Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about eye glasses. Wouldn’t it be helpful if LE could walk into a crime scene and have glasses that see blood spatters. No waiting for the crime lab as they would know right away that something had happened.

If they had such a thing they would have known something was terribly out of sorts as soon as they entered Gannon's room or even before.

There are glasses for color blind people..now we need them to distinguish blood spots to show a crime scene. Is there such a thing?

I can think of a scenario where LS could have brought Gannon back into the house after their "outing" that day and nobody would have seen her do it. We know that LS backed the truck into the driveway and that the back of the truck is not visible to RD's camera. If Gannon was drugged or sick / injured enough to be almost unresponsive by that afternoon, she could have pulled over before she got home, removed him from the back seat and placed him into the bed of the pick-up truck and covered him with a tarpaulin (or, more likely, placed him in the suitcase) so that he would be hidden from view. Once in the house, she would go to the garage and remove Gannon from the bed of the pick-up by lowering the tail gait, of course. Even a camera across the street would probably not "pick up" something like that as the truck, itself would block the view of what was going on at the back of the truck. RD's camera would not record anything at all.

Although LS is brazen in many ways, I think she must have decided it was too risky to kill Gannon out along the road somewhere. She may have gotten spooked a time or two while she was out on the roads going to places she had pre-planned thinking she'd have the whole place to herself... and found she wasn't alone after all. ... Or cars kept appearing in the rearview mirror every time she'd finally gotten up her nerve enough to act and she knew her truck would "be remembered."

I think she had expected Gannon to die on his own from whatever she had done to him and, if it came to actually having to physically kill him, she preferred her own "safe and familiar," "where-I'm-always-in-charge home" to do it in. HH and little sister were no real worry for her... easy to manipulate using any number of methods of manipulation. She had to get home before Gannon's little sister arrived after school so she switched to Plan B which she had already given some thought to while Gannon probably slept in the back seat, right behind her... but just wouldn't stop breathing.

There's a very special spot for LS in a very not-so-special place.

Speculation and opinion only.
That makes a lot of sense.

I have been thinking about eye glasses. Wouldn’t it be helpful if LE could walk into a crime scene and have glasses that see blood spatters. No waiting for the crime lab as they would know right away that something had happened.

If they had such a thing they would have known something was terribly out of sorts as soon as they entered Gannon's room or even before.

There are glasses for color blind people..now we need them to distinguish blood spots to show a crime scene. Is there such a thing?

I think the problem is that many crime scenes (because of attempted cleaning) blood only appears by adding a chemical agent that reacts with the enzymes to show the pattern. I’m not sure having special glasses is scientifically possible.

And I do own colorblind glasses, what an amazing invention

They make them, but they are used in conjunction with a black light.

https://www.phillips-safety.com/2013/11/what-are-forensic-glasses/

LUMILENSE

I recall news reports emphasized the suitcase was located on the 'Santa Rosa side' of the Escambia bridge. Would that be south where map populates or the quiet side of the bridge map?

Your comment BBM. Gannon was found on the Santa Rosa side of the bridge per MSM. Below are "photos" showing where Gannon was found. "Photo 1 shows the side of the bridge he was on. "Photo #2" shows he was found between "Post 5 and 6" most likely having been dropped from the roadway above on the far side of the photo. There are also the same sort of rocks found along the roadway here. There was confusion about this before and I also chose the other side of the bridge in error. However, if you lower yourself down to the road (using Google Earth) where the photos below are located.... you will see exactly the same view from the media's photo of the police cars lining up just as the road begins to rise in preparation of the upcoming bridge... (photo #3) and where police are pulled over in media shots... (photo #4) Photo #5 shows how easy it would be to pull over at night and quickly drop the suitcase over the edge of the left hand roadway; leaving the suitcase below and between the two roadways.

A local WS member placed a memorial here after Gannon's father had a memorial placed here, as well on the side of here heading towards Pensacola... so I'm certain this is where Gannon was found.

Attachments

• GANNON FOUND.jpg
    GANNON FOUND.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 129
  • GANNON'S LOCATION.jpg
    GANNON'S LOCATION.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 143
  • ROADWAY VIEW.jpg
    ROADWAY VIEW.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 131
  • BRIDGE2.jpg
    BRIDGE2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 133
  • BRIDGE.jpg
    BRIDGE.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 108
The north quieter side. I just looked at a Santa Rosa county map and I may have had that backwards in which way I was thinking she had come across the river. There are boulders and rocks between the highway on the North side of the river too. So depending on the way she was coming across, the situation would be about the same as she crossed the river and mistakingly thought she still had water below.

Sorry if I had that backwards in describing where I thought they found the suitcase. It could have been on that northern side of the river. Im not sure now.

I just came back to read after commenting on your comment and found your new comment. Oh well, I'll leave mine up anyway... pictures are always interesting to look at imo. I did the same thing, Hatfield and so did some others way back a long time ago on the threads. It's easy enough to do imo and I used the rocks as a landmark without realizing both sides of the river highway use those rocks :) .
ETA: And, I have no good excuse as other do, because I am fairly familiar with the area :oops: !

Last edited:

There are glasses for color blind people..now we need them to distinguish blood spots to show a crime scene. Is there such a thing?[/QUOTE

That would be great but 'til then I'm happy there is Luminol and now Blue Star that lights up even when the scene appears to be clean to the naked eye.

That has to be mind bending for the Ts of the world who are so sure they thoroughly cleaned!

Your comment BBM. Gannon was found on the Santa Rosa side of the bridge per MSM. Below are "photos" showing where Gannon was found. "Photo 1 shows the side of the bridge he was on. "Photo #2" shows he was found between "Post 5 and 6" most likely having been dropped from the roadway above on the far side of the photo. There are also the same sort of rocks found along the roadway here. There was confusion about this before and I also chose the other side of the bridge in error. However, if you lower yourself down to the road (using Google Earth) where the photos below are located.... you will see exactly the same view from the media's photo of the police cars lining up just as the road begins to rise in preparation of the upcoming bridge... (photo #3) and where police are pulled over in media shots... (photo #4) Photo #5 shows how easy it would be to pull over at night and quickly drop the suitcase over the edge of the left hand roadway; leaving the suitcase below and between the two roadways.

A local WS member placed a memorial here after Gannon's father had a memorial placed here, as well on the side of here heading towards Pensacola... so I'm certain this is where Gannon was found.
Brilliant work and thanks for doing it! I had a strange notion that she had climbed down somehow and placed it among the rocks and I couldn't figure out how she had managed that..
It's much clearer now...

Brilliant work and thanks for doing it! I had a strange notion that she had climbed down somehow and placed it among the rocks and I couldn't figure out how she had managed that..
It's much clearer now...

I just had a thought about T after she throws the suitcase off the bridge and runs for the car.

She hops in and if she has a driving partner, he/she says, "Did you hear a splash?"

The only sound is T's eyes rolling back in her head.

I just came back to read after commenting on your comment and found your new comment. Oh well, I'll leave mine up anyway... pictures are always interesting to look at imo. I did the same thing, Hatfield and so did some others way back a long time ago on the threads. It's easy enough to do imo and I used the rocks as a landmark without realizing both sides of the river highway use those rocks :) .
ETA: And, I have no good excuse as other do, because I am fairly familiar with the area :oops: !
We lived in that area for 4.5 years. It’s quiet heavy traffic from 3-5 pm. And 4:30-7:30 am. This is a heavy military area. You have Pensacola NAS, Hulbert Field, Elgin AFB, Camp Rudder and a couple more. During the “off” season, you can’t find a restaurant open past 7pm. School starts at 6:30 am and released at noon. So after 7pm it’s lights out. She would have had every opportunity to have done this quietly.

Ha! Yeah, 50+ drops of blood, blood pooled under the carpet, and blood soaked through the mattress.

That’s one hell of a blister.

I think there’s a reasonable chance she backs away from the “Eguardo” story as well.

Yeah, she’ll flip the script and add a whole new cast of characters no doubt, like she did every few days before the arrest. She’s had plenty of time to think. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Good morning - this is what I understood from the link you posted earlier:

To minimize public exposure to the virus, the Video Visitation Center is currently closed, and the vendor is providing Online Visitation without the normal fees.

"Video visitation" takes place onsite at the Video Visitation Center. When you enter the El Paso County Jail campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.

All visits will be conducted over a video visitation system utilizing monitors and handsets. You will not see the inmate in person. The on-site rules posted at the link below also reference the use of a visitation booth.

Inmate Visitation

On-Line Visitation (fee-based service)

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a new way for friends, family, and professionals to visit an inmate. Starting June 1st, 2017, visitors can use a personal computer to visit from home or the office.

Online Public Visits cost $6.00 per 30-minute visit. Online Professional visits cost $6.00 but are not limited in duration. Onsite visits will continue to be available free of charge.

Visitors must have an email address to create an account online and must register prior to the visit. Visitors are encouraged to run a simple test to ensure the computer hardware is compatible.

You can schedule and conduct your visit online at IP Web Visitor.

ip-web-machine.png

IP Web Visitor© is a correctional video visitation system that allows family and professionals to visit incarcerated individuals over the internet, from the convenience of their homes or offices.

The IP Web Visitor© System is easy to use and requires no special computer skills. Visits are inexpensive, typically far less costly both in time and money, when compared to traveling to the correctional facility.

Click here to create a new account or to sign in and begin visiting.

ipWeb Visitor :: HOME

Perfect. Let her “video visit” all she wants. More ammunition for State to use at trial. Loose lips sink ships.

I just re-listened to the Court TV video and I would not be surprised if the divorce status hearing was continued.

I don't even know if LS has hired a divorce attorney yet!

There's no public defender for divorce -- she's going to have to pony up some coins here because AS made it clear in his petition that she's on her own for any attorney's fees.

I too am wondering if AS and his attorney are working with the prosecutor. I agree that they probably want to depose LS and are setting the stage to do just that.

A deposition could prove a treasure trove for all of them. We know that LS is dying to speak having lost her pedestal so many weeks ago. I don't think she's capable of invoking the 5th! MOO

TS will probably try to postpone it as long as possible so he can’t testify against her, finally buy at least one of her stories, and of course give her the much-anticipated apology.

Someone on here posted that a billboard near there said “Divorce.” I wonder if she saw it before she dumped the suitcase there.

We lived in that area for 4.5 years. It’s quiet heavy traffic from 3-5 pm. And 4:30-7:30 am. This is a heavy military area. You have Pensacola NAS, Hulbert Field, Elgin AFB, Camp Rudder and a couple more. During the “off” season, you can’t find a restaurant open past 7pm. School starts at 6:30 am and released at noon. So after 7pm it’s lights out. She would have had every opportunity to have done this quietly.

Great info, thanks. She may have been familiar with that area too. Pensacola was one of the cities she was searching online. Pretty sure it was a job search.

Does anyone know if AS ever official adopted HH? And if not why? Isn’t that a common thing people do after 5 years of marriage if the child’s bio-father is deceased?
Adoption records are sealed so that wouldn't be something that would have been reported in MSM. So the only people that would know are HH or AS or other family members and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab