Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not basing that observation on records but on who she communicated and associated with publicly on her numerous social media accounts. I started digging the night he went missing. So noticed the pattern. I thought she was native until the white label based on her appearance.

I have seen no Hispanics mentioned, but there are a couple of public records from the past where TS is listed as Native American. But she's mostly listed as white, probably because she's both. She may alternate use of terms in order to further confuse her public records.

Her relatives with public records are often recorded as "White" as well.

I'm not sure why it matters, except that of course, criminal defendants can try to obscure their identities by using more than one label. I'm mixed race myself, but learned long ago it's better to go with a label that helps explain how I look, especially if going for military clearance or a LE job.

The problem is that for every case of real abuse there are several more accusations with nothing behind it. So now they're going hard on spouses that make accusations without ENOUGH witnesses and ENOUGH backing evidence. If you're being abused and controlled, where do you hide the evidence until your escape? It's a catch 22 for a lot of families.

Do you have any sort of source for that statement? Any thing to back that up at all? It seems to me it's the opposite, and my scan of the academic literature disagrees with you.

Where I live, it's really easy to get your spouse arrested for abuse, no witnesses required (and if LE sees a reason to arrest a party, they don't even need the other party's witness testimony). That's becoming common across the US.

Many of us learned to hide evidence in the cloud, but my own research with abused women shows that they have many, many different ways of making notes, of letting friends know as it happens, of documenting injuries etc.

Anyway, all it takes is a visit to the ER where I live, with some injury, to get the abusing spouse into real trouble. Non-physical abuse is a different matter. But unless the person is literally locked inside their house, there are ways of documenting (talking to friends is a major one).

She really really didn't like Gannon.
snipped by me because I don’t know how to highlight what I wanted to focus on. Sorry.

Maybe she didn’t like Gannon because he was a boy? Her only child was a girl. Older than Gannon so I’m thinking that’s what she was use to. Some people prefer girls to raise, others prefer boys to raise.

Perhaps she just didn’t like boys so everything poor Gannon did was wrong to her and annoyed her?

PS, In no way am I victim blaming, I’m stating a possibility of what TS might have thought or felt. JMO

Do you have any sort of source for that statement? Any thing to back that up at all? It seems to me it's the opposite, and my scan of the academic literature disagrees with you.

Where I live, it's really easy to get your spouse arrested for abuse, no witnesses required (and if LE sees a reason to arrest a party, they don't even need the other party's witness testimony). That's becoming common across the US.

Many of us learned to hide evidence in the cloud, but my own research with abused women shows that they have many, many different ways of making notes, of letting friends know as it happens, of documenting injuries etc.

Anyway, all it takes is a visit to the ER where I live, with some injury, to get the abusing spouse into real trouble. Non-physical abuse is a different matter. But unless the person is literally locked inside their house, there are ways of documenting (talking to friends is a major one).
It's MOO from personal experience. Take what you want. Leave what you don't MOO

Edit to add. This was not long after Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered and her tapes calling police for help and she didn't get help. Once you learn the police where you live are not going to help you and you have been isolated from friends and family, you are little more than a hostage. I believe I am here by the Grace of God only. I tried getting a restraining order but he had friends and family that he had 'groomed' for a long time to believe things that weren't true.

another add: This is about abuse in general and how difficult it is for victims and their advocates to get help and to escape the situation ESPECIALLY when children are involved.

Last edited:
Maybe she was a decent step mother, caring for the 2 steps/1 bio kids, and she pushed/hit him in the wrong way, he got hurt, and eventually died. Maybe she saw the possibility of the home going up in fire and really freaked out (or some other major trigger). That would be Occam's simplest solution. Didn't she say she helped AS get custody by going to court many times? (insert big story we can't talk about ie the "whys"). Two years is a long time without other children telling tales. JMO, but I don't think her actions in the case of Gannon have to be "supported" or "justified" or "predicted" by some long period of stepmom abuse. I think it will turn out not to be premeditated, at least over a period of time, (because there are too many loose ends) and the result of some over reaction she had in pushing or hitting him. (BTW I have a bunch of wicked stepmother tales of my own, it's not all black and white between step relatives and I see that only now that I am old).
A wise man once told me, "A person's true character reveals when a mistake they made is pointed out or brought to their attention."

Most parents can admit to a moment when their child's behavior pushed them beyond their limit. Parents are human beings.

What frosts me at the core, is the character that was revealed after she lost her temper and injured Gannon. It is at that moment that her true character was revealed and her mask slipped then she led him to his execution. The horror beneath her mask was there the whole time.

The evil is not that she lost her temper and struck Gannon, its in the character that was revealed after her mistake was brought to her attention.

I have seen no Hispanics mentioned, but there are a couple of public records from the past where TS is listed as Native American. But she's mostly listed as white, probably because she's both. She may alternate use of terms in order to further confuse her public records.

<modsnip: Friends/Relatives are off limits for discussion>

I'm not sure why it matters, except that of course, criminal defendants can try to obscure their identities by using more than one label. I'm mixed race myself, but learned long ago it's better to go with a label that helps explain how I look, especially if going for military clearance or a LE job.

I agree. My husband is Hispanic and he usually puts down white, and my kids do same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We live in a society that rewards emotional abusers. I've met really good LEOs, Judges, social workers along the way but they were all exceptions. I'm thankful for the righteous souls who work in the system or none of us would ever see justice. Physical abuse needs to be redefined.

PTSD is a physiological brain injury detectable by imaging scans that shrinks the grey matter and cuts deep grooves into severing otherwise healthy receptors resulting in nervous system disorders which control our body like a main computer. Auto immune disease is directly related to emotional abuse in medical studies.

The system failed our family in an extreme way. All that hasn't happened yet is a death. Every day in fear of him having an episode. My child was hospitalized within the last month again under his care for a preventable reason. But 6x isn't enough for them.

Do I worry all the time? So much that for years I was paralyzed awake at night with uncontrollable grief or seizures. I fully understand the terror Landen has already experienced that the world has only caught a momentary glimpse of. I'm not saying authorities or family or society failed her and Gannon. I'm saying we're seeing the result of ignoring signs of abuse and can educate ourselves and step in to protect mothers and children. They need advocates. We need advocates before another hashtag happens.
Let’s protect fathers too. People like LS don’t exclude any family member, and in fact target their supply very specifically. We just don’t see men as victims in our society.

Her relatives with public records are often recorded as "White" as well.

I really think it depends on the choices of boxes you can check when filling out a form. I ran into that plenty of times.

White (non-Hispanic)
Hispanic (non-White)

Which box do you check when you are half of one, half of the other?

Well that’s correct, but abuse doesn’t necessarily mean planned murder. The death can result from it, but the abuse doesn’t necessarily need to have the intention of death. I think, if that’s the scenario, the abuse led to critical injuries, but the first degree murder charge is likely because she decided to end his life rather than get him help. That decision was the turning part for the murder charge/premeditation, vs the abuse IMO. Basically, I don’t believe he died as a direct result of the abuse. I think something else happened on top of it, the next day, that ended his life. I don’t think she planned on her abuse critically injuring him, and I think that’s where the “accident” terminology is coming from.

The thinking behind first degree murder for child abuse resulting in death, is that any adult caregiver knows that physical child abuse can lead to death.

There is no way to mitigate that.

T is going down.

I agree, TS was too reactive for Gannons death to be planned in advance.

Although, there's a certain type of person who thinks frequently about what would happen if they hurt or killed someone. They think about how to handle different consequences in their imaginations, just in case. One rapist I interviewed had thought intensely about how he might go about raping someone for years before he did it. The "right" situation came up and he acted exactly as he had thought, in his head. He didn't intend to do it that night, but the "stars were in his favor" kind of thinking allowed him to flawlessly execute his crime (he was not arrested for that crime, it was the first in a series of 11 rapes).

Suspects in jail may regard their longer term thinking (about criminal violence) as casual, but in fact, when they actually go to act out, they use many of the procedures and plans they imagined when they were po'ed at people in the past. So, a person who thinks about workplace violence is more likely to commit it (IMO) and a person who fantasizes the proper way to kill a spouse...is more likely to do it. There was that one doctor who killed two wives pushing them off trail at Grand Canyon, it was only after he did it twice that LE caught onto him. But I truly believe that when he pushed the first one off, he had only merely "thought about" such an evil deed. His plans were partly pre-thought and partly spontaneous. But certainly not completely spontaneous. He says he was not thinking about killing her when he planned the trip (but who knows?)

Well that’s correct, but abuse doesn’t necessarily mean planned murder. The death can result from it, but the abuse doesn’t necessarily need to have the intention of death. I think, if that’s the scenario, the abuse led to critical injuries, but the first degree murder charge is likely because she decided to end his life rather than get him help. That decision was the turning part for the murder charge/premeditation, vs the abuse IMO. Basically, I don’t believe he died as a direct result of the abuse. I think something else happened on top of it, the next day, that ended his life. I don’t think she planned on her abuse critically injuring him, and I think that’s where the “accident” terminology is coming from.

The thinking behind first degree murder for child abuse resulting in death, is that any adult caregiver knows that physical child abuse can lead to death.

There is no way to mitigate that.

T is going down.

She probably uses Tee bc she ran out of aliases. First Letecia, then Tecia, then Tee. What next? The killer formerly known as T.
The use of different names, spellings, initials, and nicknames all add to her vague-soup of plausible deniability, ie: "No I'm not Leticia Lynn, I'm Tecia Leann, so you see, huh huh, Burger King, duh!"

Same probably applies to her vagueness regarding ethnicity, height, weight, addresses, SSN, etc... "oh silly me, my social starts with 082, not 028, sorry, my bad... can I go now please? There's a sale going on at the Poughkeepsiee PetSmart."

Yeah but if brain fluid is leaking from your head, you are not walking to the car so there has to be an injury at home with saucer sized blood pool in his bedroom and blood in the garage that wasnt severe enough to stop him from walking, made her confident enough that he could be seen in public even just by a neighbor or if she got pulled over, and then she injured him a 3rd time but fatally in an outdoor location and something like brain matter was found.

I think that sounds too convoluted to be true. There are too many things going on in that scenario and I think the simplest explanation is most likely. She got pissed on Sunday about something. She resents having to take care of Als kids. She flies off the handle and Gannon gets mortally wounded and dies at home leaving a large puddle of blood in his bedroom.

I’m in the camp that interprets LE not disputing RDs video as that the video is correct in showing Gannon leaving with TS and not returning.

I believe she hurt him to a serious degree, although I’m not sure whether to believe she injured him badly enough that he would die at some point from those injuries alone. The more I have witnessed of her behavior and listened to her own words leads me to believe she may have taken his life to cover up the injuries she inflicted on him even though they may not have been life-threatening. I simply believe she is that evil. She walked that dear child to the truck and took him to his death.

Partly I base my thinking of injury in the home but taking his life during that 4 hour trip on the other charge against her: child abuse leading to death. A small puddle of blood in the home along with other areas of blood that may have been smaller or even just droplets wouldn’t seem to be enough to indicate death. My thinking on that is this, in my dear mom’s case, the first crime scene had a puddle of blood and a long trail of blood which she spread herself as she ran in an attempt to escape. While I believe she was obviously injured, I don’t believe she died in that first area we found.

I would love more than anything to be wrong on all accounts and that Gannon’s death would be proven to be as humane as possible because the facts his parents will have to face will be nearly soul-destroying.

Having said that, I see an incredible LE team who likely have conducted a flawless investigation and will not be wrong on any count.

JMO

Praying daily for the Stauch family.

Oh thats a good point. At some point they would get it back from her in theory via restitution. I used that service for a broken window, locks, and some other things. That person didnt go to jail for life though so Im sure he was more likely to repay it than TS. It might not even be AS that has to file since the landlord is a victim too.
I used it once a long time ago. I got in between my sister and my ex-bil (he’s dead now so...) to protect her one night. He grabbed my arm, jerked it and held onto it so tight before 911 got there. The next day I woke up and my entire arm was ice cold and solid blue. They had to operate on my carotid artery to get my blood to flow. Long story -whatever-he was an *advertiser censored*h*. Back on point: all I wanted was my hospital, doctor bills and ambulance paid for. They made sure that happened. He had to also take anger management sessions and be on probation. I don’t know whatever happened except I quit getting all the bills. She divorced him so who knows? who cares? Victim’s assistance and advocates were so helpful and did all the work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow