Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding those saying that Wilmott was "disgusted" with Jodi, was pulling away as she was listening to Juan's retelling of the story, etc.

Are you saying that she doesn't know this case - and what in fact happened - forwards and back like Juan does?

That is SCARY to me!!! I mean I know they have to do their job, but to disconnect from the facts seems wrong. If she was just remembering what in fact Jodi had done, while listening to it play out in "real time" from Juan, then that doesn't seem like the right way to defend someone! Do your job, but NEVER forget what they are there for!

Up until yesterday she was busy... taking notes, objecting to every other question hanging at the edge of her seat ready to jump. Preparing her redirect etc... Yesterday she had her glasses of most of the day ... She had no real work left to do...She just had to listen. When it gets all tied up and told like a story .. and she wasn't distracted.. She was hit by the impact.

WTF I just heard Daniel Freeman on Nancy Grace...he is soooo weird. WHY would he go visit Jodi in jail several times??? He said he didn't own a tv he didn't know everyhing and he couldn't believe she had done it. WTF DANIEL FREEMAN??? Obviously, he was obsessed with her, probably thought about her every night doing you know what. I'm sorry if that is crude but I just can't stand that guy I wish NG wouldn't have him on anymore!!!! WHAT KIND OF FRIEND IS HE????? If there was someone EVEN SUSPECTED of killing my friend, I would not then go and VISIT THE SUSPECT in jail SEVERAL TIMES. WTF man, that is so wrong.

Maybe he just couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that someone he knew, someone his whole family had kind of opened their lives and home to, could do something this heinous. He wouldnt be the first she'd fooled, including sadly TA.

We don't know if he went there hoping to get some kind of assurance she didnt do it or what, but we do know it was a very bad time for him, having lost both his brother and his good friend.

I feel so bad for this man, and for everyone that thought they knew her only to find out she is a monster.

I'll be at work today. But, will stream from AZ Central as long as my connection is good. It is normally, but then I get busy!

Anywhoo.... for all those saying not sure they can watch Nurmi, I betcha you will. ;)

This is the finale, we all have to participate, no?

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

Im not sure why people wont watch??? Ok, yes, Nurmi is annoying as hell and creepier than most people's crazy uncle. However, his closing arguments are a major part of this case. Don't people want to know how the DT will spin this after JM's closing arguments? Don't people want to know what is said that will cause JM to respond in this or that way with his follow-up? If for some [God forbid] twist and the jury goes with a lesser charge, don't you want to hear what the DT said that maybe swayed them?

I find this a very important piece of this saga.....I wouldn't miss it no matter how much I cant stand the DT.

I have always thought that the magazine messages (witness tampering) was a very important thing. Then when the incompetent ALV testified that JA stopped "lying" after the supposed last story was told, I thought is was a bombshell bit of evidence. Because it absolutely contradicts DT experts contention that JA stopped lying. So, does anyone believe he will address JA's attempt at witness tampering (magazine message) in the final part of his closing?

I am hoping that the magazine stuff, twitter and interrogations/48 hrs will be brought in again during penalty phase. It definitely shows no remorse and I have always believed that is the basis for the penalty phase, showing remorse to avoid the DP. IDK, but does anyone even think that could happen? JA show remorse for what? She only feels remorse that her life was altered, she can't go to school, her family knows what she is really about etc. I hope all that is brought up.

K

:seeya: Yes ... TY ! LOL ... I waited all these months to see Mr. Martinez's Closing Arguments and it would be on the day I had to study and take a final exam ... LOL !

What I have watched so far, Mr. Martinez did a FANTASTIC JOB :great:

Mr. Martinez did a great job of detailing HOW JA "staged the scene" and how JA "cleaned up" ...

One good point he made was that there was NO DNA from Jodi ON Travis because she WASHED AWAY the evidence -- I thought that was important to explain to the jury because juries "like" DNA -- that CSI effect ... and it's obvious because of that cup that was found in the shower.

Another one was how he explained how she had to clean up when she was up there -- and she was NOT in a "FOG" -- is because there was NO BLOOD found on the steps ... oh, and when she went to put the items and camera in the washing machine, there was NO BLOOD found on the Chlorox bottle !

:rockon: Mr. Martinez's attention to detail is outstanding !

He's the poster boy for 'The Devil is in the Details'.

I'm sure he gives due credit to his outstanding background team.

Nope, I won't be watching. Or I should say I won't be listening. I'll have HLN on and it will be on mute. I cannot listen to that man drone on and on and on for 5 hours. I'll read along here and get the gist of what he is saying, but that's it.

I thought he had on a ruffled shirt yesterday until I realized it was his tie.
I think I have had enough.:floorlaugh:

a) who cares

b) JA was conditioned by abusers her whole life starting with her parents. She's a people pleaser even being so kind as to leave groceries for cheater-boyfriend-Bobby-Juarez. Matt abused her by cheating on her. Daryl abused her by not wanting to marry her. <insert multiple eye rolls>

Nurmi will say that JA never did anything about Travis' abuse because he was a leader in his church and he was in the top at PPL.

JA never told anybody about Travis being attracted to young boys because she is a people pleaser and she wanted to help him by bringing him mall pamphlets and having lots of sex with him.

The "experts" have testified that she has PTSD and was in a fog so that will explain away the cowinkydinks and all that bad evidence.

The ME made a typo in his report therefore his entire findings should be thrown out. That goes for what he told Flores about what came first, chicken or egg?

Jodi lies because she wants to make people happy and tell them what they want to hear. It's not because she is a self serving sociopath.

As for the self defense, how can frail wittle JA attack a healthy strong man? He must have attacked linebackered her and she was lucky to escape with her life and remember the gun and be able to sprint to the Martha Stewart OCD closet to grab the gun which was luckily loaded.

Nurmi will then have to deal with the premeditation. He will dispute the hair color, rental car, gas cans, hoard of skaters with screwdrivers and gun theft. Those are all lies by The Prosecutor.

This was a self defence killing that happened in the heat of the moment. No premeditation here folks.

The stab wound after stab wound happened in the great fog so that negates that part of premeditation. Umm hmmmm.

I agree. The last we heard of ALV was when Judge Sherry said she didn't want to hear about her personal issues. Then she vanished and never returned!

Telling right there!

MOO

Mel

Well, heck fire. Ya know, I didn't even notice that she never returned, did she? Good call. How did I miss that? Miracles DO happen. She was vile.

I am 100% certain that Juan will use the "I would BEG for the DP" statement during the PENALTY phase closing statements of the trial and it will be the final thing he plays in the courtroom. He won't waste it on the guilt phase -- there's no reason to do that.

I didn't do clips but I did write a list:
JA reacted to
gas can, no refund
faking orgasm
Juan calls her borderline
Christmas tree scenario
burglary of grandparents
Budget rental (not through Priceline)
KY lotion
her courting the media
Laughter when he discusses her just watching Travis before he knew she was there on June 4 and she laughs.
gave him a really dirty look when Juan says "Thank God Travis had the new camera" (because that caught the images of the murder.

Add to your list the license plate/skateboarders...she was shaking her head and smirking then.

I tend to focus on the speaker so I miss a lot of her antics. It's only when the camera is solely on her that I pick up on things.

I didn't do clips but I did write a list:
JA reacted to
gas can, no refund
faking orgasm
Juan calls her borderline
Christmas tree scenario
burglary of grandparents
Budget rental (not through Priceline)
KY lotion
her courting the media
Laughter when he discusses her just watching Travis before he knew she was there on June 4 and she laughs.
gave him a really dirty look when Juan says "Thank God Travis had the new camera" (because that caught the images of the murder.

Wow! Thanks! Any chance we can have a thread where people can add to the list of reactions they caught?

I remember her chuckling to Juan saying "who does that?" about her watching Travis before he knew she was there. Not sure why you'd chuckle over that but then again, she ain't one of us.

ETA: Did she stop doodling or whatever she was doing when Martinez started talking about the truest words spoken in this case - that she's the worst thing that even happened to Travis - I'm kinda remembering curiosity got the best of her and she looked at the screen trying to see the words he was talking about before he said them out loud. Anyone remember that?

Is this trial going to be televised?

I can't find an answer to that. Believe me, I've been looking for any word. Back before In Session turned crappy they had advertised that they would be showing it, but now, I dunno. At the very least, I am betting that it will be streamed online....

If it's not, then I gotta make a goooooood friend in Atlanta pretty darn quick lol so I can stay with them and attend trial.

:seeya: Yes ... TY ! LOL ... I waited all these months to see Mr. Martinez's Closing Arguments and it would be on the day I had to study and take a final exam ... LOL !

What I have watched so far, Mr. Martinez did a FANTASTIC JOB :great:

Mr. Martinez did a great job of detailing HOW JA "staged the scene" and how JA "cleaned up" ...

One good point he made was that there was NO DNA from Jodi ON Travis because she WASHED AWAY the evidence -- I thought that was important to explain to the jury because juries "like" DNA -- that CSI effect ... and it's obvious because of that cup that was found in the shower.

Another one was how he explained how she had to clean up when she was up there -- and she was NOT in a "FOG" -- is because there was NO BLOOD found on the steps ... oh, and when she went to put the items and camera in the washing machine, there was NO BLOOD found on the Chlorox bottle !

:rockon: Mr. Martinez's attention to detail is outstanding !

I agree with you. However, I will admit :blushing: when he started...the first half hour or so I was not impressed for some reason. I cant explain why, but I felt he was all over the place and struggling. I was not watching it live, as life got in the way of my priorities yesterday lol; however, I just felt it was a rough start.

I feel after about an hour he was on a roll and did amazing...

Eh, maybe it was just me in a weird mood.

He saw her when she was still saying the two intruders killed him. When he was subpoenaed, he had no idea until he was in the courtroom that she was using self-defense and saying all that other nonsense about Travis. I believe there's an interview with more information. Nancy Grace tends to cut everyone off in mid-sentence.

Huh...interesting...but how does that explain the fact that when Daniel Freeman called Jodi to tell her that Travis had been murdered...she put on her surprise/shocked/crying act and DIDN"T TELL HIM SHE WAS THERE DURING THE SUPPOSED NINJA INTRUDERS SCENARIO? She was arrested about one month later...that would signal to me even if I believe the ninja story that obviously she knew something about what had happened, yet she had just lied to me on the phone and acted like she knew nothing about it when I called and told her he was dead. No, I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense..."something not right with that boy."

I just have ONE question for the day??? How on earth is Nurmi EVER going to compare, or even REMOTELY TRY to give a Defensive Closing Argument after that ANNIHILATION of a Closing Juan gave yesterday? HOW??? There is NO WAY POSSIBLE. Nurmi isn't a eloquent or even for that matter a efficient speaker, he will be all over the place.

The Prosecutor should play this in final closing, has her direct, cross and jury question testimony on gas cans

Prosecutor Juan Martinez's "Perry Mason" Moment - Busts Jodi Arias For Lying About Gas Cans - YouTube

Thanks for posting this youtube. I just came across it on youtube and was going to post it myself. Its very clear in this video. She even added that she returned it immed. after buying, while in the same parking spot.

Plus JM shows that 3 5 gallon containers were filled later in SLCity

I thought he had on a ruffled shirt yesterday until I realized it was his tie.
I think I have had enough.:floorlaugh:

He has worn that several times and every time, I think it is a ruffled shirt! It's the contrast with the blue shirt he wears with it. It freaks your eyes out!

After watching Juan yesterday with his closing argument.........I think he did an awesome job and I think the jury will come back with the right verdict. No doubt in my mind.

There is only one thing in my mind that could make JM's closing better and that relates to the 26 May text message Travis sent to Jodi calling her evil and a sociopath. The one thing unanswered for me relates to this text - what set Travis off, what made him so angry to finally come out and tell Ms. Arias off ? I have my own theory about that and that is she threatened him, threatened to take her little recording and pass it around to not only Travis' friends and family but also to Travis' bishop or anyone of authority within the church. I just have a feeling that if we had the answer to what made Travis so angry - there would be zero doubt as to premeditation and that she enjoyed stabbing him, enjoyed slitting his throat and absolutely relished shooting him in the head. There would be zero doubt she absolutely meant to destroy him both physically and spiritually and to lay waste to his reputation forever.

If JM had this answer - the jury would beat her 62 seconds of destruction before even entering the deliberation room.

BBM

The fact she didn't submit a report is suspect right off the bat. A true professional would have a report. The DT fought to keep ALV's notes from the prosecution - why?

Because ALV is a bold face liar and IMO the DT knew she would lie on the stand. I don't know which is worse - ALV lying or the DT knowing she'd lie on the stand. Both are reprehensible IMO.

As it turned out, ALV was an advocate, not an evaluator, which is probably why she didn't turn in a report. JA was her 'client' and the AZ taxpayers paid a bloody fortune for this man-hating 'expert' to denigrate the true 'victim of abuse' and 'edify' her throat-slashing client with her lies. Nothing less than scandalous!

Juan made it clear to the jury that they can disregard any or all testimony if they feel that witness is lying. JA would not have had a defense without ALV and Dr. Samuels, who moulded her battered woman/PTSD testabaloney.

Juan went as far as he could go by repeatedly calling ALV a liar; her testimony should have been thrown out, IMO.

The DT played a game of 'liar's poker' - the jury gets it!

He saw her when she was still saying the two intruders killed him. When he was subpoenaed, he had no idea until he was in the courtroom that she was using self-defense and saying all that other nonsense about Travis. I believe there's an interview with more information. Nancy Grace tends to cut everyone off in mid-sentence.
Agreed, Nancy is so busy interrupting her guests, that you rarely get the whole story. Here's a link to a recent video interview and article about Dan Freeman, his relationship with Travis and Jodi, visiting her in jail, etc. Worth a look for those who want to know more. If you watch the video, stick with it to the end.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...eman-friend-of-arias-and-alexander-speaks-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth