking out loud and denying that Jodi testified that she returned the gas can to the Salinas Walmart?

I just looked up the YouTube video & she does say she returned it to the same Walmart. What are they up to?

See DT letting JA go on & on & on & on & on.. then on & on some more on the stand has given yards & yards of (non existent) rope with to hang her..

She SMUGGLY SAID.. 'I'd be surprised because I did return it' looking right at the jury & smiling like JM was crazy..

All I got to say.. We saw your AXISII PSI etc etc test results and...
WE KNOWS WHO'S CRAZY UP IN HERE! :floorlaugh:

WHEW! I am back. any quick recaps? Did they have to use the shock belt? Did Grandma fall asleep? Did JW get her eyes stuck in the back of her head??

Had to evacuate Grandpa due to CA fires. He has alzheimers..he's angry all the time. :cry: Scary morning. Whew. All is good. He's in good hands.

What time is the break over? I got to see Juan for about 1 hour or so. What I heard was fantastic!!

(((So sorry Angel))) Two tough situations, very stressful I know.

Come and enjoy watching Juan's amazing quest for justice. He's at his finest. I believe they are back at 4:30 et.

Jodi had [apparently] done something very, very bad -- very unforgivable,” Hughes said. “It had to be worse than slashing tires, stealing journals, stealing rings, stalking him – it was worse than that because this was the first time I saw this kind of response from [Travis]. I don't know what it was. It had to have been really bad.”

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/30/did-e-mail-contain-clue-travis-death

I'll bet she told him she had the phone sex recording and threatened to release it to his church and PPL peeps...I also think she threatened to lie and tell them he was a pedophile and this spawned the angry text from Travis. She is EVIL incarnate!

I really hope the jury caught JA all smiles when Juan was talking about the sex tape and how smiley she was.
The most emotion any of us have seen from her is when she is talking about sex.

I think in her mind she thinks she will beat this silly murder charge and walk and have a career in adult entertainment.

Looked like smirking to me.

Here's what keeps me up nights:
The three most spectacular murder trials within the past 20 years:
OJ Simpson
KC Anthony
JA

We all knew OJ and KC were guilty just as we know JA is guilty. And, we know the verdicts in two out of three of these trials. Despite overwhelming evidence two murderers were set free. Who knows what causes a jury to make the decisions it does. So, I'm worried now.

!. The Simpson jury and the Anthony jury were both sequestered. The Simpson jury had been sequestered for nine months.

2. Neither OJ nor CA took the stand and lied directly in the jurors' faces.

I'm just concerned jury will find find lesser charge than Murder 1st degree

It's out of everyone's control but the jury. Juan will have left them no reason for anything less than Murder 1 but ultimately it's their decision.

Can anyone recall the part of ALV's testimony where she mentions the "slap" across JA's face? Did Juan get some details of that wrong? I saw JA and JW shaking their heads a lot at that one.

no you got it right (well the lie about that.. that is..)

alv couldn't get the story right on the stand. And yes I said story. She was following a script. (jury noticed it too ala their questions)
Arias obviously told other versions to alv but she was supposed to stick to the script when she was coached and she messed up (oops.. hired gun.. but it didn't go boom):twocents:

I think he is the one that said he was Travis Alexander when he got arrested.

IIRC~ When everyone was all over Travis having a criminal record.

I think the bewildered looking guy might be a brother of Travis? I think I remember reading that one of his brothers might have issues.

Maybe they have another lie lined up...that now she can't be sure if returned it to the same Walmart.

If she pulls something like that, the jury is sure to know it is another one of fabricated stories. That will be one more lie they will know she and the DF team told to them. I don't think the jury will take that to kindly.

I haven't said much about JM because I felt as though he could have gone much further in some of his direct and cross examinations. I felt he left so many things up in the air one would have to really sit and puzzle to understand what he was getting at. But today - today the man is grabbing everything right out of the air and putting it to the jury in an incredibly logical manner that is beyond doubting. I always thought he was good, today, well I see an incredibly articulate man who is 100% committed to the truth and justice for Travis. He is putting it all out there, he is absolutely having a heart to heart conversation with the jury - excellence beyond words.

I think of it as one of those tedious 1000-piece puzzles. We used to keep one on the family room coffee table so anyone who came to our house could try to add a few pieces. Eventually, the puzzle was complete, even though it might have taken weeks (or even a month or two) to do. I liked to work the puzzle in sections and would get frustrated when I couldn't finish that one piece that would complete the part that I was working on. Juan is finding all of those hard-to-find pieces and putting the entire puzzle together. By the time that the Master finishes, the puzzle pieces will fit together perfectly. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie