Found Deceased CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am glad to read nothing happened to you! That must have been terrifying! did you report this creep to the police? just to make sure he does not try that again; he sounds like a really dangerous person. Should be locked up, not on the loose on the streets.

Thank you. It really took me aback, the whole experience. I'm not a little guy, not exactly huge but not little, I always figured I had my size to protect me, that taught me even a big guy like myself could potentially be a victim. Sadly, I didn't report it to police. I figured they wouldn't take me seriously, in my head I told myself I was a guy and things like that shouldn't happen to guys and if they do you gotta buck up, be a man and deal with it. I never did see the guy again, thank goodness.

Something to consider- Were the keys at his apartment both his car keys AND apartment keys? I usually take my car keys off of my ring before I go out and leave them at home. Any word on a spare set? May not be that important, unless it is proof he did/did not make it home-

That's a good question. I wish I knew the answer because that could explain the key situation. That unlocked side door is bugging me though. I can't think of a reason to keep that unlocked unless you're just temporarily stepping out. I wonder if maybe he was meeting up with someone outside of his home. Hmm...here's a speculation, kinda out there but I could see it happening:

He gets home but someone has followed him. After he steps into the apt and shuts the door creepo knocks, wants to talk, so Adam, not wanting someone stranger in his apt steps out to politely decline, creepo doesn't take that too well and he bashes him, carries his back to his car or some other place and dumps him. That would potentially explain the unlocked door.

Also, this may be a crazy thought, but lets go with the theory that he never made it home.... Security footage show him going across Broadway, in the opposite direction of home. Directly across the street, there is an abandoned K-Mart building (tenant went dark in April-ish). Any word on if they have checked out that area? Obviously not trying to speculate on his reasons/motivations for begin there, but is is possible something could have happened to him there? I live in the same neighborhood, and have been in the same shopping center late at night (has a Safeway open late) and the old K-Mart building is very dark/abandoned looking...

The side door doesn't make sense to me either... When I was in college, we had a main door we locked, and a side door we kept unlocked so we didn't have to bring out keys out when we left, so as not to lose them, albeit, his movements throughout the night don't really signal to me that he was intending to go out hard all night. Maybe the side door was just something he kept open at all times (maybe hard to access, hidden, etc.) that he felt comfortable leaving open.

As I stated in another post, I live in the same neighborhood, and have left my front door unlocked (though there is a security gate for the entire building). It feels like a very safe neighborhood.

Again, touching on his phone usage/alcohol consumption- seems to me like he was trying to meet up with someone all night. Went to Charlies (by himself?) and left rather quickly (tell me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember reading that somewhere), told the lyft driver he was hassled (again, without hearing the full statement from the driver, hard to know if begin hassled was the reason he left, or just something that happened while he was there). If the timeline is correct, he obviously didn't drink too much at Charlie's, since he drove home. So, maybe he was trying to meet someone at Charlie's, they weren't able to meet up, and decided to meet at Syntax instead. He got one drink, was on his phone the entire time, and then left Syntax- Maybe to meet at an additional location? Doesn't seem to me like he was out at the bar to party, rather to meet up with someone...

Also, this may be a crazy thought, but lets go with the theory that he never made it home.... Security footage show him going across Broadway, in the opposite direction of home. Directly across the street, there is an abandoned K-Mart building (tenant went dark in April-ish). Any word on if they have checked out that area? Obviously not trying to speculate on his reasons/motivations for begin there, but is is possible something could have happened to him there? I live in the same neighborhood, and have been in the same shopping center late at night (has a Safeway open late) and the old K-Mart building is very dark/abandoned looking...
Interesting about the Safeway. Maybe he needed something from the store before heading home.

Also, does anyone know what he said when he lit the candle in Syntax? That really concerned the family.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would think Adam being into yoga and wearing the om necklace might make him a spiritual guy...so blowing out that candle might mean a lot more. The surveillance video at the last bar shows him slumped over slightly while he was posting on instagram... So he may have been very intoxicated or depressed.

Does anyone know more about his spiritual beliefs. Since he was a yogi, he would know some Sanskrit and Buddhist teachings. There is symbolism in blowing out a candle. See below.

"The term nibbāna is derived from a Sanskrit root vā, meaning to blow, as the wind, or to breathe out, by a person. With the addition of the prefix nir, it means “blown out,” as when the fuel keeping the flame going becomes totally exhausted or used up. In a literal sense, nibbāna means the blowing out or extinction of a fire or the flame of a candle. From the Buddhist perspective, this does not mean that the flame is utterly annihilated. It rather persists in an unseen state. According to the predominant classical Sanskrit viewpoint, to blow out a candle is not to destroy the light but is rather to transform its mode of existence from visible to invisible."

Does anyone have any more information about his mental state or beliefs? Do any of his yoga students have any opinions on this? I know that my yoga teachers talk through more than just poses but talk through their beliefs, opinions, how there week is going etc.

Man I remember that Kmart and I’m surprised it lasted through this year! It was shady as hell 15 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, its super shady. Dark parking lot, random cars parking there all night, not to mention its just not a busy area, especially at night.

Maybe I’m crazy but I do think it’s possible he left his keys at the apt and side door unlocked before going to Syntax. Maybe the keys would’ve been cumbersome in his pocket and he liked to travel light or maybe he just worries about losing them. If it’s a safe neighborhood and he’s not the paranoid type, I think that’s definitely possible given the surveillance footage apparently shows him walking in the opposite direction from his home after leaving Syntax.

The going to the bar alone and not speaking to many/any other patrons really makes me think he had plans to meet someone.

On the question of pinging. Here's a rough idea of how it works:

Now, lets say you're not using your phone at all. Lets say you sent or received a text message or phone call and that was it, your phone is now essentially in stand-by, it's waiting to do something. It could take up to 8 hours before your phone will ping a tower again (this time is variable based on carrier, some will send a ping sooner, some even later).

So, with that said. Lets speculate that Adam finished whatever text convo he was having or he shut down whatever app he was using when he left the bar. His phone pinged one last time, if he didn't use his phone again after that ping then the phone would't have sent out another ping for several hours.

Snipped to shorten up post....

I also want to mention that applications such as email are frequently set to check for new email every 5 to 15 minutes. This is set by the user and the phone will register (ping) to a tower each time it polls for new email.

Phones will register to a tower for other reasons as well, but I don’t want to go down that road until we hear more on what LE finds in regards to his phone pings and records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the car has been impounded, there’s a good reason

I think this is just a tool for the investigation/procedure, not necessarily indicative of anything specific at this time, moo.

Thinking about this young man and his family tonight.

:candle:

Thinking about this young man and his family tonight.

:candle:
I am too. I have been checking this thread all day, hoping for a positive update. I hear the weather is taking a cold snowy turn out in Denver. I'm worried sick and I don't even know the guy.

I was thinking outside the box a bit and this is a real long shot but what if he hopped a train? I don't know a lot about Denver but is it possible? Seems there are a lot of tracks in the area.

Was his wallet found at home or is LE assuming he has it? Any clothes missing?

Remember the case where the girl up and left her Starbucks job from one of the airports? They found her days later in a parking garage in a town north of that. She had had it and decided to take off without telling anyone.

The above scenario is not very likely but thought I'd mention it.

I was thinking outside the box a bit and this is a real long shot but what if he hopped a train? I don't know a lot about Denver but is it possible? Seems there are a lot of tracks in the area.

Was his wallet found at home or is LE assuming he has it? Any clothes missing?

Remember the case where the girl up and left her Starbucks job from one of the airports? They found her days later in a parking garage in a town north of that. She had had it and decided to take off without telling anyone.

The above scenario is not very likely but thought I'd mention it.

I remember that case. That was very strange and everyone that knew her swore she’d never do that. She also left her phone behind.

I’m not sure if there’s a train station nearby but I haven’t ruled out Adam being missing voluntarily. The IG video just makes me wonder what was going on in Adam’s head. The fact that he posted that and went missing shortly thereafter is hard for me to brush off as just a coincidence.

I remember that case. That was very strange and everyone that knew her swore she’d never do that. She also left her phone behind.

I’m not sure if there’s a train station nearby but I haven’t ruled out Adam being missing voluntarily. The IG video just makes me wonder what was going on in Adam’s head. The fact that he posted that and went missing shortly thereafter is hard for me to brush off as just a coincidence.

I really think people are looking too much into the video, I don't think it means anything in particular. Remember he has only been in the city for 4 months if I remember correctly, maybe he was just missing his loved ones. I'm still puzzle by the keys, the car and the door unlocked in his apartment. All mo of course

The light rail is nearby so that's a possibility - that could take him out to the burbs or the airport.

But - Denver is a city you drive in when you have car. Distances are wide and public transportation is pretty spotty that late at night.

Scenarios for leaving a car at home in Denver would be:
-already drunk
--going downtown and not wanting to deal with parking
-going somewhere to drink more/do drugs
-getting a ride with someone else
-going somewhere within walking distance

In these scenarios we would have seen another Lyft transaction. He never used a second lyft, as far as we know.

I think Adam headed north on Broadway out of syntax to get to his car that he had parked nearby or across the street in the lot. I'm on the fence about whether he brought his car home and then left again or if someone else brought his car home for him.

Side door being unlocked is not right though. People lock their doors in Denver - unless they are literally visiting a neighbor or running out to their garage. Lots of transients and break-ins nowadays. One could say that his neighborhood as well as south broadway are in "transition" - so him leaving home so late at night and leaving the door unlocked doesn't make sense AT ALL if he's going out to do some after-hours stuff.

My opinions, of course.

I just keep replaying his IG video in my mind.... where he says "I love you guys" and blows out the candle. It seems so metaphorical....and like a goodbye.....IMOO. Makes me sad looking at it again. What a beautiful smile he has. Hoping for his family this is going to end with him coming home safe!

I agree about the instagram being very eerie. I know people are saying it’s being read too deep, but I disagree.

The light rail is nearby so that's a possibility - that could take him out to the burbs or the airport.

But - Denver is a city you drive in when you have car. Distances are wide and public transportation is pretty spotty that late at night.

Scenarios for leaving a car at home in Denver would be:
-already drunk
--going downtown and not wanting to deal with parking
-going somewhere to drink more/do drugs
-getting a ride with someone else
-going somewhere within walking distance

In these scenarios we would have seen another Lyft transaction. He never used a second lyft, as far as we know.

I think Adam headed north on Broadway out of syntax to get to his car that he had parked nearby or across the street in the lot. I'm on the fence about whether he brought his car home and then left again or if someone else brought his car home for him.

Side door being unlocked is not right though. People lock their doors in Denver - unless they are literally visiting a neighbor or running out to their garage. Lots of transients and break-ins nowadays. One could say that his neighborhood as well as south broadway are in "transition" - so him leaving home so late at night and leaving the door unlocked doesn't make sense AT ALL if he's going out to do some after-hours stuff.

My opinions, of course.
What prove do you have that AG was doing drugs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back