Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the route google works out - I think he probably took Broadway as well

Looking at your map shot me right back there. It looks like a very big area to cover in one night out but we did it all of the time

Do we know if Adam was a regular at Syntax? Is it where he normally gets a nightcap or was it a new destination for him?

So if this is the order of events, then your route *might* be correct:

-Charlie's Bar
-Lyft back to parked car by Coors Field
-Drove home to S. Broadway area (?)
-Went to Syntax
(those last two could be interchangeable)

BUT, when I lived in the Cheeseman/Capitol Hill area (worked in Lodo, went to the Candlelight near his house), we never ever took I-25 because it was a pain to get to. We always took Speer or Broadway.
The reason I don't think he drove straight to Syntax from where his car was parked is the timeline. The Lyft driver dropped Adam off at his car at 11:47pm. Adam didn't show up at Syntax until 50 minutes later, at 12:38am. According to Google Maps, it only takes about 20 min. to drive from the car park to Syntax. So, it seems more likely that he drove home first and then walked to Syntax.

The reason I don't think he drove straight to Syntax from where his car was parked is the timeline. The Lyft driver dropped Adam off at his car at 11:47pm. Adam didn't show up at Syntax until 50 minutes later, at 12:38am. According to Google Maps, it only takes about 20 min. to drive from the car park to Syntax. So, it seems more likely that he drove home first and then walked to Syntax.

I do agree with this, though we don't know if he stopped anywhere to get gas or food or the grocery store. Is it possible this soon for police to have all surveillance footage for possible routes home? I guess his purchase history on his bank card, but if he pays with cash then that's harder to find.

Oh also, it would take 20 minutes via I-25. But would take longer on Broadway because there are lights.

View attachment Going_missing_on_a_night_out_2011.pdf

Found this link via Google but met Adam a couple months ago at a Halloween pumpkin party. Then saw him again this past weekend at a gay potluck. I've already posted on the FB event about him being missing and many of us are creeped out that people can disappear in 2017 without a trace, especially someone you saw a few days prior.

I've attached a flyer from the UK regarding missing people after drinking. Unfortunately, a small percentage end up drowning, probably like what happened to Joey.

He walked out of the bar in the opposite direction of his home. There is a Sam's Club and then the light rail station, past that is the Platte River. Probably only 5-10 minutes away, about the same time as him walking home, just in the opposite direction. Someone mentioned that it's only about 3 ft deep right now, although I cannot confirm. If he was confused about the direction of his house he may very well be confused about stumbling into the water or forgetting he already drove his car home and deciding to go pick it up. I've definitely been drunk enough to not know where I was and have friends who passed out in bushes and woke the next morning missing their wallet and phone.

I know they said they've checked the river and surrounding areas but maybe they should check further downstream. It's going on 5 or 6 days now and with these things, time is of the essence.

View attachment 127993

Found this link via Google but met Adam a couple months ago at a Halloween pumpkin party. Then saw him again this past weekend at a gay potluck. I've already posted on the FB event about him being missing and many of us are creeped out that people can disappear in 2017 without a trace, especially someone you saw a few days prior.

I've attached a flyer from the UK regarding missing people after drinking. Unfortunately, a small percentage end up drowning, probably like what happened to Joey.

He walked out of the bar in the opposite direction of his home. There is a Sam's Club and then the light rail station, past that is the Platte River. Probably only 5-10 minutes away, about the same time as him walking home, just in the opposite direction. Someone mentioned that it's only about 3 ft deep right now, although I cannot confirm. If he was confused about the direction of his house he may very well be confused about stumbling into the water or forgetting he already drove his car home and deciding to go pick it up. I've definitely been drunk enough to not know where I was and have friends who passed out in bushes and woke the next morning missing their wallet and phone.

I know they said they've checked the river and surrounding areas but maybe they should check further downstream. It's going on 5 or 6 days now and with these things, time is of the essence.
I know of 4 different cases off the top of my head here on WS where young men died in the water after a night of drinking. Some were labeled accidents and one or 2 were suicides. Can't remember the names. 2 in a river and 2 in a creek.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just like a lot of you, all I can think of is all of the other young men found in water. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As far as LE stating no foul play is suspected, there have been cases here where LE sad that very thing while they had a suspect in mind they were investigating and later arrested. Taylor Wright Case comes to mInd. She was murdered, but basically inferred she left on her own while they investigated and built a case against the last person known to be with her and who murdered her. In the case of Laura Wallen, they did the same thing while they built their case against her boyfriend.

There are so many cases of young men having a night out on the town, drinking and then disappearing on or around water. The Smiley Face Killer is believed to be one of the serial killers making some of this happen, while other cases are just horrible accidents.

View attachment 127993

Thank you for posting Huoi, I’m glad you joined us, albeit the terrible situation. We very much appreciate your thoughtful post and hope you’ll stick around and continue to chime in. Thank you for sharing your local knowledge about the area as well. Scary thought about a body of water being so close. I’m surprised that we haven’t heard anything from the bartender or other patrons that saw him last. How much he was drinking, if he mentioned meeting anyone, etc. That would be a huge help.

This is such a sad case..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like a lot of you, all I can think of is all of the other young men found in water. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just for reference for people out of town, the Platte while running thru Denver is not really much of a "river".

Also I THINK, although not 100% sure, the part of the Platte closest to Adam's apartment is separated from the main streets, like you have to walk down stairsets to concrete paths along the river (which can easily be done, and from the walkways you could easily fall in, but you'd have to go down there willfully).

And my understanding is those walkways, water hazard aside, are not the safest places to be walking at night, even though overall it's not an area I'd consider to be sketchy/dangerous (it's not the best but far from the worst).

In the surveillance footage from Syntax, and in Adam’s last Instagram video, he doesn’t appear to be excessively inebriated to me. At least not to the extent that he’d be so disoriented he couldn’t find his way home. He wasn’t slurring his speech or stumbling around.

I would think Adam being into yoga and wearing the om necklace might make him a spiritual guy...so blowing out that candle might mean a lot more. The surveillance video at the last bar shows him slumped over slightly while he was posting on instagram... So he may have been very intoxicated or depressed.

I've read through this thread, and I've consumed as much information as I can find and a few things stand out to me. Firstly, having been to Charlies a million times myself, it's not unusual to get bothered or harassed by someone there. While it was, at its founding, a country bar, it's not much of a country bar anymore, and can get pretty busy and pretty crazy. Further, there are cameras all over that place. I have a hard time believing that the only footage they have is at the door. As for the concerns about him mentioning the rough night to the uber driver: I have, on many occasions, found myself just mentioning that something crappy happened at a bar to an uber driver as I was leaving and, as such, don't find his conversation particularly telling. When it comes to his time at Syntax, it would stand to reason that he walked across the street and away from his home if he had parked his car in the Sams Club lot which is directly across the street. I would check surveillance at late night eateries between Lodo and South Broadway, especially if it is going to take a while to get court authorization to look at his bank records. I worry that, at 5 days out, surveillance video may soon be lost for good.

Any chance there's surveillance video from the Sams Club parking lot?

Latest from his FB page:

I just spoke with family and we wanted to update you as we know media coverage is everything when finding missing persons!

*Adam Gilbertsons phone LAST pinged at 1253AM when gilbertson left the Syntax bar. This is fact according to Denver PD. NOT 8AM...not near apartment.

*We are sitting and waiting for Denver pd to update us on his phone history, contact with others that night, who he may have been speaking with over apps, texts, calls, social media/Snapchat, facebook messenger, etc, dating apps, social denver apps and messenger on his phone. We want and NEED these answers as they could bring Adam home.
*1 week Tonight, on December 21st... or Dec 22nd at 1253AM, Adam will have been missing FOR ALREADY ONE WEEK.

*Adam's dad had to return to MN, Amy (sister) is in Denver until Friday, and his MOTHER JUST ARRIVED IN DENVER AND IS AT HER HOTEL. SHE IS HOPEFUL TO BE INTERVIEWED. She wants TO ASK THE DENVER PD AND PUBLIC TO HELP KEEP FOCUS ON ADAM'S CASE And follow up on these leads. Who was Adam in contact with the night he disappeared so uncharacteristically?

Share share share!

Latest from his FB page:

I just spoke with family and we wanted to update you as we know media coverage is everything when finding missing persons!

*Adam Gilbertsons phone LAST pinged at 1253AM when gilbertson left the Syntax bar. This is fact according to Denver PD. NOT 8AM...not near apartment.

*We are sitting and waiting for Denver pd to update us on his phone history, contact with others that night, who he may have been speaking with over apps, texts, calls, social media/Snapchat, facebook messenger, etc, dating apps, social denver apps and messenger on his phone. We want and NEED these answers as they could bring Adam home.
*1 week Tonight, on December 21st... or Dec 22nd at 1253AM, Adam will have been missing FOR ALREADY ONE WEEK.

*Adam's dad had to return to MN, Amy (sister) is in Denver until Friday, and his MOTHER JUST ARRIVED IN DENVER AND IS AT HER HOTEL. SHE IS HOPEFUL TO BE INTERVIEWED. She wants TO ASK THE DENVER PD AND PUBLIC TO HELP KEEP FOCUS ON ADAM'S CASE And follow up on these leads. Who was Adam in contact with the night he disappeared so uncharacteristically?

Share share share!

If the last ping was at the time he left the bar it would mean the phone was damaged or incapacitated. i.e. Water damage would probably do it. Unless it was purposefully switched off after he left the bar.

Also looking at Google Maps, Syntax bar is literally 1000 ft east of the Platte river. There are surveillance cameras in the Sam's Club parking lot based on signs posted. That needs to be checked out IMO to determine if he continued west, especially if Syntax cameras caught him going across the street. Moreover one can easily cross towards the Platte because the light rail system is not fenced in, simply cross a few sets of train tracks and you'd be at the Home Depot west of Syntax.

From there it would only be a couple minutes walk to the edge of the river. There are no fences barring access to it from the streets nearby.

Of course, it could be possible foul play is involved. But I find it hard to believe someone randomly gets kidnapped at 1 AM after a night out drinking. Accidents and suicide are much more likely, especially given the Instagram video he posted where he blew out a candle and said he loved everyone prior to disappearing.

Wasn’t he only at the last bar for 15-20 minutes? I’d find it very odd if he got that inebriated it that short span of time that he couldn’t find his way home. How long was he at the other bar? Did the Uber driver make any comment about him seeming intoxicated? He drove his car from point A to point B just fine so I’m really not sure he wandered off after the last bar. Jmo

while they say they don't suspect foul play, I really hope they've done a trash pull of the bar and his apartment and looked everywhere around the bar for his phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28
Back