Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that was not reported until the 20th. If it was made public that the body was that of a juvenile on the day it was found or on the 18th, I bet someone here would have noticed.

I doubt anyone, including LE, ever thought TS would have moved the body to Florida.

They probably have evidence that she was in the area during the three day period they are asking for witnesses who may have seen her, but don't know exactly when she went there to dump the body.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff twitter account has not been active since around Nov 2019. Looking at the Sheriff's FB, it was a reminder that this was the beginning of COVID-19 and LE turning towards high alert emergency plans.

There were no crime posts on March 17 including that they located a body at the Escambia River Bridge. Instead, they were posting about immediately stopping fingerprint services until further notice and preparing to close the beaches (which they did on March 20).

This may explain in part the delay (and distraction) for news to reach Colorado media.

MOO

Last edited:
I'm convinced finding Gannon in Florida wasn't a random thing and look forward to hearing just how it all came down, probably with T advancing from jurisdiction to jurisdiction like a piece on a game board with LE watching all the way.

When I ponder the hundreds of isolated wooded areas she passed before finally throwing the suitcase and Gannon over the bridge, her stupidity overwhelms me anew.

She gets my vote for the all-time dumb-as-a-brick award with sincere apologies to runners-up, smile-for-the-camera-Chris Watts and Patrick Frazee.

Considering all of those local police departments/ FBI along the southern route to Pace ( tx, LA, MS, etc) that were on the witness list, which was drafted before his body was found, I agree.

They at least were on her heels if they didn't find him first. Maybe one of her associates gave up info. Hopefully we find out all of these details!

Considering all of those local police departments/ FBI along the southern route to Pace ( tx, LA, MS, etc) that were on the witness list, which was drafted before his body was found, I agree.

They at least were on her heels if they didn't find him first. Maybe one of her associates gave up info. Hopefully we find out all of these details!
bbm
Good point !
There are some 'candidates' I have in mind.
That list of associates could be a lengthy one.... :rolleyes:

I hadn't even considered the possibility of someone on the trip ratting T out.
Maybe HH?

We have so many amazing facts to learn about this case, don't we?

I don’t think anyone tipped law enforcement off to the location of Gannon’s body. For that to be the case, Florida law enforcement would have to be lying.

Gannon Stauch's body was found near Escambia River Bridge on Interstate 90 near Pace, Florida, by a Florida Department of Transportation construction crew, said Sgt. Rich Aloy of the Santa Rose County Sheriff's Office. Pace is 15 miles north of Pensacola.

Colorado boy Gannon Stauch's body found 2 months after going missing; stepmother facing new charges

@10ofRods -- do you have any theory on how LS was able to transport GS's decaying body cross-country to Florida without others in her caravan detecting that they were transporting a corpse?

I would think you would not need to see anything to know something unusual as his body was only 5-7 days old during that time we think he was transported. Did she use something when she packed GS inside the suitcase?

That's a very good question. IMO without going into a lot of detail, I think she put him in something to mask the smell.

Letecia- “Yes” , “They asked for tooth brushes.”
Al Stauch- “hmm”, “what do u think they're hiding? <<

She obviously was fishing here, and not like Luke Bryan. She wanted to see what he knew. Maybe LE told him something.

I’ve always thought this was clearly by the time that LE had already advised AS that Tee was a big time suspect and asked him to ‘string her along’, though I grant this is probably because I find this a weirdly distanced perfunctory response on Al’s part. Kind of like the response you would give someone if the speaker was fighting their desire to scream at you, and you didn’t trust yourself to remain calm. I find it oddly casual, and also surprising that Al’s mind wouldn’t leap directly to DNA.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff twitter account has not been active since around Nov 2019. Looking at the Sheriff's FB, it was a reminder that this was the beginning of COVID-19 and LE turning towards high alert emergency plans.

There were no crime posts on March 17 including that they located a body at the Escambia River Bridge. Instead, they were posting about immediately stopping fingerprint services until further notice and preparing to close the beaches (which they did on March 20).

This may explain in part the delay (and distraction) for news to reach Colorado media.

MOO

It was reported fairly quickly on the same day by North Escambia News. I've posted the link below because I re-read the article and it hasn't been changed/updated/edited since it was originally posted.

Also, WEAR TV 3 in Pensacola FL and WKRG News 5 in Mobile AL also reported the story the same day of the find.

The "juvenile male" part was reported, IIRC, on the 10 pm news that day on WEAR, but for sure in the 430 am broadcast the following morning.

The "tentative" ID as Gannon didn't come out until the 19th, as best I remember. And the positive ID came, as we all agree, on the 20th.

I live maybe 15 from where he was found, and I'm an avid news watcher.

Also, I remember be really shocked when the tentative ID was reported because I never would have thought he'd be found around here. When it was originally reported I figured it was just something local, strange with the suitcase, but local.

Also, the suitcase was never mentioned in any news broadcast around here (none that I recall), but it came up in the comment sections. I want to say I read that first on the WEAR FB page comments from one of the articles about it.

That was before and mention of the road crew worker "speaking out" so it was probably commented someone close to one of the roads crew members to have that kind of inside info.

Edited to add link
Body Found Along Road Near The Escambia River Bridge : NorthEscambia.com

That’s a damn good question, and I don’t think we’ve heard from any of her teaching colleagues.

Her teaching anything, is akin to “the blind leading the blind.”

There was this account, provided by someone who worked with TS at a seafood restaurant in 2014:

COWORKERS REMEMBER STAUCH

Christy Suggs’ intuition warned her about Stauch when the two worked together at the Giant Crab Seafood Restaurant on Myrtle Beach’s Restaurant Row in the summer of 2014.

“I never really liked her,” Suggs said from her Florida home.

Suggs, Stauch, their children and others also went to Disney World together on vacation. Suggs described Stauch on the trip as “selfish” and “self-absorbed.” Stauch ignored what her daughter wanted, demanding they do the things she wanted instead.

There was also a dinner where Suggs’ teenage daughter wanted to pay for herself. Stauch demanded to pay because she had a discount and told people how much they owed, Suggs recalled. However, the total was more than they owed even without the discount.

That led to an argument that included Stauch yelling and cursing at Suggs’ daughter.

“After we had that, I was done with her,” Suggs said.

Suggs stayed Facebook friends with Stauch and when Gannon went missing in January, the stepmom posted on social media.

“I went to work and I told them, ‘This is fishy,’” Suggs said.

Stauch often talked about being a “hero” by saving her husband from a failing marriage, Suggs said. When Gannon went missing, Suggs clung to a sliver of hope that he would be found because Stauch liked being that “hero.”

But, Suggs’ intuition knew it was unlikely that Gannon was still alive. That was confirmed with Stauch’s arrest.

“I knew it was coming,” Suggs said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article240819176.html
What kind of Mom takes her child to Disney World, and then ignores what the child wants to do, and makes them go do what Mom wants? That is so freakin selfish.

View attachment 244397

G looks underfed in this pic. Could be neglect or anxiety/sadness/depression, either can result in underfeeding.
I don't think he neccesarily looks underfed. A lot of children are naturally skinny. The majority of people in my family (siblings, my children/grandchildren, neices, nephews) all were/are thin children. However, once they stopped growing in height, weight was much easier to put on. Also, Gannon had ADHD. The side effects of the medication used to treat ADHD has been mentioned as a possible contributing factor. It could be genetics or his medication.

I don’t think anyone tipped law enforcement off to the location of Gannon’s body. For that to be the case, Florida law enforcement would have to be lying.

Gannon Stauch's body was found near Escambia River Bridge on Interstate 90 near Pace, Florida, by a Florida Department of Transportation construction crew, said Sgt. Rich Aloy of the Santa Rose County Sheriff's Office. Pace is 15 miles north of Pensacola.

Colorado boy Gannon Stauch's body found 2 months after going missing; stepmother facing new charges
It is actually very stupid to try and hide a body under a bridge with a highway on top of it. The state is going to send crews out routinely, to check around and under the bridges, inspecting for damage etc. I am glad Tee is so dumb.

Well, I don't know about everyone, but even my students can do pretty well at guessing age after one or two weeks of training/thinking about it.

Gannon was clearly not a grown man. He was actually small for his age. Even in death, it would have been obvious that his head to body ratio was not adult, or that his limbs were still quite gracile.

Age is one of the easier things to guess. I'll bet there was still hair, another clue, and probably eyelashes and some skin...
I'm not sure if your profession as an anthropologist covers this field but considering the climate in Colorado until Gannon was found in Florida, is there a scientific guage of decomposer.

What kind of Mom takes her child to Disney World, and then ignores what the child wants to do, and makes them go do what Mom wants? That is so freakin selfish.
TS, that’s who.

I’ve never agreed with the sentiment that she wore a disguise, and didn’t show her true colors until it was too late.

She didn’t fool anyone, and she wasn’t hiding who she was. It was there for everyone to see.

Self centered, volatile, and without empathy. She’s also about as subtle as a Cat 5 hurricane.

And to those around her:

Tell me you didn’t care. Tell me you looked the other way. But don’t tell me you didn’t know.

I don't think he neccesarily looks underfed. A lot of children are naturally skinny. The majority of people in my family (siblings, my children/grandchildren, neices, nephews) all were/are thin children. However, once they stopped growing in height, weight was much easier to put on. Also, Gannon had ADHD. The side effects of the medication used to treat ADHD has been mentioned as a possible contributing factor. It could be genetics or his medication.

Yeah, someone earlier wrote almost this exact same post. I realize all of these things, it’s just that it is also a possibility that he was depressed or stressed, or she just didn’t really feed him that much. I could definitely see that. I didn’t realize he was on ADHD meds tho. That alone might explain it. I guess he also looked anemic to me in that picture. I do think she neglected him however, in certain areas. Which ones, we have yet to see.

Re Petco — It’s interesting that we know she went twice and made 2 separate purchases, and yet we only know about the 3 dog coats. That must mean that the store was told to stay quiet on the other, either the first or second purchase. Really makes you wonder what she bought. Hmmm.
5048.gif

And speaking of dogs, where were her two little probably yappy dogs when all of this murdering was going on? Did neighbors hear them barking?

Last edited:
TS, that’s who.

I’ve never agreed with the sentiment that she wore a disguise, and didn’t show her true colors until it was too late.

She didn’t fool anyone, and she wasn’t hiding who she was. It was there for everyone to see.

Self centered, volatile, and without empathy. She’s also about as subtle as a Cat 5 hurricane.

And to those around her:

Tell me you didn’t care. Tell me you looked the other way. But don’t tell me you didn’t know.

Me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member