Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering all of those local police departments/ FBI along the southern route to Pace ( tx, LA, MS, etc) that were on the witness list, which was drafted before his body was found, I agree.

They at least were on her heels if they didn't find him first. Maybe one of her associates gave up info. Hopefully we find out all of these details!
Excellent point. I had not thought about that. I did not start looking more into this case until after Gannon's body was found. To much was going on with Lori Vallow at the time.

Do we know that the all of the dog coats were purchased at the same time? Or is it possible she bought some on the first visit and then more on the second?
Nothing was ever confirmed about what she bought there or when.
She was questioned about out it in the phone interview, but all she said was, 'so I'm guilty for buying dog coats?' Or something like that.

In her other interviews she seemed to avoid any mention of going to Petco altogether. All we know is that she went there twice, and that there was a two hour gap in between in which her location was unknown.

Imo

have a lot of catching up to do, one of my best friends passed away unexpectedly at the age of 35 a few days ago and its all a bit of a blur..., not covid related either

So sorry to hear this zenzen! Please take good care of yourself during this time. I understand the grief and shock as I lost a dear friend years ago, roughly the same age as your friend. In my case, she just didn't wake up one morning. You're in my prayers.

have a lot of catching up to do, one of my best friends passed away unexpectedly at the age of 35 a few days ago and its all a bit of a blur..., not covid related either

Sorry about your friend, zenzen. Also sorry it happened during covid19. Sigh... hope there will be a meaningful ceremony for everyone to celebrate your friends life. If there is, maybe you can work on something to share? Might help you deal with the loss and the blur. ((hugs))

So sorry to hear this zenzen! Please take good care of yourself during this time. I understand the grief and shock as I lost a dear friend years ago, roughly the same age as your friend. In my case, she just didn't wake up one morning. You're in my prayers.

thank you, i appreciate all the prayers i can get
sadly he also went to bed and just never woke up ...

Sorry about your friend, zenzen. Also sorry it happened during covid19. Sigh... hope there will be a meaningful ceremony for everyone to celebrate your friends life. If there is, maybe you can work on something to share? Might help you deal with the loss and the blur. ((hugs))
thanks so much and a group if his good friends are working on some ideas to honour his life and all the good he did for others.

I think she was hoping to prevent them from getting her DNA off the tissues. She has been reading a lot of True Crime forums.

I completely agree; TS belonged to some of the same True Crime forums and Blogs that I have frequented. I found her name (or variations of- including her daughter's name) in a quick search of numerous member lists. I found comments in blogs and YouTube videos. I do think she used information from some of these groups in attempt to protect herself from being arrested (or delay the inevitable). It is interesting to me that her name and comments have been removed in some of forums since her arrest. Wonder why- and who did this?
Here are some of the "copy-cat" actions I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Internet searches (can my electronic devices be tracked?)
  • Collection of tissues/cups/soda cans/utensils during interviews.
  • "Medical Emergency" during interview(s).
  • Casting blame on another individual(s).
  • Claiming blackouts during commission of a crime.
  • Social Media and MSM interviews- Tsplaining.
  • Unbelievable changing stories (Eguardo/Quincy).
  • Claims of sexual predator(s) being involved in the disappearance of a child.
  • Claims of sexual assault.
  • Leaving phone at home (possibly turning Gannon's off).
  • Using a vehicle without GPS.
  • Rental cars.
  • Using a suitcase to conceal body.
  • Cleaning of crime scene.
  • Disposing of evidence in different locations.
  • Moving body (at least twice).
  • Leaving town.
  • Relocating body to another state.
  • Claiming brutality against law enforcement.
  • Assaulting guards/law enforcement in attempt to escape confinement.
There are so many more. A few of these ideas, IMO, came directly from the support groups created specifically for TS. For someone who thought she was so smart, she really drew attention to herself. Dumb as all of the other criminals who tried using some of the same methods ^^ and got caught. Didn't work for them- didn't work for her.

*Groups/Blogs/Forums I was able to confirm her activity: K Horman, C Anothony, J.B. Ramsey, C Watts, C McKinney, Delphi murders, numerous missing persons/cold cases, Reddit, several true crime and sleuthing blogs/forums, FB pages, and YouTube comments (to include physic versions of crimes).

Nothing was ever confirmed about what she bought there or when.
She was questioned about out it in the phone interview, but all she said was, 'so I'm guilty for buying dog coats?' Or something like that.

In her other interviews she seemed to avoid any mention of going to Petco altogether. All we know is that she went there twice, and that there was a two hour gap in between in which her location was unknown.

Imo
I think she bought the 3 dog coats all together---because someone posted an ad, way back in the threads, where Petco was having a sale on doggie coats---'buy 2 get 1 free.' So I imagine she would take advantage of that price reduction.

I think her 2nd trip was because she had purposely left G's phone there, hidden somewhere. She went back to retrieve it, and maybe exchanged one of the coats for different sizes or color, just as excuse?:

she just didn’t really feed him that much. I could definitely see that. I didn’t realize he was on ADHD meds tho. I do think she neglected him however, in certain areas. Which ones, we have yet to see.

RSBM :)
While I completely agree that Gannon was (potentially) abused and/or neglected by TS, I absolutely do not believe he was intentionally starved or had food withheld. There is no way his father would have allowed it. There is no way his mother would have allowed it to happen without reporting it. By all accounts, Gannon was a happy and healthy boy prior to his murder. Sure; he may have missed his mother- but was not being treated for anxiety or depression. The only medication he was taking (per his mother, LH) was Vyvanse (for ADHD).

If someone could clarify a wondering for me, please. Would the behavior of cadaver dogs in Gannon's bedroom, along with all of the blood which was found, be enough for LE / DA to state that Gannon's bedroom is where he died?
Or, since his sweet body had been removed, would the behavior of cadaver dogs be inconsequential?
Thanks.
RIP sweet boy.
MOO

Typically takes at least 8-10 hours for cadaverine to be detectible by dogs or sensitive instruments. Since I believe she moved him within hours of his death to some outdoor location, that's where the cadaverine smell would have been detected.

I do believe they found that spot (and the bloody particle board nearby that), along with more blood evidence (Just guessing there). So putting the blood in Gannon's room together with evidence of Gannon's dead body being out in the woods someplace, they had enough to charge her.

She really did make it difficult for LE but ultimately, she was "too smart" for her own good, as obviously there's evidence in the various cars...all the way to Florida.

TS, that’s who.

I’ve never agreed with the sentiment that she wore a disguise, and didn’t show her true colors until it was too late.

She didn’t fool anyone, and she wasn’t hiding who she was. It was there for everyone to see.

Self centered, volatile, and without empathy. She’s also about as subtle as a Cat 5 hurricane.

And to those around her:

Tell me you didn’t care. Tell me you looked the other way. But don’t tell me you didn’t know.
Bolding mine.

Bumping this excellent post. ^^^

We don't know how much others knew.
And it's not like they allowed anything to occur...but the trial will be illuminating as to how much was ignored or brushed off.

As AS was away at work much of the time, LS could have reserved the worst of her treatment towards Gannon when his dad was gone.
But the other children in that house knew what was going on.
They must have talked.
You don't live with someone for 5 years and not have a clue.

So much more that could be discussed but will have to wait until the trial.
Imo.

Last edited:
Do we know that the all of the dog coats were purchased at the same time? Or is it possible she bought some on the first visit and then more on the second?

She admitted to buying dog coats, so I think it's okay to discuss. The only reason the coats came up is that one of the witnesses named in the AA went public with her information. The dog coats were purchased in the morning and LS was seen at the cash register, again, later in the day. Another employee (also named as a witness) handled that transaction and has not spoken to the public about what that transaction was.

So while anything is possible, it makes little sense for LS to buy two sets of dog coats. Except of course, she's completely crazy.

I think she was in the store for some other reason, may have shoplifted, and then perhaps even returned the dog coats (we don't know) and shoplifted some more. It's not an uncommon shoplifting strategy. If you go through the checkout, where you know you're being videoed, the employees let their guard down and do not look inside the purse or jacket pockets etc. Smallish items can be smuggled out of the store.

Like odor-controlling chemicals.

I completely agree; TS belonged to some of the same True Crime forums and Blogs that I have frequented. I found her name (or variations of- including her daughter's name) in a quick search of numerous member lists. I found comments in blogs and YouTube videos. I do think she used information from some of these groups in attempt to protect herself from being arrested (or delay the inevitable). It is interesting to me that her name and comments have been removed in some of forums since her arrest. Wonder why- and who did this?
Here are some of the "copy-cat" actions I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Internet searches (can my electronic devices be tracked?)
  • Collection of tissues/cups/soda cans/utensils during interviews.
  • "Medical Emergency" during interview(s).
  • Casting blame on another individual(s).
  • Claiming blackouts during commission of a crime.
  • Social Media and MSM interviews- Tsplaining.
  • Unbelievable changing stories (Eguardo/Quincy).
  • Claims of sexual predator(s) being involved in the disappearance of a child.
  • Claims of sexual assault.
  • Leaving phone at home (possibly turning Gannon's off).
  • Using a vehicle without GPS.
  • Rental cars.
  • Using a suitcase to conceal body.
  • Cleaning of crime scene.
  • Disposing of evidence in different locations.
  • Moving body (at least twice).
  • Leaving town.
  • Relocating body to another state.
  • Claiming brutality against law enforcement.
  • Assaulting guards/law enforcement in attempt to escape confinement.
There are so many more. A few of these ideas, IMO, came directly from the support groups created specifically for TS. For someone who thought she was so smart, she really drew attention to herself. Dumb as all of the other criminals who tried using some of the same methods ^^ and got caught. Didn't work for them- didn't work for her.

*Groups/Blogs/Forums I was able to confirm her activity: K Horman, C Anothony, J.B. Ramsey, C Watts, C McKinney, Delphi murders, numerous missing persons/cold cases, Reddit, several true crime and sleuthing blogs/forums, FB pages, and YouTube comments (to include physic versions of crimes).

Amazing post - I wish I could like it about 2o times. I'd add "Gives television interview with back to the camera." Who does that? She knew she was fleeing the state (rented a moving van) and didn't want to be recognized. She was afraid that LE would put out an APB on her and she'd be the subject of a womanhunt while attempting to get to Florida.

Her prior posts (such as on LinkedIn) about possibly living in FL are interesting. There were rumors that she had 'family' there, but I do not believe that's true and I do believe she was attempting to make contact with someone she'd met online, further south in FL than where she dumped Gannon's body. I think she actually thought she might be able to start a new life, under the radar, in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow