Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that’s it. I think she panicked for some reason, or had some crazy thought process that I can’t even imagine (because I’m not fricken delusional moron).

I don’t think she had any intention of returning to Florida to retrieve that body.
I don’t think that’s it. I think she panicked for some reason, or had some crazy thought process that I can’t even imagine (because I’m not fricken delusional moron).

I don’t think she had any intention of returning to Florida to retrieve that body.
Yes that could be true! I'm sure the paranoia was kicking in. But I Can't be too sure that if she didn't get arrested, she wouldnt have had attempted to move him again. She IS a sick delusional moron. If it would have benefited her to move that body again, she definitely would have done it as part of her evolving spontaneous cover-up. She is so so worried about saving face that she has absolutely no compassion, emotion, or understanding of what her actions had created. She looks like a straight up satanic witch!

Agreed with the other poster who commented that the perp could've used the knife to try to dislodge the bullet.
That never occurred to me.
And it's very messed up.
But who knows just how sadistic and evil this TS is ?
She cannot ever be free. Or there will be untold suffering and possibly more deaths.
I have to wonder if there were red flags that were ignored by those close to her growing up ?
The murder of a child may have come as a shock, but the lies and manipulations ?
I think not.

Week before Gannon's death - LS' employer decides to terminate her due to finding info about her that was not included on her resume. Supposedly she wouldn't have found out that she was terminated until the following week, but let's just imagine for a moment that she did know. I actually think this is pretty likely. Word spreads. Or she may have had a meeting with her supervisor to discuss inconsistencies, but a decision to let her go might have to be run through certain HR channels and therefore not done right away. Anyway, she might have had a pretty good idea that she was outta there.

My question... Have we heard exactly what her employer found out about her? Is it possible that it was something pretty baaaad that she didn't want Al to ever know? Did Gannon somehow find out? And therefore was a risk for telling Al?

I mean, maybe I'm really reaching here. That's possible (I'm quarantined with my children, my imagination, and no wine after all). And I do believe she raged frequently. But I'm getting a feeling that she had thought about this for a while, not necessarily planning it, but had an idea to run with when she was pushed over the edge.

Edited to delete pointless ramblings! Send wine!

Last edited:
Being in different clothing than what TS said he was wearing when he "ran away"? Because she's lied so many times that she can't keep anything straight and fabricates as she goes.

Also because LS was pushing the "Gannon ran away story" at the time she described what he was last wearing. If Gannon ran away, he probably would have taken a few clothing changes with him. He would probably have changed his clothing since the last time LS saw him since Gannon was still alive, of course. When he was found dead, it would be obvious that LS had absolutely nothing to do with his death because... he's changed his clothing. See... I'm starting to think like her.:eek:

(Remember how the finger of guilt was pointing directly at Meagan Boswell when her baby, Evelyn, was found deceased... wearing the very same clothing that Meagan had said Evelyn was wearing on the last day Meagan said saw Evelyn alive? There you go.)

I used to teach Elie Wiesel's memoir, Night, and sometimes would arrange for elderly Holocaust survivors to speak to our eighth-graders. They endured such unspeakable atrocities, and lost their entire families to truly depraved acts of murder.

So many things that we've learned from them have made a deep impression on my students and me. I have Holocaust survivors in my family, (as well as some who were killed in my grandmother's generation), and still study about the Holocaust now. But one particular sentence from an ancient Holocaust survivor caught my attention. She said, "there's nothing so wonderful as a boring day."

Think about that. How wonderful would a boring day, nothing special happening, have been for Gannon's parents? For Chloe's family on the ship? For the families of every missing or murdered child?

I am reminded of that Holocaust survivor now, because I keep complaining to my family and friends about how bored I am trapped in my apartment during coronavirus. It flashed into my mind, though---how wonderful it is to have a boring day! That means nothing awful has happened! I'd certainly rather be safe and bored at home than to be in a hospital, sick with the virus and struggling to breathe.

So let's thank God that we here are not afflicted with something that has us in the ICU, and let's thank God that we are not identifying our children, and stay home and stay safe until this crisis is over, whenever that may be.

Good health and courage to all my fellow Websleuthers, to the mods, and pray for the health care workers and first responders.

Last edited:
Week before Gannon's death - LS' employer decides to terminate her due to finding info about her that was not included on her resume. Supposedly she wouldn't have found out that she was terminated until the following week, but let's just imagine for a moment that she did know. I actually think this is pretty likely. Word spreads. Or she may have had a meeting with her supervisor to discuss inconsistencies, but a decision to let her go might have to be run through certain HR channels and therefore not done right away. Anyway, she might have had a pretty good idea that she was outta there.

My question... Have we heard exactly what her employer found out about her? Is it possible that it was something pretty baaaad that she didn't want Al to ever know? Did Gannon somehow find out? And therefore was a risk for telling Al?

I mean, maybe I'm really reaching here. That's possible (I'm quarantined with my children, my imagination, and no wine after all). And I do believe she raged frequently. But I'm getting a feeling that she had thought about this for a while, not necessarily planning it, but had an idea to run with when she was pushed over the edge.

I'm familiar with unexpected rages from someone you wished loved you. It's so confusing and scary. My mother was very loving when I was small. Once I hit 10, 11 things changed drastically. I never knew what I would be facing each day when I came home from school. It was no way for a child to live. The best days were when she was gone when I got home. All the other days were varying levels of bad. But I never feared for my life. Maybe I should have. Maybe it was an idea my brain couldn't fathom.

This is getting long but has a point. The last time I saw my mom was four years ago. After decades of having a semi-normal, but fraught with confusion (the fog of being gaslighted) relationship, she lost her ever-loving mind. She went into a rage against me, saying the most incredible, crazy things. I was that little kid all over again. But this time I had a witness - my husband. He was completely dumbstruck. I don't know why I stayed there a second longer, but we still spent that night. I woke up just knowing she was very unstable and capable of killing me. I knew she had a gun in the house. And, worse, my children and husband were sound asleep. I came very close to getting everyone up and out in the middle of the night. I chose not to only to avoid a confrontation that might escalate things. I sat in the living room watching her bedroom door all night. Next morning, we were OUT. Haven't talked to her since, although she occasionally sends me hate filled emails.:rolleyes:

Seriously had a point, but lost it... It's late. Maybe it will come to me later. Goodnight, WS. Have a drink for me and be thankful our sweet boy is away from that monster and can rest now. ❤
We don’t know exactly what they found, but it was reportedly “inconsistencies with her application.”

In short, she must have lied (as she does).

I think she did know, and it’s relevant. I believe it was a “precipitating stressor,” something that made her angry enough that she eventually exploded in rage at Gannon.

This started in uncontrolled anger, and then became something more calculated.

I'm familiar with unexpected rages from someone you wished loved you. It's so confusing and scary. My mother was very loving when I was small. Once I hit 10, 11 things changed drastically. I never knew what I would be facing each day when I came home from school. It was no way for a child to live. The best days were when she was gone when I got home. All the other days were varying levels of bad. But I never feared for my life. Maybe I should have. Maybe it was an idea my brain couldn't fathom.

This is getting long but has a point. The last time I saw my mom was four years ago. After decades of having a semi-normal, but fraught with confusion (the fog of being gaslighted) relationship, she lost her ever-loving mind. She went into a rage against me, saying the most incredible, crazy things. I was that little kid all over again. But this time I had a witness - my husband. He was completely dumbstruck. I don't know why I stayed there a second longer, but we still spent that night. I woke up just knowing she was very unstable and capable of killing me. I knew she had a gun in the house. And, worse, my children and husband were sound asleep. I came very close to getting everyone up and out in the middle of the night. I chose not to only to avoid a confrontation that might escalate things. I sat in the living room watching her bedroom door all night. Next morning, we were OUT. Haven't talked to her since, although she occasionally sends me hate filled emails.:rolleyes:

Seriously had a point, but lost it... It's late. Maybe it will come to me later. Goodnight, WS. Have a drink for me and be thankful our sweet boy is away from that monster and can rest now. ❤

Gannon...

My MIL had mental issues...I do not think any were as intense as what you experienced

It explained a lot about my husbands coping
methods, mainly denial...this case seems to bringing up memories for many

I think you were trying to imagine how
awful it must have been for Gannon
to live w/ Letecia

I am going to pretend that it wasn’t that bad, that he had no idea she would ever do the awful things, so far that isn’t working

I hope you can keep that distance from your mother...

I used to teach Elie Wiesel's memoir, Night, and sometimes would arrange for elderly Holocaust survivors to speak to our eighth-graders. They endured such unspeakable atrocities, and lost their entire families to truly depraved acts of murder.

So many things that we've learned from them have made a deep impression on my students and me. I have Holocaust survivors in my family, (as well as some who were killed in my grandmother's generation), and still study about the Holocaust now. But one particular sentence from an ancient Holocaust survivor caught my attention. She said, "there's nothing so wonderful as a boring day."

Think about that. How wonderful would a boring day, nothing special happening, have been for Gannon's parents? For Chloe's family on the ship? For the families of every missing or murdered child?

I am reminded of that Holocaust survivor now, because I keep complaining to my family and friends about how bored I am trapped in my apartment during coronavirus. It flashed into my mind, though---how wonderful it is to have a boring day! That means nothing awful has happened! I'd certainly rather be safe and bored at home than to be in a hospital, sick with the virus and struggling to breathe.

So let's thank God that we here are not afflicted with something that has us in the ICU, and let's thank God that we are not identifying our children, and stay home and stay safe until this crisis is over, whenever that may be.

Good health and courage to all my fellow Websleuthers, to the mods, and pray for the health care workers and first responders.
B e a utiful!

Gannon...

My MIL had mental issues...I do not think any were as intense as what you experienced

It explained a lot about my husbands coping
methods, mainly denial...this case seems to bringing up memories for many

I think you were trying to imagine how
awful it must have been for Gannon
to live w/ Letecia

I am going to pretend that it wasn’t that bad, that he had no idea she would ever do the awful things, so far that isn’t working

I hope you can keep that distance from your mother...

I will. My babies don't deserve that toxic crap in their lives. I will protect them until the day I die.

My theory is the same as yours. Gannon did something by accident to cause LS to:

"I just flipped out, okay?" (It's your fault, Gannon.) By that statement she was trying to justify to Gannon what she had done to him and I think it was a reactionary "sharp object from the tool supply in the garage-attack." She may have already had the tool in her hand if she was cleaning up the tools in garage already. Gannon was bleeding and frightened (he didn't cut his foot at all, imo) ...and she "medicated him" to calm him down and, literally, to knock him out. The other 2 kids in the house would have heard Gannon suffering all night long otherwise. She had to quiet him down so it would appear to the other 2 kids that he was okay and not seriously injured.

This would also explain Gannon becoming incontinent and having an accident some time during Sunday night--early Monday morning. I don't believe LS's statement that Gannon's own medication caused the "incontinence problem" on a fairly regular basis at all. I believe it was the pain medication causing him to be unable to react quickly to get to the bathroom or not waking at all to use the bathroom, and being fearful about his situation that caused the incontinence problem. In spite of bandaging Gannon's wound, he may have bled on and off all night long. Puncture wounds can bleed out and internally.

LS was awake all night long on Sunday, imo... taking turns quieting Gannon down if he woke up in pain in spite of being drugged, observing him for changes in condition, cleaning up the blood... cleaning up the evidence of his incontinence, doing a laundry that resulted from that, repairing whatever "unforgivable and flip-out-over" damage Gannon had done by accident on Sunday, and gathering items to put into the truck (suitcase, 2 x 4, gun, etc.)

Pain and still being under the influence of the pain medication could explain how Gannon walked out to the truck on Monday morning. Perhaps she even medicated him again that morning while telling him she was going to take him to the ER. He would then have, hopefully, been sound asleep when arriving at his place of execution.

While she worked, she planned and plotted out his murder that she had decided would take place at her earliest opportunity on Monday morning. That way, she'd have time to get home and continue cleaning and checking for any remaining suspicious signs that would indicate that something very terrible had happened on Sunday night.

Megnut, I think she didn't dare take Gannon out to kill him during the night hours between Sunday night and Monday morning because the other 2 kids might be wake up and LS would have no explanation of why she was heading out with Gannon at a time like that. I also think she wanted the house to look somewhat "put back together" and "normal" by the time they woke on Monday morning. That's one reason she drugged Gannon, imo... so they would think he'd had a little accident but, oh good!.... he's fine now and sleeping soundly. Maybe HH was out of the house when the Sunday incident took place so she would have been none the wiser if Gannon was in bed sleeping when she got home.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on what happened.

While I agree with other comments in this thread about LS having underlying jealousy issues, I don't feel that wasn't necessarily what made her kill Gannon.
IMO, Sunday night she raged after the carpet incident and assaulted Gannon. Knowing her marriage and the financial security that came with it was crumbling, she figured she would have to end his life so he wouldn't talk. Nobody , especially Al, could find out about the assault. As an afterthought, maybe she felt the resulting tragedy would repair her marriage?

I'm an "essential worker" - unfortunately I haven't been able to
keep up with all
Of the posts, but maybe you all could help me out with these questions I have:

1. When was the missed doctor appointment made? Did she make it that morning or had it been made earlier?

2. Has it been proven that she was in Florida? If so, what is the proof? Is it possible that somebody else took the suitcase and dumped it for her?

This case just pulls at my heartstrings. Especially seeing the pictures of Gannon smiling just the day before his demise.

This and the Lori Vallow case has me constantly checking my phone!!

We don’t know exactly what they found, but it was reportedly “inconsistencies with her application.”

In short, she must have lied (as she does).

I think she did know, and it’s relevant. I believe it was a “precipitating stressor,” something that made her angry enough that she eventually exploded in rage at Gannon.

This started in uncontrolled anger, and then became something more calculated.

Take it one step further. She didn't want the job anyway, she was applying with airlines. Along the lines - you can't fire me, I quit. Maybe the same goes for everything in her life. You can't fire me.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on what happened.

While I agree with other comments in this thread about LS having underlying jealousy issues, I don't feel that wasn't necessarily what made her kill Gannon.
IMO, Sunday night she raged after the carpet incident and assaulted Gannon. Knowing her marriage and the financial security that came with it was crumbling, she figured she would have to end his life so he wouldn't talk. Nobody , especially Al, could find out about the assault. As an afterthought, maybe she felt the resulting tragedy would repair her marriage?

I'm an "essential worker" - unfortunately I haven't been able to
keep up with all
Of the posts, but maybe you all could help me out with these questions I have:

1. When was the missed doctor appointment made? Did she make it that morning or had it been made earlier?

2. Has it been proven that she was in Florida? If so, what is the proof? Is it possible that somebody else took the suitcase and dumped it for her?

This case just pulls at my heartstrings. Especially seeing the pictures of Gannon smiling just the day before his demise.

This and the Lori Vallow case has me constantly checking my phone!!
I’m in complete agreement with your theory.

1. We don’t know the details of this alleged “doctor’s appointment,” as that information comes from her. She claimed that she talked to a medical professional on the phone, and they advised certain medication. Odds are this didn’t happen. If it did happen, it was obviously just to set the stage for him being home sick.

2. Law enforcement is looking for witnesses in the Pace and Pensacola areas, who may have seen TS between February 3-5. So they clearly believe she was there. Perhaps tellingly, they only asked for information regarding her, and not anyone else who may have been with her.

I think the 'sharp instrument' possibly happened Sunday also. There's always a bit of truth to TS lies. After the incident that set TS off, she's sitting on the floor cleaning up a mess and Gannon comes over next to her and she angrily stabs his foot? Or after her rage, maybe he tries to make her feel better (as per the "Cousin It" interview that he always is so kind) .... MOO

But she also chuckles or snickers about the Burger King Sunday. Makes me wonder if he didn't end up eating it or that was his last food. Something she thought was funny :mad: MOO

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words! I'm in home healthcare dealing with psych pt's.
It's really tough not being with my family during the day and worrying about what I could be bringing home. I take a long shower the moment I get home.

It is surreal being out on the world, witnessing the lack of people out-and-about. The people that I have encountered either look at everybody else with suspicion, or totally ignore distance recommendations.

Even when when life returns to relative normalcy, our world is forever changed.

Stay safe!

I’m in complete agreement with your theory.

1. We don’t know the details of this alleged “doctor’s appointment,” as that information comes from her. She claimed that she talked to a medical professional on the phone, and they advised certain medication. Odds are this didn’t happen. If it did happen, it was obviously just to set the stage for him being home sick.

2. Law enforcement is looking for witnesses in the Pace and Pensacola areas, who may have seen TS between February 3-5. So they clearly believe she was there. Perhaps tellingly, they only asked for information regarding her, and not anyone else who may have been with her.

1. If she did indeed ask a nurse
"how much medication is too much?" Why the heck would she admit to that. I understand her line of thinking is "look, I cared about him. I even called a nurse..." But IMO, given the circumstances, it makes her look even more suspicious, like she wanted him to OD. It's just a stupid defense, but we all know she isn't the smartest suspect.

2. That's what I was thinking as well. at first I thought LE was looking into where the car had been- and maybe somebody else was driving it. But I'm sure they have looked into multiple devices ( phones, iwatch,
Cameras, etc) surely she wouldn't have handed all of these things to somebody doing her dirty work. She couldn't be that stupid.
She probably drove that entire time panicking about what to do with the suitcase and knowing she was getting close to SC, had to make a move. Veering off the path probably seemed like the best choice, and she ended up in FL MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow