Closing arguments- thread #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't even putting in an effort today...no tears, and she was LAUGHING during part of JM's presentation. Just unbelievable. You'd think she would at least be putting forth an effort for the jury.
She barely stifled a smile/smirk when JM said she faked the O even though we heard her squealing like a cat.

Did he laugh when JM said that? What a putz. Nurmi laughing at JM? He isn't half the attorney and never will be that JM is.

Considering he defends sex offenders for a living, his inappropriate chuckle at that isn't surprising. :help:

Willmott was mouth agape laughing when they reconvened after lunch break. Her behavior in court, especially when JM is speaking is truly astonishing. I'd support sanctions in her case.

I'll be happy when this hideous case is over so I won't have to look at any of the three of them EVER again. Let them all- with serious weight given to the defendant, of course- fade into obscurity, forgotten, just where they deserve to be.

He probably got home, thought the odour was from the dog, looked around, cleaned up any mess Nap had made, end of story. The decomp wouldn't have been strong at first plus TA was in the bathroom ensuite shower, behind locked bedroom door that JA locked (while in a fog :floorlaugh:).

It reminds me of when cooking, after awhile we don't even notice the aroma but someone coming into the house from outside would yell HEY THAT SMELLS GOOD, KWIM?

Plus, the air conditioner was on in the bedroom....

Those emails would have stiffened Travis' resolve to continue seeing Jodi and 'fix' the perceived 'damage' that was done to his good name .. it also explains why he didn't listen to them when they warned him about Jodi a few months down the track.

I would think he would have to provide proof of that and it was never provided in court. Nurmi can't say she returned it to a different store when she has already testified she returned it to the same store. Plus we know she had three cans in Utah.

Correct. He cannot introduce new evidence during closing. If he attempts to, JM will be all over it with an objection.

i don't think anyone envy's Nurmi's position, especially after JM's stellar performance, it's a tough act to follow. I don't think Nurmi ever believed her. I believe JW is taking this way to seriously, to the point that she DOES believe Jodi. I can see it in her face and hear it in her voice, she's REALLY reaching, i'd understand if she was just doing her job as best as she could, but it seems so personal to her, as if she is under some kind of freakish spell!

I think she has illusions of grandeur. She sees herself as being the next Baez that won a case that there was no hope to win. This is totally personal for her because she has a huge ego and wants to be a star in the legal world. She is looking for fame. jmo

Knowing that I watched mom and gmom sit there stoic while everyone else is crying, I don't imagine JA's family is going to move me to tears as they throw down everything, drop to their knees and beg the jury to spare her life. They will go to any length to spare her. I may actually enjoy it. No, I won't enjoy it, but it won't move me a bit.

I agree with you somewhat on the mom part, but the poor grandma I feel horrible for. She took Jodi in her modest home and was used by her granddaughter.

Did JM just say about the burglary at the grandparents how the thief said to himself, "uh, I don't want to take the money because it might be too heavy?"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

How is Nurmi going to try and turn this around? Is he just going to move around deck chairs on the Titanic? Or does he have some surprises up his sleeve?

Can he make something of the typo in the ME report? Is he going to try and say she returned that gas can to another Walmart?

Considering he defends sex offenders for a living, his inappropriate chuckle at that isn't surprising. :help:

Willmott was mouth agape laughing when they reconvened after lunch break. Her behavior in court, especially when JM is speaking is truly astonishing. I'd support sanctions in her case.

I'll be happy when this hideous case is over so I won't have to look at any of the three of them EVER again. Let them all- with serious weight given to the defendant, of course- fade into obscurity, forgotten, just where they deserve to be.

The pair of them have no sense of courtroom decor, they are both disgraceful. Nurmi lounging back in that chair, picking his nose, Willmott stamping her feet like a 2 year old, laughing, pretending to be BFF with JA, all sickening. Both of them are truly nauseating and lousy at their craft IMO.

Plus, the air conditioner was on in the bedroom....

Right! Plus the air conditioning in the rest of the house.

I believe the cameras installed on highways etc. can't read upside down license plates. But I may be very wrong.

That's a myth, but I'm not sure if Jodi thought that was the case. She also thought that red cars are pulled over more, so she does have ideas like that.

I think she has illusions of grandeur. She sees herself as being the next Baez that won a case that there was no hope to win. This is totally personal for her because she has a huge ego and wants to be a star in the legal world. She is looking for fame. jmo

I can picture her already begging HLN for a show of her own.

Nurmi will go back to defending degenerate sex offenders.

ETA: Can you imagine being not only the unfortunate victim of a sex offence, but being cross-examined by Nurmi? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Whatever nurmi says tomorrow will be fixed by Martinez in closing ! Since the state goes last.

He definitely has an advantage of being able to dismantle anything they say in their own closing...

Juan was amazing today. I couldn't watch the last bit bc of my sons school concert, but I'll watch tomorrow on YouTube...

Please, I don't want to see someone be criticized for something that had many components to it..........

I copied and pasted this from: "State rests rebuttal case- thread #166", there are also links floating around for statement's made by the Freeman's after Joshua's death and what Joshua was dealing with. (put "Dan Freeman" or "Joshua Freeman" in the WS search) It was a VERY tragic situation. Please don't place judgments on the actions of Dan or his family..... I don't have a "horse in this race", but let's get the facts before we start questioning someone's motives or friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleElle
Did Jodi script the Travis pedophile letters from friend who shot himself on 7/15/08 because he was attracted to boys & afraid to act out? (Joshua Freeman).

Perhaps Jodi used the intimate details of her friend Joshua Freeman’s struggle with alleged pedophilia as the script for her accusations against Travis.

Here is why:

The Freeman family was VERY close to Jodi. Daniel and Desiree Freeman testified to this for the defense. Jodi spent a lot of time with them. Also, both of may have visited Jodi in jail.

Joshua Freeman, Daniel and Desiree's brother, was the closest to Jodi. He had been sexually abused by a neighbor as a young boy and was tormented by inclinations inside himself. He was afraid he couldn’t control things he'd done and what was brewing.

Joshua purchased a small handgun in the days leading to his death (perhaps Jodi was with him and this is when she bought the 9mm she was going to run away with)?

Jodi was arrested on Tuesday, July 15, 2008.

Joshua shot himself on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Quote by me: (Bernina)
Because the Freeman's were on the defense witness list, they would have had no idea that JA was going to use that as part of JA's final defense because they could not discuss or watch the case until they were released from further testimony. The Freeman's were the only visitors to JA in jail in Phoenix (as far as I know) that were from that group of TA/JA friends. They probably discussed their brother's death with JA when visiting.
I can't imagine how they must feel, if they were totally blindsided after their testimonies and released from any future recall, to find out what JA had alleged about TA.

Knowing that I watched mom and gmom sit there stoic while everyone else is crying, I don't imagine JA's family is going to move me to tears as they throw down everything, drop to their knees and beg the jury to spare her life. They will go to any length to spare her. I may actually enjoy it. No, I won't enjoy it, but it won't move me a bit.

not everyone shows emotion the same way. they are used to Jodi and to me it seems like her actions don't surprise them. They may not say much during the penalty phase either.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Think the DT is going to drag this out until Monday to try and diffuse some of today's momentum

I'll be happy when this hideous case is over so I won't have to look at any of the three of twhem EVER again. Let them all- with serious weight given to the defendant, of course- fade into obscurity, forgotten, just where they deserve to be.

BBM. I am so with you, sister. I feel like I'm going to need a Silkwood shower when this is over. I've felt sickened through the whole thing. I want it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy