Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3
Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7
Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11[/COLOR] Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
Thread #22 Thread #23
Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

It is against Websleuths TOS to be rude toward or personalize against members, whether individually or collectively.

Differing opinions are welcome at WS, but they should be based on some known fact from MSM or LE rather than simply making accusations (whether against members, neighbours, or LE) with no facts to substantiate.

Please do not name call or ridicule members for strongly anticipating a negative outcome in this case when, after 7,000 investigative hours, there is still no sign of Gannon being alive. Websleuths members have a lot of collective wisdom, knowledge and experience in these types of scenarios. Common sense tell members that Dan May does not show up for a runaway kid, LE does not have crime lab techs going through a house or LE digging endlessly through snowbanks if they think, or are wanting the public to think, they are looking for a live runaway.

Thanks.

Nothing to add....I just need to say...

Though we were all (almost) certain that this would be the outcome & are mightily relieved to see this woman charged/arrested....

........it still sends chills through me, to read the words “Gannon Stauch has been pronounced dead

However saddened, shocked, jaded I become following similar case after case, I seem to retain a subconscious hope, that the missing child, will be returned to their loving family, alive....and with a story to tell.

It’s like a punch in the gut to read the words ‘pronounced dead’......and today I am deeply saddened, shocked & depressed that one human being can do this to another.

I cannot even bear to think about, or imagine, his parents’ & sister’s grief.

All I can think about is the joy & overwhelming love I felt, when I first held my newborn son....and know that these parents must have felt the same, when they first set eyes on Gannon.

And now such grief & sadness...

I've silently joined this journey with all of you since Gannon was reported a <ahem> "runaway." My own grandkids are living a rollercoaster life. They have a good CPS worker so we have that on our side. This case became almost an obsession because of that. Gannon has taken a huge piece of my heart. I think about his family and their pain and strength. I just don't get it. Sending all of you hugs.... Sometimes we need them, too, even when following from afar.

This was my reaction too. Landon must be a really nice person

Absolutely!, and more than likely the reason that TS wanted to destroy her and take over her life,in her house with her husband and her children,and yet still Landen didn't break,I can just imagine the anger that caused TS.
We all saw and heard her still trying to crush Landens spirit,even after she had permanently taken away one of the most precious people in her life:(

Please read The Rules.

Part of Websleuths 101 folks !!

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Please read The Rules.

Part of Websleuths 101 folks !!

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Thank you SillyBilly! Much appreciated!

I wonder if she managed to get her teaching licenses by lying about her criminal history via omission. If she didn't disclose her maiden name/aliases or convictions on her application, she may have flown under their radar.

Maybe.

But fingerprints are required. And to get a license, copies of transcripts, and those likely contained different names (esp her undergrad one.) I was surprised she was licensed by two states but upon reflection, I'm not.

If what I'm looking at now is correct re: her criminal record, it's pretty minor. Gannon Stauch stepmom previously arrested for battery, domestic abuse and theft

Ignoring the headline, it sounds like her only conviction as an adult was for stealing a car. That was a felony but somehow it was reduced to a misdemeanor. (?) A bunch of other charges were dropped. Some traffic charges were paid with fines in Virginia. And it looks like the most recent stuff--the DV charge-- was dropped too.

I don't think for a teaching license charges without convictions would be a problem. And really, they shouldn't be. There are bad apples who might pursue bogus charges and besides, "innocent until proven guilty" would be the rule vs "where there's smoke there's fire." Especially since none of the charges related to children. JMO

The arrest warrant was signed by the judge after 5 p.m. on Friday, February 28th. So at that point, the investigators knew he was dead. Date of all 4 charge offenses are listed as 1/27/20 (including tampering with a corpse).

She didn't rent the car until the morning of the 28th of January.

I wonder if she really rented the car to flee the area (guilt of conscious) sort of thing.

Last edited:
The arrest warrant was signed by the judge after 5 p.m. on Friday, February 28th. So at that point, the investigators knew he was dead. Date of all 4 charge offenses are listed as 1/27/20 (including tampering with a corpse).

She didn't rent the car until the morning of the 28th of February.

I wonder if she really rented the car to flee the area (guilt of conscious) sort of thing.
That's what I think too.. maybe has a boyfriend... something..but I reckon a lot of forensic evidence must have been obtained from the red truck, even if the story about the 2x4 with blood is incorrect because that is the last vehicle he traveled in, that we know of. She also needed to hide it from Al, I imagine.
I'm surprised she didn't send it for valeting.. though one of the charges relates to covering evidence or obscuring evidence of a crime,, sleepless and words are leaving me...
I wonder again what else she was involved in?

I'm a little sketchy about the Apple watch though because since she didn't have her cell for the connectivity I'm not sure if it will record her gps trail. I didn't think they would without having the accompanied phone?
There is a member here, who is an apple Tech person, who explained that there would still be a lot of info in the watch, even without the phone nearby. I hope it is true.

How far east would the 900 plus miles take her? Do you suppose a family member drove out and met her to take her back to South Carolina? Perhaps that is why the turn in location for the rental car is blacked out. Like meeting half way. MOO MOO

The distance from Colorado Springs to St. Louis is 842 miles.

Last edited:
I don't think that is possible. She leased the car from Tues 28th to Wed 29th. Her first TV media interview was at Lorson's Ranch (Colorado Springs) on Fri Jan 31st. So the earliest she could have left for South Carolina is Friday evening.

One of the neighbors said in a phone interview that Friday morning when she (and presumably the daughter) moved out. Of her own accord. We only have TS's word for it that she was kicked out. and I wouldn't believe her if she said sky was blue on a sunny day.

Note that RD reportedly reviewed his surveillance footage late Sat 1st Feb, and showed AS and law enforcement Sun morning.

We simply must help her to find her child.
She gave him to us,to all who care about him.
Even if only a single bone of his body can be located, she needs that.
He is off some track off the route she traveled.
There's only so many tracks, they're not infinite.
Some will lead to water, some will lead to heights.
She took the truck for a reason.
The reason may be terrain.
I know the entire FBI and LE and everybody is on it, but the more heads the better.
Maybe a local person knows of a hole or something that is not easily recognized from whatever geographical maps exist..
Gannon is out there.
Please #FindGannon

It would be interesting to know how much of her very own hateful and self serving (didn't work!) words have added to her arrest !!
Lets find Gannon today *advertiser censored*
the sheer arrogance of 'everyone especially my husband will owe me an apology when gannon comes back!"
we have never seen anything like it.:oops:

somebody suggested a thread or two ago tecia has a comfortability with awkward outsider-ness.
being on the out is normal. bunkered down self preservation her thing!
a compulsion for grandeur and entitlement feeding a likely lifetime of deceit and win at any cost.

her wrap sheet tells us she thrives on drama.o_O she has talked her way out of (less serious ) raps before.
what a dangerous explosive excuse for a human being.:mad:

lets all pray now god keeps her locked up for life

moo

Are we allowed to talk about the carpet and candle yet? I’ve seen references to it in other postings today but since it came from a video on FB, I thought we were gonna get a time out in WS jail for a week if we talked about it.

Catching up so probably already addressed but,it came from TS herself on fb which I believe makes it fair game?, I could be wrong but that is my understanding of the rules IMO

I don't think that is possible. She leased the car from Tues 28th to Wed 29th. Her first TV media interview was at Lorson's Ranch (Colorado Springs) on Fri Jan 31st. So the earliest she could have left for South Carolina is Friday evening.

One of the neighbors said in a phone interview that Friday morning when she (and presumably the daughter) moved out. Of her own accord. We only have TS's word for it that she was kicked out. and I wouldn't believe her if she said sky was blue on a sunny day.

Note that RD reportedly reviewed his surveillance footage late Sat 1st Feb, and showed AS and law enforcement Sun morning.
I see that now. Thanks

It states on the charge sheet that all charges are for the 27th
When Ive watched trials the judge sometimes says 'on or around the (date)
Could that be the case here..??
I'm wondering because I'm still thinking she may have used the rental to relocate his body, otherwise I'd have thought they would have found Gannon by now..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member