Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ken Gruno
Shane Montgomery
Paul Kochu

All ended up in the water. That's the first place my mind went when first reading this case, too.

Vanderbilt Lake is a 26 minute walk from the Syntax.
Smith Lake is a 24 minute walk from the Syntax.
The South Platte River isn't far either.

Watching...

Ken Gruno
Shane Montgomery
Paul Kochu

All ended up in the water. That's the first place my mind went when first reading this case, too.

Vanderbilt Lake is a 26 minute walk from the Syntax.
Smith Lake is a 24 minute walk from the Syntax.
The South Platte River isn't far either.

Watching...

Sorry about the "directions by car" box - just wanted to show all of the bodies of water mentioned by Midge Montana

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.52.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.52.24 AM.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.56.09 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.56.09 AM.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 383
:blushing:
He was on his phone in the bar. Possibly hooking up for an Uber and maybe his battery died within a few minutes of leaving the bar. It’s not unusual to for a cell phone battery to be dead at 12:53am.

He used Lyft not Uber. Thanks for keeping me straight Margarita25

I have to wonder if someone might have hit him, like a drunk driver, and then maybe tried to cover up....?

I'm afraid though water is my thought as well....we've seen too many cases of men leaving bars here to not feel that way...

I have to wonder if someone might have hit him, like a drunk driver, and then maybe tried to cover up....?
I was thinking that - but it looks like he made it home since his keys were there and the door was unlocked.

I'm afraid though water is my thought as well....we've seen too many cases of men leaving bars here to not feel that way...

Far too many. It's awful. As soon as I hear about a guy going missing after he leaves a club, that's my FIRST THOUGHT! Check nearby bodies of water!

Sorry about the "directions by car" box - just wanted to show all of the bodies of water mentioned by Midge Montana

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you for the map of the water locations. It’s been stated Adam crossed the street and walked in an opposite direction from his home when he left Syntax. I think Smith Lake would be in the direction of (east of) his home on Logan St. near E Virginia Ave.

Ok, let's put our noggins together!

His apartment door was found unlocked with his keys inside, and his car was parked there.. So the theory that he got lost after he left the club and didn't make it home doesn't seem to be a possibility.

His phone last pinged around the time he left the club at 12:53, right? Maybe the battery ran down? Maybe that's one of the reasons he left? He was probably on it a lot that night. That Instagram post was posted from Syntax - the last place he was seen.

It seems like he made it home. But did he attempt to go back out again?
Did someone follow him? We haven't heard about what the apartment looked like inside, have we? Any signs of struggle, any signs of a crime being committed? Was someone waiting for him to get home and they confronted him? I'm wondering what the apartments look like. Did neighbors hear anything? SOMETHING IS NOT ADDING UP!

What are your theories, sleuthers??

On the question of pinging. Here's a rough idea of how it works:

When you turn your phone on it pings the nearest tower with the strongest signal telling the network "Hey, I'm here, I'm online and ready to rock n roll."

When you place a call or send a text message or you receive a call or text then your phone will ping the nearest tower with best signal again, if you are talking on the phone for any length of time the phone will ping out every few minutes or so to make sure it has the strongest connection.

When you use data the same thing happens, when you first go onto the internet your phone will ping for the best signal and it will repeatedly ping every few minutes to maintain the strongest signal.

Now, lets say you're not using your phone at all. Lets say you sent or received a text message or phone call and that was it, your phone is now essentially in stand-by, it's waiting to do something. It could take up to 8 hours before your phone will ping a tower again (this time is variable based on carrier, some will send a ping sooner, some even later).

So, with that said. Lets speculate that Adam finished whatever text convo he was having or he shut down whatever app he was using when he left the bar. His phone pinged one last time, if he didn't use his phone again after that ping then the phone would't have sent out another ping for several hours.

As for a theory.

Since his keys and car were located at his apt I think it's safe to say he made it home from Syntax. It wouldn't make sense for him to drive home from Charlies, park, go into his apt just to leave his keys behind and then walk to Syntax. I would never leave my keys behind at my home and leave an unlocked door just to walk a half mile to a bar, I don't think anyone would do that, esp not in a city. No, I think he made it home from Syntax, put his keys down and maybe decided to step outside for whatever reason.

If he was getting on gay dating apps I don't think they had anything to do with him disappearing. We gay men, esp the younger ones, tend to be quite careful when using the apps because of the threats involved. It's not uncommon, esp in larger cities, for homophobes or gang members to pose on those apps for the purposes of meeting up with a guy to assault him and rob him. Also, using a bit of social profiling, Adam doesn't fit the type that would fall victim to that sort of set-up, in fact I have my doubts that he may have been using those apps for the purposes of cruising. If anything he was seeking out a relationship or friends but not random hook-ups.

Thank you for the map of the water locations. It’s been stated Adam crossed the street and walked in an opposite direction from his home when he left Syntax. I think Smith Lake would be in the direction of (east of) his home on Logan St. near E Virginia Ave.

Thank you, I was trying to process this, can someone maybe please draw an arrow or something?

To get to those bodies of water he had to walk, if he was so drunk how did he walked so far? Also lets not forget that his keys and car where found in his apartment. I already asked before, but is it confirmed that he went to another club after going to his house?

if he was so drunk how did he walked so far?

We're not all saying he was "so drunk." One can have a good buzz and still get turned around without being fall down drunk.

I already asked before, but is it confirmed that he went to another club after going to his house?

Nope. The last time he was seen, that we know of was leaving Syntax. We're all only speculating on what may have happened after he left.

Just my two cents: all three of those bodies of water mentioned are in heavily trafficked parks, in a city that has had temps in the upper 60's the past week, tons of sunshine and full of active folks. There's (to me) zero possibility that he ended up in those bodies of water without having already been found.

Just my two cents: all three of those bodies of water mentioned are in heavily trafficked parks, in a city that has had temps in the upper 60's the past week, tons of sunshine and full of active folks. There's (to me) zero possibility that he ended up in those bodies of water without having already been found.

I completely agree with this. The lake in Wash Park (Smith Lake) looks big on a map but it's not really THAT big, and wash park is soooo widely used by joggers, walkers, bikers, moms with strollers, etc...there is no part of that lake that is not super visible. There are benches all around it; if there was a body in the water it would already have been seen.

The Platte River wouldn’t be a threat, IMO. You’d be more threatened by people along the path than the shallow water. I’m not thinking he went in water. How do we know HE went home? Maybe stopped at Syntax after he picked up his car, parked across the street, something happened and another person parked his car and tossed the keys into the apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the car has been impounded, there’s a good reason

The Platte River wouldn’t be a threat, IMO. You’d be more threatened by people along the path than the shallow water. I’m not thinking he went in water. How do we know HE went home? Maybe stopped at Syntax after he picked up his car, parked across the street, something happened and another person parked his car and tossed the keys into the apartment.

That doesn't seem likely. Why would they go back to the apt just to park the car, toss the keys inside but then leave a side door unlocked? Also, lets just say for a moment that did happen, how did the suspect know the apt would be empty, they'd be taking one heck of a chance just to toss some keys inside the apt.

Ok, let's put our noggins together!

His apartment door was found unlocked with his keys inside, and his car was parked there.. So the theory that he got lost after he left the club and didn't make it home doesn't seem to be a possibility.

His phone last pinged around the time he left the club at 12:53, right? Maybe the battery ran down? Maybe that's one of the reasons he left? He was probably on it a lot that night. That Instagram post was posted from Syntax - the last place he was seen.

It seems like he made it home. But did he attempt to go back out again?
Did someone follow him? We haven't heard about what the apartment looked like inside, have we? Any signs of struggle, any signs of a crime being committed? Was someone waiting for him to get home and they confronted him? I'm wondering what the apartments look like. Did neighbors hear anything? SOMETHING IS NOT ADDING UP!

What are your theories, sleuthers??

BBM.

I'd say no based on LE's no foul play comment.

He may have meant he felt like he was being stalked or watched that night. I have had this happen to me at a gay bar as well. Dude tried flirting and all that at one bar, I made it obvious I wasn't interested. I moved on to another bar and the dude was at that one as well, again tried to pick me up, declined again, when I left that bar to go to the dance club a block away I was walking and my friend told me to look across the street. There was creepy guy, he was walking down the other side of the road just staring at me. I made it into the club, figuring I'd be safe, lots of people and I was with a friend. Nope, no dice. I was on the dance floor and creepy comes up behind me on the floor and starts rubbing and grinding into me. I freaked out and ran away, about 20 min later when I was walking back to my car, I noticed that creep was following me yet again, I ducked into the lesbian bar, told the bouncer what was up and she and 4 of the ladies from the bar walked with me to my car. Scariest freakin night of my life.

I am glad to read nothing happened to you! That must have been terrifying! did you report this creep to the police? just to make sure he does not try that again; he sounds like a really dangerous person. Should be locked up, not on the loose on the streets.

As for a theory.

Since his keys and car were located at his apt I think it's safe to say he made it home from Syntax. It wouldn't make sense for him to drive home from Charlies, park, go into his apt just to leave his keys behind and then walk to Syntax. I would never leave my keys behind at my home and leave an unlocked door just to walk a half mile to a bar, I don't think anyone would do that, esp not in a city. No, I think he made it home from Syntax, put his keys down and maybe decided to step outside for whatever reason.

If he was getting on gay dating apps I don't think they had anything to do with him disappearing. We gay men, esp the younger ones, tend to be quite careful when using the apps because of the threats involved. It's not uncommon, esp in larger cities, for homophobes or gang members to pose on those apps for the purposes of meeting up with a guy to assault him and rob him. Also, using a bit of social profiling, Adam doesn't fit the type that would fall victim to that sort of set-up, in fact I have my doubts that he may have been using those apps for the purposes of cruising. If anything he was seeking out a relationship or friends but not random hook-ups.

Something to consider- Were the keys at his apartment both his car keys AND apartment keys? I usually take my car keys off of my ring before I go out and leave them at home. Any word on a spare set? May not be that important, unless it is proof he did/did not make it home-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back