Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm-- I don't know
She specifically mentioned him cutting his FOOT ( in garage, AS woodworking, tools, etc BS)
Then LE finds a Sock, according to AS which now that I think about it, was according to LS saying that. Truth, lie??? who knows
But I tend to believe that even if coming from her lying mouth.
So, Cut foot, sock found.
JMO
He could have stepped in blood and it would be on his sock. Doesn't have to be from a cut on his foot, MOO.

Of course LE has time stamped videos. Not disputing that at all. But, they never did come out and say the video shown was the last video of him.

As far as me thinking maybe its HH in that video, that's just speculation on my part. Obvs. I could be very wrong. I probably am. I just don't think the video released to the media was last video of him. My opinion.

How do you explain him being in different clothing?

Hi Plumeria, welcome to Gannon's thread! :)

You may be correct that Gannon was seen in surveillance footage after he and LS left the driveway. But I tend to believe that if so; it would have been during the 4-hour "errand" run, not from the neighbor's camera.

As to the clothing- I have a couple of theories regarding that. 1) LS lied about what Gannon was wearing when he went missing. (It has been rumored that she really wasn't sure and was questioning her memory of his clothing). 2) LS reported that Gannon had severe diarrhea and pooped his pants while they were out & about. I believe there is a Kohl's in the same parking lot as the pet store LS visited (twice) that day. If I am not mistaken, there is also a Marshall's somewhere along the route they took? Wouldn't the possibility of TS purchasing the clothing she described Gannon to last be wearing exist? (IMO, it's entirely possible she purchased exactly what he was wearing when she took his life). Maybe the soiled clothing was placed in the garbage bin behind the gate upon her return?

It turns my stomach even thinking about such things. :(

The witness list in the complaint is NOT the witness list for the trial. I would have expected RD to be on that list. I honestly think it was probably an oversight.

Either way, they will compile an entirely new witness list for the trial. It probably will have a lot of those same people on it.

In other news, the divorce Initial Appearance is scheduled for April 30. Colorado has different procedures for divorce than my state, but I think if either one appear, it would be by video, if anything. They will still have 90 days from filing before the divorce is final, by Colorado law.

I believe this is just an interim "check in"/discussion.

You may be correct that Gannon was seen in surveillance footage after he and LS left the driveway. But I tend to believe that if so; it would have been during the 4-hour "errand" run, not from the neighbor's camera.

As to the clothing- I have a couple of theories regarding that. 1) LS lied about what Gannon was wearing when he went missing. (It has been rumored that she really wasn't sure and was questioning her memory of his clothing). 2) LS reported that Gannon had severe diarrhea and pooped his pants while they were out & about. I believe there is a Kohl's in the same parking lot as the pet store LS visited (twice) that day. If I am not mistaken, there is also a Marshall's somewhere along the route they took? Wouldn't the possibility of TS purchasing the clothing she described Gannon to last be wearing exist? (IMO, it's entirely possible she purchased exactly what he was wearing when she took his life). Maybe the soiled clothing was placed in the garbage bin behind the gate upon her return?

I don't think TS said Gannon pooped his pants while on the errand run. That was an earlier day, I'll see if I can find a link.

Stauch added that she clearly remembered giving Gannon a white bag to hold on January 27, “in case he puked.” She said the little boy had “pooped in his pants” the day prior and had been having issues with his stomach.
Gannon Stauch stepmom reveals where she went the day Colorado boy disappeared [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

I'm presuming it was dark when she did it, and based on the length of what appeared to be a bridge, she probably thought she was over water. I know when I go over the Sunshine Skyway you are elevated for quite a while before you are actually over water. That bridge is really well lit, though, so most people, even people not familiar with it would know when they are actually over water.
branmuffin, thank you to you and others for helping us with insight into the landscape and area!!

Last edited:
I think she was going down for this either way, but if she disposed of him in a suitcase from her house, that was really, really, really stupid.

I realize that him being found in a suitcase hasn't been confirmed. But I think that leaving him in a suitcase greatly increased the chances of him eventually being found.

She did seem to pick a spot that probably rarely has people walking near, but eventually someone will see a suitcase...…..and open it.

So maybe, as some have said, the water was higher when she dumped him. maybe she weighed the suitcase down but then the water receded? I wonder if there was anything else of note in the suitcase.....

JMO

I get the whole blunt object injury aspect of the charge.

I have been puzzling over this whole gun shot and stabbing thing. Unless you wanted to inflict terrible and sustained pain, a gun shot wound is usually quicker especially given that he was moving slowly that day Stabbing is incredibly messy, can take a long time to have your desired effect.

I have also wondered if she shot him and then was trying to retrieve the bullet with a knife. If the gun was a specific caliber that is no longer in the home, then she would not want a bullet to be traced to her.

Just a thought as I continue to try and figure out her actions.
kaen, I super like your posts. When you said: "I have also wondered if she shot him and then was trying to retrieve the bullet with a knife." I stared and stared at that. I hope to God it didn't happen like that.
:0(
However, I could see that happen.....

The confinement to my apartment is making me crazy. (I'm high-risk and NYC is on total lockdown). I need to think of something cheerful.
While there is nothing to be cheerful about in this horrible, horrible tragedy, I'm going to take a step back and at least thank God that Gannon's body was found.

Although it would be so much better had he been one of the miracles who was found alive somehow, since he was already dead I will be glad for this lesser miracle. He was so far away from home and he could have so, so easily never been found. How serendipitous that those workers noticed the suitcase and he was discovered. Had they not been there, his parents would never have closure, and LE would not have as much evidence.

Of course we all know this already. However, I've mentioned once or twice in other WS missing child forums that I had acquaintances in high school who have been missing for over 46 years. Mitch Weiser and Bonnie Bickwit. They disappeared in July 1973, aged 15 and 16 if I recall, and have never been seen or heard from since. I don't even know if their parents are still alive, but I remember that for DECADES Bonnie's mother kept their phone number in the White Pages in case Bonnie ever called. They also refused to move when they were older, in case she suddenly showed up. The decades and decades of not knowing, of waiting for a phone call or a sudden reappearance, is worse than finding them dead. There are websites devoted to them and WS has a thread for them. We used to think they ran away, but they'd be senior citizens now, not teenagers. They are the longest missing teenagers in America, I believe.

I say all this to say that at least LH and AS will not have to go through this pure agony, nor will his little sister.

If only TS had gone missing long ago.
@Arkay you go with your bad self! That was an excellent post!!!

I think she was going down for this either way, but if she disposed of him in a suitcase from her house, that was really, really, really stupid.

I realize that him being found in a suitcase hasn't been confirmed. But I think that leaving him in a suitcase greatly increased the chances of him eventually being found.

She did seem to pick a spot that probably rarely has people walking near, but eventually someone will see a suitcase...…..and open it.

So maybe, as some have said, the water was higher when she dumped him. maybe she weighed the suitcase down but then the water receded? I wonder if there was anything else of note in the suitcase.....

JMO
Maybe this was just another temporary spot until she could figure out how to completely get rid of the body

kaen, I super like your posts. When you said: "I have also wondered if she shot him and then was trying to retrieve the bullet with a knife." I stared and stared at that. I hope to God it didn't happen like that.
:0(
However, I could see that happen.....
Very good theory! that does make a lot of sense!!!

Maybe this was just another temporary spot until she could figure out how to completely get rid of the body
I don’t think that’s it. I think she panicked for some reason, or had some crazy thought process that I can’t even imagine (because I’m not fricken delusional moron).

I don’t think she had any intention of returning to Florida to retrieve that body.

Nah, I doubt it. If he'd been found closer to SC, maybe. But all this traveling... how many excuses to go to FL within a short time could she come up with?

However, I'm not 100% convinced that she intended to leave him where she did. She may have set out to bring him all the way to SC, but panicked or changed her mind for some reason and detoured to FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow