Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to catch up on this case. Other than being the last person to see him, can anyone sum of the key facts that point to her guilt?

There's so much to go into with that, but her stories about what happened the day he disappeared have been very inconsistent and she never participated in searches for him.

... and we don't that either, right?

But we do know that the family had 2 dogs and now AS wants Sadie returned. Its safe to conclude the Sadie was taken or disappeared.

"I also believe the puppy (Sadie) meant a lot to Gannon. So when the caravan left, why take one of the dogs and not both?" ~SleuthBee

ETA: clarification

Sure. It's certainly safe to assume AS didn't have 3-4 month old Sadie at the beginning of March when he filed for divorce and he wants her back. We don't know why he does. Maybe GS was fond of her for the short time the family had her before Jan 27. Or maybe the little sister was. Or both. Or maybe AS simply considers the dog his property and is pissed off. Who could blame him? We just don't know.

It's not safe to assume anything about the other dog IMO. Maybe he/she was left behind. Or maybe he/she wasn't left behind but AS doesn't want that dog back or doesn't feel he has a claim on that dog. As I said, maybe the other dog belonged to HH or TS before TS and AS married in 2015. (I don't think we know the age of the other dog.)

It's not safe to assume Sadie disappeared when GS did IMO. Some on WS have suggested she did and maybe TS killed her too on that Monday. But if the dog disappeared with GS, it seems it would have been in the news at some point, especially when the runaway story was still making the rounds.

JMO

Sure. It's certainly safe to assume AS didn't have 3-4 month old Sadie at the beginning of March when he filed for divorce and he wants her back. We don't know why he does. Maybe GS was fond of her for the short time the family had her before Jan 27. Or maybe the little sister was. Or both. Or maybe AS simply considers the dog his property and is pissed off. Who could blame him? We just don't know.

It's not safe to assume anything about the other dog IMO. Maybe he/she was left behind. Or maybe he/she wasn't left behind but AS doesn't want that dog back or doesn't feel he has a claim on that dog. As I said, maybe the other dog belonged to HH or TS before TS and AS married in 2015. (I don't think we know the age of the other dog.)

It's not safe to assume Sadie disappeared when GS did IMO. Some on WS have suggested she did and maybe TS killed her too on that Monday. But if the dog disappeared with GS, it seems it would have been in the news at some point, especially when the runaway story was still making the rounds.

JMO

If the dog had disappeared with Gannon, LE and family would have mentioned it very early on because it would've been a critical part of his description... even more important than the clothes he was last seen wearing. Finding the dog would've been critically important to finding GS.

If a gun is missing from the home, she’s exceeded the combined stupidity of Frazee and Watts. If she then removed the bullet, she’s in her own hall of dumbling fame.

I don’t see her doing the latter. A knife/sharp instrument would not be listed as part of a crime of violence associated with murder if it was used post-mortem. What we’re hearing about “stabbing”, if that’s accurate, is because that’s the correct term for what she did.

If the dog had disappeared with Gannon, LE and family would have mentioned it very early on because it would've been a critical part of his description... even more important than the clothes he was last seen wearing. Finding the dog would've been critically important to finding GS.

Quite true.

I used to teach Elie Wiesel's memoir, Night, and sometimes would arrange for elderly Holocaust survivors to speak to our eighth-graders. They endured such unspeakable atrocities, and lost their entire families to truly depraved acts of murder.

So many things that we've learned from them have made a deep impression on my students and me. I have Holocaust survivors in my family, (as well as some who were killed in my grandmother's generation), and still study about the Holocaust now. But one particular sentence from an ancient Holocaust survivor caught my attention. She said, "there's nothing so wonderful as a boring day."

Think about that. How wonderful would a boring day, nothing special happening, have been for Gannon's parents? For Chloe's family on the ship? For the families of every missing or murdered child?

I am reminded of that Holocaust survivor now, because I keep complaining to my family and friends about how bored I am trapped in my apartment during coronavirus. It flashed into my mind, though---how wonderful it is to have a boring day! That means nothing awful has happened! I'd certainly rather be safe and bored at home than to be in a hospital, sick with the virus and struggling to breathe.

So let's thank God that we here are not afflicted with something that has us in the ICU, and let's thank God that we are not identifying our children, and stay home and stay safe until this crisis is over, whenever that may be.

Good health and courage to all my fellow Websleuthers, to the mods, and pray for the health care workers and first responders.

Wonderful post !!!
It was the first post that opened up when I logged in here today.
What an inspirational post to start my work (from home) day !!
Thank you for sharing this.
Everyone Have a great, safe at home and boring day !! :)
(PS.. have you shared this in the Coronavirus thread here on WS?
It would be inspiring to the group, JMO )

Leigh Egan posted her ONLY interview with LS in two parts on CrimeOnLineFebruary 27 and 29.........strongly implying that the interview was "fresh". LS was arrested early on March 2. Hospitals generally keep patients for a minimum of 24 hours. This is a really tight time frame to be pursuing a followup interview to that first one. Do you really think HH needed to cite additional excuses?
Just the one bombshell about her Mom being preggers in the hospital would be sufficient, IMO.

Gannon Stauch stepmom reveals where she went the day Colorado boy disappeared [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

Hi @Dave F.

Actually, Leigh disclosed that she had one "formal" interview with LS, then "many, many casual conversations". ETA: there is also a part three to the exclusive interview with Leigh Eaton.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

Leigh has joined Tricia several times on the WS YouTube channel, in addition to Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. You can glean quite a bit of information listening to these! :)

‘Crime Stories’: Remains of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch found MILES away from his Colorado home

Last edited:
I need to catch up on this case. Other than being the last person to see him, can anyone sum of the key facts that point to her guilt?
BBM:

The real evidentiary foundation of the case will be contained in the arrest affidavit, and that hasn't been made public yet.

Having said that, here are a few of the damning things that we do know point to her:

1) TS initially told LE that she last saw GS when he left the house between 3:15 - 4:00 that Monday to walk to "a friend's house."

2) Subsequent to TS's story about GS leaving the house on Monday afternoon b/t 3:15 - 4:00 to go to "a friend's house," a neighbor (RD) provided a video to MSM showing TS leaving the house with GS in a truck at 10:13 am on Monday morning and TS returning to the house at 2:19 on Monday afternoon alone. No GS with her. "She lied."

3) Her Cousin Itt interview and subsequent phone interview in which she bakes in all kinds of excuses for GS's blood being found in the home, garage, and vehicles are utterly damning.

4) The purported "can my parents find me if my phone is off" search on his phone.

5) The fact that she deliberately mischaracterized him as a runaway to LE.

6) The fact that she rented a vehicle at the airport the next morning.

7) Her prior arrest record for violent offenses, coupled with the fact that she was the last person to see him.

Last edited:
Hi @Dave F.

Actually, Leigh disclosed that she had one "formal" interview with LS, then "many, many casual conversations". ETA: there is also a part three to the exclusive interview with Leigh Eaton.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

Leigh has joined Tricia several times on the WS YouTube channel, in addition to Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. You can glean quite a bit of information listening to these! :)

‘Crime Stories’: Remains of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch found MILES away from his Colorado home

Thanks for the clarification! I was aware that there were three interview parts published, but I could only get the first and last to come up on CrimeOnLine using their "Search" feature. Since omission of the middle one didn't change the tight time frame, I went with what I could link. The number of times she talked to LS before is not important to me, as she clearly stated in the WS podcast that she was seeking a followup interview when HH dropped the bonbshell excuse. JMO

Last edited:

JMO
I am just not understanding your point at all. And I don't recall anyone here on WS stating that TS killed Sadie or stated that Sadie disappeared with Gannon as fact. However, it is possible that some may have mentioned it out of concern or fear. And I really don't see anyone assuming anything about the other dog or stating it as fact. MOO is they are just theorizing just as you and others are.

I do sense there are quite a lot of animal lovers on this forum, myself included. Pets offer unconditional love and acceptance and it is sad to realize how vulnerable they really are :(

So what are your theories for AS wanting Sadie returned?

BBM:

The real evidentiary foundation of the case will be contained in the arrest affidavit, and that hasn't been made public yet.

Having said that, here are a few of the damning things that we do know point to her:

1) TS told LE that she last saw GS when he left the house between 3:15 - 4:00 that Monday to walk to "a friend's house."

2) Subsequent to TS's story about GS leaving the house on Monday afternoon b/t 3:15 - 4:00 to go to "a friend's house," a neighbor (RD) provided a video to MSM showing TS leaving the house with GS in a truck at 10:13 am on Monday morning and TS returning to the house at 2:19 on Monday afternoon alone. No GS with her. "She lied."

3) Her Cousin Itt interview and subsequent phone interview in which she bakes in all kinds excuses for GS's blood being found in the home, garage, and/or vehicles are utterly damning.

4) The purported "can my parents find me if my phone is off" search on his phone.

5) The fact that she deliberately mischaracterized him as a "runaway" to LE.

6) The fact that she rented a vehicle at the airport the next morning.

7) Her prior arrest record for violent offenses, coupled with the fact that she was the last person to see him.

8 Even after her arrest and during transport back to Co via Kansas, she slipped out of her handcuffs and beat the heck out of the deputy. Or atleast she/he required a trip to the hospital for medical attention. While this isn’t hard evidence against her, I do believe it shows her current state of mind jmo

You don't have time to carefully read 40 threads??;)

Things that make me think LS is guilty as sin:

1. The fact that LS could check Gannon's phone internet history and find a convenient, but not quite normally worded, google search that backed her claim he had run away; yet she didn't know any of his friends' names and... I guess didn't know how to look at the contacts in his phone.

2. The missing poster... worded weirdly and with a picture of herself taking center stage. You can find it on the media thread.

3. LS claimed Gannon stayed home sick on Monday, but felt well enough to leave for a friend's around 3pm... But, oops! She forgot to mention that she took him on a 4 hour errand run that day. Thankfully she remembered that little bit of info after a neighbor's video came to light showing her leaving with him around 10am. But, oops again! It doesn't look like he came home with her. That's strange.

4. After numerous people notice a shadow (ooh! A shadow!) in the video, she latches onto that idea and yes! That was Gannon! And you know how she can prove it?! Well, there's magic technology that can detect heat from live bodies through the video!

I'm gonna stop there because I don't have time* to go through every story she told to explain away details that came to light, and some before they even came to light. This was like a Shakespeare play with so many turns an twists and what would be hilarious stupidity if it weren't for a sweet boy who was murdered, stuck in a suitcase, and thrown off a bridge. A boy who fought for his life when he came into the world and no doubt fought for it when he left it.:(

Also, 107 search warrants, 5 charges without a body, and 8 more charges filed after his body was found.

*I mean, I do have time because quarantine. But I don't have wine and I'd need some if I finished my list.

If a gun is missing from the home, she’s exceeded the combined stupidity of Frazee and Watts
Competitive may be a character trait we overlooked :D

The gun could be missing or, TS put it back without realizing a ballistics test could determine a multitude of sins.

TS is cunning, but not smart enough to avoid looking so stupid o_O

8 Even after her arrest and during transport back to Co via Kansas, she slipped out of her handcuffs and beat the heck out of the deputy. Or atleast she/he required a trip to the hospital for medical attention. While this isn’t hard evidence against her, I do believe it shows her current state of mind jmo

Absolutely.

TS is extremely violent and volatile.

I'm hoping that attack on the transporting officer can come in as testimony at her trial.

The jury needs to know that this is who she is.

Last edited:

Thank you! This of course is true. This is why I love it here. Theories can be thrown into the ring and holes validly poked in them. If I had thought my earlier post (#1332) through, I would have realized exactly what you've stated!

Regarding the question of why the neighbor, whose security video showed TS leaving with but not returning with Gannon, isn't on the witness list: it seems to me that since the video would have been captured in the network/cloud of the security system provider, it would be that provider who would be called to verify its validity, not the neighbor him or herself. A customer could potentially "fiddle" with a downloaded video; the provider who captured the original, however, would be the one to verify its authenticity as the original, unedited version.

Regarding the question of why the neighbor, whose security video showed TS leaving with but not returning with Gannon, isn't on the witness list: it seems to me that since the video would have been captured in the network/cloud of the security system provider, it would be that provider who would be called to verify its validity, not the neighbor him or herself. A customer could potentially "fiddle" with a downloaded video; the provider who captured the original, however, would be the one to verify its authenticity as the original, unedited version.

I think this makes sense! Some businesses were listed, and off the top of my head, weren't Loss Prevention personnel mentioned? These are the people who have access to the cameras and what they capture, much like the cloud holds the original footage from home cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow