Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he succumbed to injuries from the previous night's abuse, I think it would still be murder. The abuse wouldn't be an accident and it led to his death. Then she covered it up. I think it's a possibility that there may not be an actual murder weapon other than what she used to cause the initial injury. I've thought about the dumping him somewhere severely injured, but still alive and maybe that's why she kept saying he was coming home. I don't like those thoughts at all. I really believe he died inside that pickup. Then she hid his body. I'm about 50/50 on whether the rental car was used to move him again. She lies so much it's hard to guess at how she thinks. We can't think like her and I'm so glad about that. All jmo.
BBM
@AnnaGrace And when tS said it, she sounded convincing. My reason for thinking that Gannon did not die in the truck is that the scent would be picked up by the dogs.

Seems feasible/logical to me. So why the rental?

Because she realized she had a murder weapon in the house She needed to dispose of the board she hit him with. I can think of no other reason for her to dump it in the woods than that it was the murder weapon.

She thinks she's being clever. We've all seen these criminal cases where the murderer thinks that as long as there is "reasonable doubt" they will get away with it. So that's why they always have a "story" to explain away evidence.

Ex. Since AS was coming back the next day she had a "reason" why she went to the airport. Then she rented a car and her "reason" was that she wanted to go look for Gannon and didn't want him to run away if he recognized her vehicle. She thinks she's so clever here

Truth is she got back to the house and realized the murder weapon is in the house IMO she puts the board in the truck before she calls the police. Hidden of course.
She doesn't expect an unmarked police car to sit in front of her house all day. Probably figured they'd tell her to wait 24 hours because he's a "runaway" especially after she planted the google search of "can my parents find me if my phone is turned off" on his phone.

Now she's stuck. She knows the cops will follow the vehicle and she knows it's only a matter of time until they search the truck. So she drives to the airport and rents a rental car and puts the board in the rental car and uses that to dispose of the board.

Only LE figures out the rental car and uses the GPS to figure out where she went. (Even though she tried to cover her tracks by driving all over he place) They find the board and the jig is up because she was just there. Now she has a "story" about boards flying out of the back of truck.

By then LE had found the pool of blood in the bedroom. LS is hiding a board with his blood on it in the woods. That's when they knew he was dead and she killed him and they arrested her.

ALL MOO of course.

Ah,"sports equipment" knowing that she and AS play softball takes me back to a bat,I dont want to think about a bat :(
Ita.
Not to mention his blood on the woodworking tools and on other places where they shouldn't be !

But I can see <modsnip: Derogatory terms or name changes are a violation of TOS> using such a implement on poor Gannon.
The only bright spot in all of this and it's a small one --is that hopefully TS will discover there are even more evil monsters than herself behind bars. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who live around the area, what does Queens Canyon look like? Is it a busy area? Appears to be water in the area but are those small lakes, quarries? Are the bodies of water approachable by car? Could this be a potential location?
If I’m thinking correctly, Queen’s Canyon is where the Punch Bowls are located. There is a supposedly short, easy hike up from Glen Eyrie, but access is strictly controlled, even more so now after the Waldo Canyon fire. There is a hike off of Rampart Range Road in to the canyon from the back, but it is steep and long, and probably also choked with debris, although I haven’t been there since before the fire, so I don’t know for sure. I’m gonna say that’s probably not someplace to look.

BBM
@AnnaGrace And when tS said it, she sounded convincing. My reason for thinking that Gannon did not die in the truck is that the scent would be picked up by the dogs.

Curious if all the different fluids would confuse the cadaver dogs. I also think that it happened so fast she thought she'd explain it away with all the other things she said were in the car. (blood, fecal matter, vomit) And I do wonder what is not being shared with us. The fact that LE stated they knew he was dead without the body could indicate that the dogs did hit on the car but they haven't made that information public.

She brought up the supposed trip to Castle Rock for some reason, likely because she was there, and knew LE knew she was there.

I see a few possible theories as to where Gannon's body is.

She put him in a dumpster, and he's now in a landfill somewhere. I think this is highly likely, it's quick, and easy.

She put him in a secluded, wooded area, and covered him up with rocks, brush, etc. This is a lesser likelihood for me as it would not be the most assured in terms of Gannon's disappearance, and with drive time and/or work involved, I think in 'freaked out' haste, it would be too time consuming.

She drove to a spot and threw him off a cliff. Google Earth is a wonderful tool for use in this case, it really gives one a good look at terrain in the area. There are lots of places to go up in the mountains on back country roads, however I see no evidence of her having traveled in any of those directions, the exception being the area to the west of the search area on the 'S' turn on 105.

She dismembered him and placed his body parts in several spots. I find this unlikely as it would be too time consuming, messy, and leave way too much evidence.

So, I go first and foremost with dumpster. Put his body directly in a dumpster on the day she murdered him, OR (more likely in my belief based on the charges in this case) retrieve his body from where she first left it, put it in a heavy duty trash bag, OR some sports bag OR a suitcase of some kind, and throw it in a dumpster. From all observation on my part, she'd be able to do this without much difficulty. It is the quickest, easiest, least evidence producing, method of making her problem disappear.

Second to that, the cliff and/or wooded area with a quick throw over the side, or a covering up of his body, Somewhere west of 105.
Maps - Powered by Geographic Information Systems | Castle Rock, CO - Official Website
Parks and Recreation:

Fitness Routes Map
Parks and Recreation Map
Trail Conditions Map

Festival Park

https://www.getoutdoorscastlerock.org/
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

BBM

I've thought about that too, but we don't know that it wasn't. I thought when she said that, that maybe she dropped him off somewhere and then he passed away. I don't really think that any more at all. I think whatever LE found was convincing enough that he was dead that not even his parents questioned it.
TS knew he wasn't coming back because she knew he was dead.

I find it so odd that they are not searching more publicly for his body. I know LE stated that they were still actively investigating and open to tips etc. But, we haven't even heard anything about locals spotting search parties out and about.

I suspect it's intentional. They've probably cut any search parties down to just essential LE folks and have probably narrowed down the locations they're searching to smaller areas. They're probably taking efforts to keep any ongoing searches on the down-low as much as possible. They don't want to cause a media firestorm to bring people trampling all around their search areas, and they don't want to "show their hand" too much and give T or anyone else a clue as to where they're at in the investigation.

During the initial searches they had problems with the media getting too close and in the way.

Either that or they're done with actual ground searches because they know he's unrecoverable at this point or they're out of leads re: his body and working out other investigative angles to figure out where to search.

Curious if all the different fluids would confuse the cadaver dogs. I also think that it happened so fast she thought she'd explain it away with all the other things she said were in the car. (blood, fecal matter, vomit) And I do wonder what is not being shared with us. The fact that LE stated they knew he was dead without the body could indicate that the dogs did hit on the car but they haven't made that information public.
BBM
@Chewy Well, I keep forgetting about that ;)

Hey, just wanted you all to know I'm fine. Got hit with the flu like a truck, still trying to get better. Didn't make it to Salina because I began running a fever. I've missed a lot and am working today, but will try to catch up! Things are moving fast!!

@gatorage take care of yourself & hope you feel better soon!

THIS, IMO, is the direction of conversation that is most important. Her known places that she visited, the places she was familiar with, the places she would hike, or drive to.

My gut tells me we may not be missing anything.

Dumpster.
Gannon is my hero!
The orientation is key factor to me, she drovethat route recently, for familiarity, and it may have been the overriding thought in her mind....rage about the job loss, also the extensive searches on the gps, both here and by LE,have not found him. look for where her travels intersect gps wise w/ orientation route

Ita.
Not to mention his blood on the woodworking tools and on other places where they shouldn't be !

But I can see this moronic cretin using such a implement on poor Gannon.
The only bright spot in all of this and it's a small one --is that hopefully TS will discover there are even more evil monsters than herself behind bars. :mad:

This isn't directed at you, but do we know if any tools were found with blood on it/them? I wonder if that may have just been something she made up with the cut foot story? Just part of the cover up?

I've thought about that too, but we don't know that it wasn't. I thought when she said that, that maybe she dropped him off somewhere and then he passed away. I don't really think that any more at all. I think whatever LE found was convincing enough that he was dead that not even his parents questioned it.
TS knew he wasn't coming back because she knew he was dead.
@AnnaGrace You are right, we don't know that it wasn't. I wasn't thinking about that. And the PC spoke the same to me, the parents were convinced that he was dead. LE has compelling evidence and they want it sealed up for as long as possible. Perhaps the reason the Defense requested the affidavits to remain sealed.

Other fluids shouldn't affect the dog's nose. They hit on very specific compounds associated specifically with death like cadaverine, and they're very good at narrowing in on them and ignoring distracting scents.

An hour to spare but would she dare hose the truck down in front of her own house? More RD video as she vacuumed the truck? What if she did run him over or he bled or vomited in the back seat? I think she had a lot of cleaning to do...if she took it to a car wash I bet there will be video
Gannon is my hero! I assume there are multiple car washes on route to airport, cameras?

Gannon is my hero!
The orientation is key factor to me, she drovethat route recently, for familiarity, and it may have been the overriding thought in her mind....rage about the job loss, also the extensive searches on the gps, both here and by LE,have not found him. look for where her travels intersect gps wise w/ orientation route
@Feisty I am with you on "familiarity". I might be wrong, but I do not think TS lived in Colorado long enough to take a 4 hour adventure without her phone. I know that I wouldn't.

This isn't directed at you, but do we know if any tools were found with blood on it/them? I wonder if that may have just been something she made up with the cut foot story? Just part of the cover up?
No, not sure if they found blood on the tools.
Good lord I hope not.
LE more than likely looked over them carefully.
TS is the gift that keeps on giving for evidence.
Wish she'd blab some more and let Gannon come home to rest.
My .02 is that she's waiting for all evidence to be lost.
So infuriating !

Police issue warrant for innocent man's Google information | Daily Mail Online

Very interesting article on how LE utilizes Google geolocation and obtains warrants based on its results.

An interesting bit, here in NY and many states educators use Google apps and software. There’s a high chance TS had one or more google apps installed on her phone in the days leading to and after Gannon’s disappearance. Especially, google photos to back up her photos because she had an android phone.

If the rental car only had 5 miles on it when she rented it, it was new. Does that mean it had navigation capability? If so, she would not have needed her phone - but it also means that there might be a record of the destinations she typed into the navigation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff