Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn’t he only at the last bar for 15-20 minutes? I’d find it very odd if he got that inebriated it that short span of time that he couldn’t find his way home. How long was he at the other bar? Did the Uber driver make any comment about him seeming intoxicated? He drove his car from point A to point B just fine so I’m really not sure he wandered off after the last bar. Jmo

Makes me wonder if someone put something in his drink.

He's on the phone in the video. How is it that Le has not done forensics on his phone at this point is beyond me. They are either behind the 'times' or unwilling to investigate. Why? Who was he on the phone with ?

I find it interesting that his phone last pinged at 12:53, when he departed the bar at 12:50. That seems...quick. If he ended up in water, I don’t think it would have shut off from water damage that quickly (unless it’s an old phone). It seems to me that it was switched off/destroyed by him or someone else. But again, so quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that his phone last pinged at 12:53, when he departed the bar at 12:50. That seems...quick. If he ended up in water, I don’t think it would have shut off from water damage that quickly (unless it’s an old phone). It seems to me that it was switched off/destroyed by him or someone else. But again, so quick.

Yeah that's a very interesting point. I don't know much about how pinging works - is it something that would (should) be happening pretty much constantly?

Yeah that's a very interesting point. I don't know much about how pinging works - is it something that would (should) be happening pretty much constantly?

I found this, not sure how much we can put into this (I don't know the source)

The phone sitting inactive as he describes, there is a parameter that can be set by the carrier. It is basically an activity timer. We set ours, when I still worked for a carrier, at 8 hours. So you turn your phone on, and it pings once, to tell the network it's on,and where it is. With the activity timer set at 8 hours, unless the phone moves to another cell, makes or recieves a cal or text, or starts a data session, nothing happens. After 8 hours, the phone will ping again, then be dormant for 8 more hours.

Link

Well, this is rare but when I'm upset with someone, I'll turn my phone off so I can't be reached. Mainly so I'm not tempted to unload on them.

So it will be interesting to see who he'd been talking with.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Magz.
The Lyft driver saying Adam said he felt stalked (this is strange).

Watching him wait there, back to the street, his hands mostly in his pocket, maybe out once to cough, smiles seems calm, just once, he looks over his shoulder, so I focussed on that image and zoomed in on the background. I think I can make out a car passing by in the background, not suggesting it's related.

I bet LE is reviewing all sorts of footage or they should from that night from around the places he had been.

Adam doesn't seem to me like the type of person who would tell a stranger they were being stalked. That's information he may have relayed to friends, family, and co-workers reliably, which doesn't seem to be the case, from what we know so far.

I hope his family, friends and LE Find Adam safe and sound soon.

View attachment 127938View attachment 127939View attachment 127940 generally outlines of car maybe, backseat passenger with a device maybe?
View attachment 127941View attachment 127942

From here: https://www.facebook.com/Find-Adam-Ronald-Gilbertson-162550087694434/

and here: https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...perate-to-find-son-who-went-missing-in-denver

He may have meant he felt like he was being stalked or watched that night. I have had this happen to me at a gay bar as well. Dude tried flirting and all that at one bar, I made it obvious I wasn't interested. I moved on to another bar and the dude was at that one as well, again tried to pick me up, declined again, when I left that bar to go to the dance club a block away I was walking and my friend told me to look across the street. There was creepy guy, he was walking down the other side of the road just staring at me. I made it into the club, figuring I'd be safe, lots of people and I was with a friend. Nope, no dice. I was on the dance floor and creepy comes up behind me on the floor and starts rubbing and grinding into me. I freaked out and ran away, about 20 min later when I was walking back to my car, I noticed that creep was following me yet again, I ducked into the lesbian bar, told the bouncer what was up and she and 4 of the ladies from the bar walked with me to my car. Scariest freakin night of my life.

He's on the phone in the video. How is it that Le has not done forensics on his phone at this point is beyond me. They are either behind the 'times' or unwilling to investigate. Why? Who was he on the phone with ?

They're on this as we speak.

Denver LE is not living in the dark ages. This is Standard Procedure, phones, etc etc. Denver NCMEC is involved, iirc.

There is a post from last night which address the current situation re all of this, looking for it.

Eta: Post for reference:

Latest from his FB page:

I just spoke with family and we wanted to update you as we know media coverage is everything when finding missing persons!

*Adam Gilbertsons phone LAST pinged at 1253AM when gilbertson left the Syntax bar. This is fact according to Denver PD. NOT 8AM...not near apartment.

*We are sitting and waiting for Denver pd to update us on his phone history, contact with others that night, who he may have been speaking with over apps, texts, calls, social media/Snapchat, facebook messenger, etc, dating apps, social denver apps and messenger on his phone. We want and NEED these answers as they could bring Adam home.
*1 week Tonight, on December 21st... or Dec 22nd at 1253AM, Adam will have been missing FOR ALREADY ONE WEEK.

*Adam's dad had to return to MN, Amy (sister) is in Denver until Friday, and his MOTHER JUST ARRIVED IN DENVER AND IS AT HER HOTEL. SHE IS HOPEFUL TO BE INTERVIEWED. She wants TO ASK THE DENVER PD AND PUBLIC TO HELP KEEP FOCUS ON ADAM'S CASE And follow up on these leads. Who was Adam in contact with the night he disappeared so uncharacteristically?

Share share share!

He was on his phone in the bar. Possibly hooking up for an Uber and maybe his battery died within a few minutes of leaving the bar. It’s not unusual to for a cell phone battery to be dead at 12:53am.

For clarification he used Lyft, not Uber (seeing this mentioned a couple times so just trying to help keep things clear :heart: ) .

Thanks to the local posters upstream for the geo info/perspectives.

This has got to be an absolute nightmare for Adam's family....really feeling for them right now...

View attachment 127993

Found this link via Google but met Adam a couple months ago at a Halloween pumpkin party. Then saw him again this past weekend at a gay potluck. I've already posted on the FB event about him being missing and many of us are creeped out that people can disappear in 2017 without a trace, especially someone you saw a few days prior.

I've attached a flyer from the UK regarding missing people after drinking. Unfortunately, a small percentage end up drowning, probably like what happened to Joey.

He walked out of the bar in the opposite direction of his home. There is a Sam's Club and then the light rail station, past that is the Platte River. Probably only 5-10 minutes away, about the same time as him walking home, just in the opposite direction. Someone mentioned that it's only about 3 ft deep right now, although I cannot confirm. If he was confused about the direction of his house he may very well be confused about stumbling into the water or forgetting he already drove his car home and deciding to go pick it up. I've definitely been drunk enough to not know where I was and have friends who passed out in bushes and woke the next morning missing their wallet and phone.

I know they said they've checked the river and surrounding areas but maybe they should check further downstream. It's going on 5 or 6 days now and with these things, time is of the essence.

Bringing this forward

So if this is the order of events, then your route *might* be correct:

-Charlie's Bar
-Lyft back to parked car by Coors Field
-Drove home to S. Broadway area (?)
-Went to Syntax
(those last two could be interchangeable)

BUT, when I lived in the Cheeseman/Capitol Hill area (worked in Lodo, went to the Candlelight near his house), we never ever took I-25 because it was a pain to get to. We always took Speer or Broadway.

Bringing this forward.

I'm a little overwhelmed with what to respond to first. I don't know if he had holiday plans.

I have attached the most up to date flyer here.
1c3b62fa3ca13462385487724cfbedb5.jpg

Bringing this forward

I have to agree about water damage. My Nana and her husband live on a lake and he dropped his iPhone 7 from the dock this summer. It was under 6’+ of water for 4 days and worked fine once they were able to retrieve it.

I'm looking for the quote that says Adam's family is awaiting more information in order for a direction on upcoming searches, etc....but that they are also working themselves n the side (paraphrasing).

Ok, let's put our noggins together!

His apartment door was found unlocked with his keys inside, and his car was parked there.. So the theory that he got lost after he left the club and didn't make it home doesn't seem to be a possibility.

His phone last pinged around the time he left the club at 12:53, right? Maybe the battery ran down? Maybe that's one of the reasons he left? He was probably on it a lot that night. That Instagram post was posted from Syntax - the last place he was seen.

It seems like he made it home. But did he attempt to go back out again?
Did someone follow him? We haven't heard about what the apartment looked like inside, have we? Any signs of struggle, any signs of a crime being committed? Was someone waiting for him to get home and they confronted him? I'm wondering what the apartments look like. Did neighbors hear anything? SOMETHING IS NOT ADDING UP!

What are your theories, sleuthers??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back