Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I wholeheartedly respect your opinion, to believe they drive in silence the entire trip is in a way being naive. I support LE, I’m friends and family with LE and I would bet dollars to doughnuts the Deputies taunted her in one way another even if it was passive aggressively. Why? Because they KNOW the type they were hauling and she played right into their hands! Put it this way...do you think she attacked the officer for absolutely zero reason at all? Absolutely nothing happened along the ride but she got out of cuffs and decided to give blows to a LE officer for no reason. I know which scenario makes more sense in my head.
Her reason for attacking a police officer probably had nothing to do with anything they did and everything to do with the fact that she was angry, resentful and feeling self entitled.

I don't think she needs to be provoked by anyone to do the things she does. After all, she murdered her own stepson.

Imo

It would be so fantastic if today was full of breaking news, but this time I want news about Gannon being found.

The days since the last real search feels like a lifetime.

The only comfort I have today are Landen’s words: “I know where my son’s at, without a shadow of a doubt.” He’s dancing with the angels now, and that’s the only peace I have to calm the anger LS brings to my soul every time I read, talk or hear about her and her craziness.

here is an article
Stepmom arrested in Gannon Stauch disappearance was fired from teaching job days before boy went missing
It appears she got her teaching license in CO and worked at an elementary in Widefield (SE Colorado Springs) School District for part of 2019. Then was in orientation for a job in District 20 (North East Colorado Springs) at the end of January 2020 but was terminated before she began working there (just days before Gannon’s disappearance).

I wonder what happened at the school in Widefield.

First time poster:
Question:
Is her lawyer allowed to ask for her to be on meds just to avoid outburst or would it need to be something that was a previous prescription? Sorry if that is a dumb question.
She can certainly be evaluated by a doctor, but to medicate her just to keep her from blabbing, wouldn't fly.

Even if her lawyers could ask for and get medication for her, they can't force her to take it, or can she be forcibly medicated? Wouldn't they just put her in a separate room with TV and audio feed? I have seen that done before. For ex. Jaimie Closs's kidnapper was managed this way.

I wonder if, hypothetically, she was heavily abusing Adderall and meth and it gave her (1) a fit of rage that contributed to the murder and (2) delusions of grandeur that she could get away with it/people would believe her lies, if when she comes down there would be a chance of her giving up the body, not wanting a trial, and having some remorse. Wishful thinking I know but those drugs are very strong and it could at least be possible.

@MamaOV, your post offers such wisdom for us to make sense of TS's actions. I think her efforts regarding custody of the children were fueled by her need to inflict pain onto LH, and not by her love for them. The only child she wanted in AS's life was her own.

People like TS do not share well, and she regarded AS as her possession. I'd be surprised if he was able to maintain close relationships with relatives and friends. AS was a victim and I am so glad that Landen was on the scene at the time he viewed the incriminating video. She is a source of strength for him.

Allegedly she wouldn’t let him have his own Facebook account and insisted on them sharing one account (which they did, until whatever allegedly happened between them that allegedly triggered her to kick him off the FB account and drain the bank account)—just one example of what you’re talking about ...

Allegedly she wouldn’t let him have his own Facebook account and insisted on them sharing one account (which they did, until whatever allegedly happened between them that allegedly triggered her to kick him off the FB account and drain the bank account)—just one example of what you’re talking about ...
Lots of people share FB accounts tho. Doesn't mean one of them is crazy!
My hubby and I have a shared one and we each have our own. We also have access to each others.
We live by this.....if you have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

I'm hoping the officer she attacked was wearing a body cam.

The jury would be able to see the real TS.

The real TS is a monster who violently assaulted, then cold-bloodedly murdered, a precious, defenseless little boy.

@gitana1, if there's video/audio recording of TS's assault on the LEO during her extradition trip, will that be admissible at trial, or would it be considered prejudicial?

JMO.

Last edited:
I absolutely believe the officers were having fun with her. They live to taunt people who end up in the back of their vehicles in cuffs. I’ve seen it first hand. I can only imagine what they were saying to her getting her brain going. “You’re gonna rot lady”. “Just tell us where Gannon is games over, yer done”. That sort of thing. Then she flipped!

Haha, If it was me transporting her then there is so much I would have said to get at her. And then when she lost it, well lets just say she wouldn't have looked like she did during her hearing. Instead of tranquilizers she would have been needing pain pills. Those people driving her showed a lot of restraint. JMO

Leticia Stauch had 22 prior arrests.

She is likely quite familiar with handcuffs and how to get out of them. And it’s possible one of her prior assault arrests was due to attacking an officer who tried to arrest her.

Just speaking for myself, I don’t care what personality problem she has or what she has ever been diagnosed with. Just glad she is in jail and will remain there for the rest of her miserable life.

My hope is that she will be given a job in prison to have to pay restitution of some sort to Gannons mother and the State of Colorado. Maybe a job cleaning bathrooms and floors all day? Nothing in the kitchen where she could find a knife though. She would be a danger to other inmates.

And I’m praying Gannons body will be found very soon. I do not believe she will ever admit her crime or tell them where he is.

Hoping for the greatest sentence she can be given.

Great question and not a dumb question as I too have always wondered about this. I dont know for sure but based on seeing quite a few murder defendants in the trials we cover here that looked medicated, I think it is fairly easy for their lawyers to get physician approval to get calming medicines for their clients for court days.
This topic is worth exploration because it involves medical ethics and patient rights. @Hatfield, I have no desire to your McCoy at all! :)

Thorazine is used in correctional facilities during extreme psychosis. But many inmates that receive involuntary medication are unaware of their rights. Initially, every patient has the right to refusal then due process.

The best case scenario is for TS to give consent to treat. Otherwise, she may enjoy asserting her rights .. delaying and muddying the process. If she is unaware of these rights, there are plenty of pot-stirrers that will be glad to inform her. She already told us about herself ...

I view her job offer being rescinded as a life-changing event. She of course may not have viewed it that way but my feeling is most people would be upset by this. (I always wondered why she was not at work on 27 January and if she even had a job.) I'm also going to speculate that be-hind-the-scenes she has a reputation with co-workers (other teachers & bosses) and things like this get around. She also brought a unproven false claim against one employer. How she was as an actual teacher and dealing with parents? I have no idea. Hopefully more will be revealed here. I, like many, have a very hard time seeing her being a teacher as a good fit profession for her. Of course I don't know her at all but I thought that several times during her back to the camera interview. Then many of us are questioning how she can even pass a background check with her history. I would view her as a risk. I'm not sure of the standard however. Terrifying thought.

As of right now, I believe a series of events created a rage within her. She was coming unhinged. There is also some speculation as to the state of her marriage. Another life changing event, IMO. My gut also tells me she treated Gannon different than his little sister. To what degree? We don't know yet.

I'm still of the opinion that Sunday night was the beginning of the end and how we are *here. IMO, something trivial happened and she raged, was unreasonable and really physically harmed Gannon to a degree that it could not be explained away to anyone (husband, bio-mom, friends, teachers, etc.) and she was clearheaded and made the decision that she was going to murder him.

*-Child Abuse Resulting in Death
-Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust )
-Tampering with a Deceased Human Body
-Tampering with Physical Evidence

I'm at 90%-ish that she does not reveal the location of his body. LE is going to have to continue to piece this one together. It's difficult to find remains, especially if someone was out joyriding.

We might also be looking at Spring coming, snow melting and a property owner or Park Ranger out doing property/park maintenance and discover this poor child.

I feel like she's more focused on going to war with "us" the public than she is on her defense at the moment. IMO, she does NOT want the details of her abuse and what she did to this poor child to come out. She might continue with antics for a period of time behind bars as this case moves forward in court.

All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member