CO - Civil Rape Trial of Kobe Bryant (Charges Dropped)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kobe back in Colorado this morning for closed door hearings - one on whether to allow live cameras for trial (sure that will be a big no) and allowing text messages

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_BRYANT_CASE?SITE=MSJAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The attorney for the woman accusing NBA star Kobe Bryant of rape on Monday urged the judge to stop posting court documents on the Web, saying she and her family are concerned about her safety.

In the first of three hearings scheduled before the Aug. 27 trial, attorney John Clune said mistakes by court staff have put his client in danger. He cited the inadvertent posting of her name in an online document earlier this year and the accidental e-mail of closed-door hearing details to a handful of news organizations last month.

The gaffes have destroyed the faith the woman and her parents had in the justice system, Clune said.........."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040723/us_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc_6

Key evidence about the sexual activity of a Colorado woman who accuses basketball star Kobe Bryant (news) of raping her will be admitted at his upcoming trial, a judge ruled on Friday, handing a big victory to his defense

The evidence to be admitted at trial concerns any sexual relations the then-19-year-old woman had two days before and hours after she said she was raped at a Colorado spa"

I wonder what this ruling does to the case?

I think it's a big win for Kobe for sure! Her activities will 'taint' the jury I suspect...

Newswolf said:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040723/us_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc_6

Key evidence about the sexual activity of a Colorado woman who accuses basketball star Kobe Bryant (news) of raping her will be admitted at his upcoming trial, a judge ruled on Friday, handing a big victory to his defense

The evidence to be admitted at trial concerns any sexual relations the then-19-year-old woman had two days before and hours after she said she was raped at a Colorado spa"

I wonder what this ruling does to the case?
I totally disagree with this judge's ruling. If he is admitting the sexual activities of this girl 72 hrs. before her encounter with Kobe, then they should line up all those partners along with Kobe, strip them naked and measure their male parts! If defense is saying these other partners could have caused her injuries, then it seems to me that their respective size may matter!

However, I do agree that her sexual activity in the hours after this alleged rape do matter. If she were injured by Kobe, then I find it very unlikely that she would want sex while still injured.

I agree with you Pepper..............BEFORE Kobe is irrelevant but AFTER is.

It doesnt matter if she had sex with 100 drunk sailors that night as long as it was before K.B.
Im really surprised at the Judge's ruling(I was pretty confident her behavior AFTER would be asmissable because he allowed in the text messages etc) but Im surprised at her prior "acts"(even if it is only for 48 hours beforehand) being allowed as evidence.
I hope this doesnt set a precedent for other cases!!!!!!!!

messiecake said:

It doesnt matter if she had sex with 100 drunk sailors that night as long as it was before K.B.
Im really surprised at the Judge's ruling(I was pretty confident her behavior AFTER would be asmissable because he allowed in the text messages etc) but Im surprised at her prior "acts"(even if it is only for 48 hours beforehand) being allowed as evidence.
From what Dan Abrams said this morning, the 72 hrs prior to incident relates to her credibility--apparently she was asked last time she had sex before and she said several days or something, meaning that if they show she did during those 72 hours, would show she was lying

messiecake said:

From what Dan Abrams said this morning, the hours before incident is to verify her credibility--apparently she said she did not have sex within so many days before, and if they can show she did, then she lied

Shes lied about ALOT!!!!!!

I totally forgot about her story that she had only had sex,with a condom,a few days(a week?) prior!!! Then that TOTALLY should be admissable!!!!!!!!!!!

With all this being allowed in the Pros dont have a chance in hell of winning,imo,at best theyre looking at a hung jury.

messiecake said:
Shes lied about ALOT!!!!!!

I totally forgot about her story that she had only had sex,with a condom,a few days(a week?) prior!!! Then that TOTALLY should be admissable!!!!!!!!!!!

With all this being allowed in the Pros dont have a chance in hell of winning,imo,at best theyre looking at a hung jury.

Well, unless it comes down to her word against apparent witnesses who will say otherwise (sure they must have some or judge wouldn't have allowed pre-sex info to be allowed) - then who will jury believe. If she lied, then think she did also with prosecutor who said they were confident she was telling the truth about her sexual behavior prior to the incident. Just wish this was going to be televised - what did the judge rule on cameras in courtroom - no, I guess, but hadn't heard for sure.

What?? documents revealing accusor's identity accidentally released again, third time I believe. Either judge's helpers are the most inept in history, or these are not "accidental" disclosures - I tend to think the latter.

peggy said:
What?? documents revealing accusor's identity accidentally released again, third time I believe. Either judge's helpers are the most inept in history, or these are not "accidental" disclosures - I tend to think the latter.

This judge have proven his bias and incompetance in this case over and over. He is useless and if not a rapist himeself he is certainly an apologist. He should be removed not only from the case but from practicing law in any way shape or form/

peggy said:
From what Dan Abrams said this morning, the hours before incident is to verify her credibility--apparently she said she did not have sex within so many days before, and if they can show she did, then she lied

It is OK to lie just ask Mr Clinton, Scott Peterson or any variety of their defenders. :doh:

But then again this is all heresay, probably promoted by the kobe spin team which should be renamed the "let's rape her again team".

Has anyone read "I Am the Central Park Jogger"? In this book by Trisha Meili it came out at trial that evidence of her boyfriend's semen was found during her rape exam after the attack on her in Central Park. She had not had sex with her boyfriend for 3 days prior to the attack, what she had done was worn jogging pants that had been laundered, but still contained traces of her boyfriend's semen. Think about it. Kobe is tested and evidence of only he and the AV is found. The AV is tested and traces of another man's semen is found - wasn't there a story about her putting on unlaundered panties? Which could be where the semen came from. The semen evidence from the boyfriend of the victim in the Central Park case was admitted in Court as having been transferred from the jogging pants.

What really disgusts me about this case is that Kobe had unprotected sex with the AV, a complete stranger, and then went home to his wife and, quite possibly before the story came out, risked exposing his wife to whatever he could have picked up from a stranger. At the very least, a yeast or bacteria infection. Not that there is any evidence of it, but he potentially could have exposed his innocent wife to herpes, an STD or AIDS. I'm just trying to make the point that I find his behavior in the regard so disgusting.

Peace, beatlegirl

Beatlegirl, I have not read that book but if this is correct (see below) I do not believe the pros. has a chance. I don't believe any rape victim would have sex again that soon.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040803/ts_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc_7

"Key DNA evidence shows that the 20-year-old woman who accuses Kobe Bryant (news) of rape had sex with another man in the hours after her encounter with the Los Angeles Lakers star, a defense expert has testified. "

This def. expert says transfer couldn't account for all the evidence.

can't remember where I read this, but the prosecution is bringing high-powered expert from NY who will testify that transfer is possible, so battle of experts coming on I guess..

oh, oh . . new witness, from FL, I think who will testify that she had non-consentual sex with Kobe - defense said they were going to put Kobe on stand, but maybe not now, then something about Shaq may be witness?? All this from local TV news this evening...

peggy said:
oh, oh . . new witness, from FL, I think who will testify that she had non-consentual sex with Kobe - defense said they were going to put Kobe on stand, but maybe not now, then something about Shaq may be witness?? All this from local TV news this evening...
I don't have a link, just heard on the radio that this women was at a Laker's dinner party hosted by Shaq in his home. Kobe had asked her to bring a drink to him outside, and when she did, he cornered her and grabbed her 'private parts'. She then called her Mother from Shaq's home. That's all I heard.....:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04
Back