Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then she missed it by about 400 yards.....but with her I wouldn't be surprised.....Dull crayon

I'm presuming it was dark when she did it, and based on the length of what appeared to be a bridge, she probably thought she was over water. I know when I go over the Sunshine Skyway you are elevated for quite a while before you are actually over water. That bridge is really well lit, though, so most people, even people not familiar with it would know when they are actually over water.

I highly doubt it was a moving company driver. More likely an accomplice and or friend for the reasons I laid out.

And yet I think it was LS! I'll actually be quite surprised if it wasn't. She has had plenty of family supporters and I can see why some would question it. But I bet when its all said and done that we will learn that it was all T. JMO

Re: Pause in driveway.

...Or she was texting someone on a burner phone, or looking up something on Google maps. I think she had already forgotten about G at that point. Probably ignored him. Just a feeling. imo

The video we all saw had hours cut out or deleted. We saw her leave, then roughly 4 hours later come back. Actually I posted the first copy of the video on the forum, it was 6 plus minutes long, IIRC. It doesn't make sense to me that "somehow"the media got 4 hours of video, or many many hours of video and they just happened to know where the 2 important parts were. To my mind I would guess that he gave them the video with the 2 important parts condensed into 6 minutes. There was an obvious juxtaposition of the 2 sections. IMO. We are not talking about a surreptitious screen grab by a reporter in this case.

Thank you. Yeah, the media wouldn't be, imo, airing, or, in the possession of, all of the video from 1/25 thru 2/1 that RD said the LE took. Looking forward to testimony. Just speculation and MOO du jour.

Last edited:
Can you provide an MSM link or reference in support of your statement below, Dave F?
"RD told news people that he sped up and slowed down portions of the tape, trying to catch detail; and it is obvious to anyone that sees the tape that it is spliced, with lengthy gaps of time deleted."
I understand what you are now saying your point is, but this one sentence in your original post is misleading. JMO
MOO RD went through hundreds motion event clips. A lot of security cameras detect motion recording a video clip of the event and a before and after several minute bracket period.
A 6 minute video of a 4 hour span is the relavant condensed clips.

And maybe that’s why they don’t need RD IMO - I stopped my ring camera video service but my understanding is that’s it was stored in the cloud ?jmo
That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't he have to testify that the video system was his, and that he called LE after he reviewed the footage? In the Heather Elvis trial, the woman whose system caught the Moorer truck going to PTL, testified.

That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't he have to testify that the video system was his, and that he called LE after he reviewed the footage? In the Heather Elvis trial, the woman whose system caught the Moorer truck going to PTL, testified.
Yeah, I fully expect him to testify. I don’t know why he’s not on that witness list, but perhaps that’s because he was mentioned in the arrest affidavit or something.

IMO
I do think the pictures of her leaving the house carrying an object that looks like a gun is in fact a gun. And if there is a gun missing from the home that happens to match the caliber of the bullet wound(s) or bullet(s) found in Gannon, then that will be damming evidence in itself.

Depending on where she shot him, the bullet could remain in the body. Unless she was crazy enough to try to use a knife to dig out the bullet evidence. I wouldnt put that past her but I dont think she would be successful if the bullet went deep as that would be a difficult task. Plus there could be fragments of the bullet usually if it splintered inside the body. LE may be able to match up the chemical makeup of the bullet fragments with any remaining ammunition in the home if any is left there.

She sure made a lot of mistakes in this murder that is going to give LE plenty of evidence to convict her.

I get the whole blunt object injury aspect of the charge.

I have been puzzling over this whole gun shot and stabbing thing. Unless you wanted to inflict terrible and sustained pain, a gun shot wound is usually quicker especially given that he was moving slowly that day Stabbing is incredibly messy, can take a long time to have your desired effect.

I have also wondered if she shot him and then was trying to retrieve the bullet with a knife. If the gun was a specific caliber that is no longer in the home, then she would not want a bullet to be traced to her.

Just a thought as I continue to try and figure out her actions.

Lol, I was reading this as alcohol anonymous. I am hoping now that he has been found it will be released. Unless they they think. it will hinder her right to a fair trial.

By the way is the liquor stores closed down completely because of COvid ?
It is considered an essential store here in Ontario Canada, probably cause it is owned by the government. Health minister said, they dont want people having withdrawal.
I'm moving to Canada, JS
LOL
But, yes, our liquor stores and party stores here are still open but I know some beer vendors/delivery guys and they said they may quit delivering to stores in the next few weeks. YIKES

I am several pages behind as usual, but this! The level of rage and hate I have inside me is very unsettling and toxic feeling. I hate feeling like this, especially right now with all the other crisis’ going on. I would like to get rid of my rage and anger towards her, so I can move on in peace.

Anyone have any tips or outlets they can share? To de-stress I currently exercise, go for a walk, and wine. (guess which one is the most fun?!)

Somedays it just doesn’t seem enough to rid one’s self of the toxicity and evil in the world.

I've come to realize having comedians doing stand-up (via Netflix) helps tons while reading these forums. There's one called You're Doing Fine (...or You're Doing Okay...?) by Tom somebody -cant remember last name- and it's hilarious. Definitely think this crowd would enjoy that one.

I think there are several reasons for the confusion.

1. The video we've seen is blurry and has no sound so clearly something has been done to what we've seen.

2. RD has talked alot in interviews about speeding it up and slowing it down. I agree he meant at his home but.. see #3

3. We don't really know where the released video came from. RD denies releasing it himself:

"Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it."

‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

That explanation doesn't make sense to me. How did the news media get it? (RD has admitted he showed it to reporters. Was it recorded by reporters surreptitiously? If so, what speed was it when they recorded it?)

Some have suggested the release was all a set-up by LE to rattle TS. I don't buy that. LE said publicly releasing the video could damage the case. LE convinced one outlet not to run it. If it was a set-up I think it would have been done more smoothly without favoritism re: outlets. And without having RD talk about it, interpret what he saw, repeat what AS reportedly said....

Jumping off your post.

Bottom line- the release of the video was actually very helpful to LE. In that it caused TS to blab, both in the news and on social media. So regardless of what RD did or didnt release. Poor guy, he did what he thought would help.

<snipped for clarity>

She could have taken one person with her - but if her intent was to dump the suitcase, she'd have been better off not doing that. She would have lied and said she had a reason to go in a different direction (probably never mentioned FL). I still believe she slept at least twice on that journey and that someone in FL knows she was at their motel. A woman driving a moving truck might be memorable.

I do wonder why LE continued to not name her a POI once she left the state. Surely they knew she had gone.

And they all knew Gannon had not yet been found when LS took off on her own (if she did).
I have driven tandem, as a mil spouse, many times. It is very easy to lag behind the lead vehicle, (allowing LS opportunity to do dirty deed), claim breakdown etc....especially if she was in the rear vehicle.
Also having lived 15 yrs on the MS gulf area, Hwy 90, either direction, is pretty much a local main road. All the locals were familiar with it. From the recent investigation of her route, and where GS is found, to me, IMO, it just appears LS is somewhat familiar with Hwy 9o in that area. Might be why she chose it. Somewhat meaning, she knows the area, but not the access roads down to the bayou, tide tables etc.
MOO

Maybe the video evidence speaks for itself?
In the Berreth case, they still called the owner of that video camera to the stand (IIRC). I think it was very brief (a few minutes).

He’s an important part of this, as I don’t know how that video can be anything other than completely damning.

I think they’d call him to provide context.

The confinement to my apartment is making me crazy. (I'm high-risk and NYC is on total lockdown). I need to think of something cheerful.
While there is nothing to be cheerful about in this horrible, horrible tragedy, I'm going to take a step back and at least thank God that Gannon's body was found.

Although it would be so much better had he been one of the miracles who was found alive somehow, since he was already dead I will be glad for this lesser miracle. He was so far away from home and he could have so, so easily never been found. How serendipitous that those workers noticed the suitcase and he was discovered. Had they not been there, his parents would never have closure, and LE would not have as much evidence.

Of course we all know this already. However, I've mentioned once or twice in other WS missing child forums that I had acquaintances in high school who have been missing for over 46 years. Mitch Weiser and Bonnie Bickwit. They disappeared in July 1973, aged 15 and 16 if I recall, and have never been seen or heard from since. I don't even know if their parents are still alive, but I remember that for DECADES Bonnie's mother kept their phone number in the White Pages in case Bonnie ever called. They also refused to move when they were older, in case she suddenly showed up. The decades and decades of not knowing, of waiting for a phone call or a sudden reappearance, is worse than finding them dead. There are websites devoted to them and WS has a thread for them. We used to think they ran away, but they'd be senior citizens now, not teenagers. They are the longest missing teenagers in America, I believe.

I say all this to say that at least LH and AS will not have to go through this pure agony, nor will his little sister.

If only TS had gone missing long ago.

Last edited:
i am still waiting for that proof, ie other videos. I think she had time to deal with his body after the 2 girls went off in hh car to do something about a bike. Anyway that will be interesting to see all the proof.
TS said that HH arrived home from work that day at 4:38 (such an oddly specific time I’m inclined to believe it. )
And the call to LE reporting G missing was received at 6:55. Not much time IMO. Sadly, G was not on that property again after leaving with her at 10-something that morning. JMO JMO

Yeah, I fully expect him to testify. I don’t know why he’s not on that witness list, but perhaps that’s because he was mentioned in the arrest affidavit or something.
Was the neighbor of Kelsey Berreth called as a witness? Her video was used because it captured Patrick Frazee going in or out. I can't recall if she was listed; I just remember she wasn't home at the time of the video capture and murder.
Maybe the officer who collected the video is enough to substantiate where the video came from originally without calling RD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow