Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "tapes" are not physical. They are uploaded to an external site and I'm sure that LE would be able to get a copy of an unaltered version. IMO

Edited to add: Newcloud is on the witness list and this might possibly where the video is uploaded to. So they will have their expert there to verify it's authenticity, time, date, etc. Info goes from the camera to the cloud, so RD would not be needed. IMO
That makes sense.

I do think RD could be a problem on the stand, only because he did media interviews. Those can come back and haunt you during cross examination.

I think it is likely that LE created the spliced version and directed its release. I am certain they have the original intact tape IMO; by the time the tapes were shared LE was already investigating foul play and had the POI in their sites. She definitely became erratic after that video was shared.

its highly likely the video is all digital and there is no actual tape, just a hard drive and any copy would be on usb storage.
tape is old school analogue, highly doubt modern security systems use anything other than hard drive or cloud for recording storage.

Maybe the video evidence speaks for itself?
In every trial I've seen, the videos have to be introduced to the jury by the source of the video. So a cop if it was a dash cam video---or store employee if it was a surveillance cam in their pking lot, etc.

I would think the defense would argue that they should be given the opportunity to cross exam the person who offered this tape to LE.

That makes sense.

I do think RD could be a problem on the stand, only because he did media interviews. Those can come back and haunt you during cross examination.
I don’t think it matters. The video is the video, and that’s the only relevant thing here.

It’s not like that goes away by attacking him.

No, I'm thinking maybe they get out of the truck, Gannon knows what's up, he runs, or fights, she struggles with him, pulls the knife.
Good point.

That's why I was wondering if she drugged him Monday morning, before they took their road trip.

If he hadn't been injured or drugged, I think he'd have a good chance of getting away from her when she stopped the truck, as he wasn't restrained at the time.

Who do u think drove the truck to FL? Someone drove the truck. That’s probably where his body was. If anyone was in a caravan with her to FL I don’t see how they couldn’t have seen or smelled that body in suitcase. How could she at 135 lift 90+ lbs. My sister is 98 lbs and can barely lift 10 lbs. Even if T could lift almost her own body weight up into a high truck, anyone witnessing this feat would surely suspect something was up, especially in light of the fact that her stepson is missing and she’s in a hurry to flee the state and not return. I think there are other people in the know here, at best. I also think there are going to be a lot of bombshells dropped at trial that will be a shock many.

i think people often underestimate how much a woman can lift when needed, my understanding is Tee was an athlete in her youth( i was a competitive swimmer and am much stronger than people expect)
Tee played softball? that would account for some upper body strength straight away.
my sister is tall and approx 140ish pounds, she can finger lock and hold her own body weight for a decent amount time, i can hoist two 20kg bags of cat litter into the boot of my car unaided.
if you add in to that mix the possibility of stimulant use and a decent amount of adrenaline and determination then i have no problem believing Tee could lift a bag with G inside.
woman can be incredibly physical strong just as some men couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag... my brother's BPD ex was tiny but she could throw a punch that would sit plenty of men on their butts.

tee is definitely evil personified but i hesitate to assume anyone would willingly help her cover up this crime ... its easier to imagine her being stronger than expected, than a group of her family members suddenly become willing and complicit in this crime.

Week before Gannon's death - LS' employer decides to terminate her due to finding info about her that was not included on her resume. Supposedly she wouldn't have found out that she was terminated until the following week, but let's just imagine for a moment that she did know. I actually think this is pretty likely. Word spreads. Or she may have had a meeting with her supervisor to discuss inconsistencies, but a decision to let her go might have to be run through certain HR channels and therefore not done right away. Anyway, she might have had a pretty good idea that she was outta there.

My question... Have we heard exactly what her employer found out about her? Is it possible that it was something pretty baaaad that she didn't want Al to ever know? Did Gannon somehow find out? And therefore was a risk for telling Al?

I mean, maybe I'm really reaching here. That's possible (I'm quarantined with my children, my imagination, and no wine after all). And I do believe she raged frequently. But I'm getting a feeling that she had thought about this for a while, not necessarily planning it, but had an idea to run with when she was pushed over the edge.

Edited to delete pointless ramblings! Send wine!

I had read something, a few threads back, about this^^^^.

Apparently, she was given a call on Friday, Jan 24th, advising her not to come to the campus on Monday because she was not going to be hired after all. So even though she was technically not let go until the following week--she was warned about it the day before this torturous weekend began.

i am still waiting for that proof, ie other videos. I think she had time to deal with his body after the 2 girls went off in hh car to do something about a bike. Anyway that will be interesting to see all the proof.
I don’t think she’d risk having the body at home when she called police to say he was missing. IMO she had plenty of time 10-2 Monday to hide him. She sent the girls away most likely to have time to clean. But the tapes will definitely show if she left again between 2 and 6

Don't know if anybody mentioned it, but in the video where he could barely walk there is somebody in a white shirt walking a dog going through the frame. Is it possible that Gannon said something q tried to say something to that person? were they interviewed by LE? if he was hurt I would assume he would try to say something to a passer by?

Does anyone know if the “caravan” left at the same time as her?

i think people often underestimate how much a woman can lift when needed, my understanding is Tee was an athlete in her youth( i was a competitive swimmer and am much stronger than people expect)
Tee played softball? that would account for some upper body strength straight away.
my sister is tall and approx 140ish pounds, she can finger lock and hold her own body weight for a decent amount time, i can hoist two 20kg bags of cat litter into the boot of my car unaided.
if you add in to that mix the possibility of stimulant use and a decent amount of adrenaline and determination then i have no problem believing Tee could lift a bag with G inside.
woman can be incredibly physical strong just as some men couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag... my brother's BPD ex was tiny but she could throw a punch that would sit plenty of men on their butts.

tee is definitely evil personified but i hesitate to assume anyone would willingly help her cover up this crime ... its easier to imagine her being stronger than expected, than a group of her family members suddenly become willing and complicit in this crime.

Good post. But someone, a male, was driving that moving truck at the Cousin It interview and they were all most likely headed out of state shortly after. I doubt he was a stranger and I doubt someone in that caravan did not see or smell something suspicious on a long trip like that. Either way, cops will know if she traveled alone or not. Will be very interesting. I think like Arias, she was calculated and methodical and she planned it all out. Remember how creepily horrified we all were when we found out just how methodically diabolical Arias was in her planning of the cross country trip and brutal murder of Travis? I think this nut is as calculated and diabolical. I don’t think she panicked. I think she planned it all out and thought she was going to get away with it.

Last edited:
Oh dear, what an angry face!

It’s so interesting. We can all now rewatch that hearing with new eyes and imagine what the nut was thinking, knowing what the state must have against her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t just fold. I mean seriously, what ‘out’ can she possibly see? The defense must have seen everything already. What is she waiting for. Unless she sees room for reasonable doubt.

It’s so interesting. We can all now rewatch that hearing with new eyes and imagine what the nut was thinking, knowing what the state must have against her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t just fold. I mean seriously, what ‘out’ can she possibly see? The defense must have seen everything already. What is she waiting for. Unless she sees room for reasonable doubt.
Well, speaking of Jodi Arias---remember the crazy lengths she went to, making up a series of wild stories in her defense?

The Ninjas?

Tee does remind me of Jodi. They have similar histrionic personalities-both are wickedly manipulative, love to gaslight their loved ones, place blame on others and play the pitied martyr.

per article (posted on #844) - Father of murdered Colorado boy Gannon Stauch, 11, lashes out at his wife in divorce papers | Daily Mail Online

She did not speak during the short hearing but listened in silence as the charges were read out. The 36-year-old is due back in court in El Paso County on April 3.

That's not true on the April 3rd date - here's what the court site has:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
4/14/20 - Murder
3:00 PM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Status Conference D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

4/30/20 - Divorce
10:20 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Initial Conference Appearance D212020DR30309 El Paso County FCF Wall-Rm S116 (South Tower)

link: http://7thjudicialdistrictco.org/docket-search/

LOL. Who else did she tell she was pregnant?
I haven't pegged down dates and if it's important to Gannon's story or just more of her cray cray stuff. She had HH lie to Leigh Egan re she was pregnant and in the hospital in order to get out of an interview. Leave it to TS to tell a big lie when tthe truth will do. She's too busy moving, trying to get a job, trying to get her dtr into school, etc. (Even if some of those are exaggerations)

Well, speaking of Jodi Arias---remember the crazy lengths she went to, making up a series of wild stories in her defense?

The Ninjas?

Tee does remind me of Jodi. They have similar histrionic personalities-both are wickedly manipulative, love to gaslight their loved ones, place blame on others and play the pitied martyr.

I agree. The planning and all the twisted excuses are uncannily similar to JA.

One thing that killers like LS dont take into consideration is they never think long term about having to live their entire rest of their life looking over their shoulder about someday getting caught. In their mind, they think everyone will just forget about GS and in a short time, it will all go away. She thinks she will be on her way to live happily ever after with AS because now his Ex will stay out of the picture. She envisioned her husband would be arm in arm with her in support and this would even help their relationship.

Well, LS, you are wrong because with a child murder like this, nobody ever forgets and they constantly look and wonder what happened to him for the rest of their lives and LE may someday find the killer. Even if the case goes cold, there is always new investigators that may pick up the case and start anew.

It is a huge miscalculation in the killers thinking. To them, its not a big deal and it will all wash over in a relatively short time. To everyone else, it is a huge deal, and it will never wash over or ever go away. Ever.

Its one of the biggest miscalculations we have seen in lots of cases like this.

Its actually a little more proof that she may be a real physchopath because she cannot see and feel things through others eyes and she cannot understand how others will never ever stop looking for him or try to find out what really happened to him.

To her, it was almost over the day she killed him. In her thoughts, it was almost over and in a short time, things will all be ok again. To everyone else, it was just the beginning of a never ending nightmare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member