Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason to discount fire is that it leaves a strong smoke odor on anyone near the fire. The smoke would likely be in SM's long hair as well as clothes - which would be noticeable to others she interacted with Monday evening, imo.

Plus, I don't see how she would have time.

jmo
Also, it would have been seen or smelled during a burn, even from a distance. And anyone who starts a fire like that in Colorado is asking for an out of control burn very quickly, and lighting up God knows what. There are also severe penalties for fire starters in this state, and then to be caught with a body? Plus it takes a long time to destroy a body with fire. There was no time. Fire just makes no sense.

She’s his stepmother and not once mentioned feeling any sense of guilt or responsibility when she was in charge of taking care of Gannon and now he’s missing.
^^smb
You jest!! The interview was all about how she's due a public apology, and not concern for GS that left his house for an unknown location to visit an unknown friend (and a runaway). MOO

I should have clarified my post. I don’t think this is a likely scenario due to time constraints and availability of resources. I was searching online for times when law enforcement has used the forensic tool of “sifting snow” for evidence addressing the thread’s current topic . The linked article popped up as the only reference I could find. I apologize I wrote a post offending Gannon’s family, friends and online supporters. This wasn’t my intent. I’m trying to help.
You ARE helping, you are tracking wonderfully.
Every possibility must be looked at- all are gruesome.
Every last one.
Nobody is sharing thoughts and ideas in an effort to create fear *advertiser censored* or sensationalism.
We look at everything, the most obvious to the most outrageous because we have no clue what the truth is, only a fair good idea that little child suffered horribly.
And, truth be told, had whoever taken him had access to a wood mashing machine and the skill to use one, it would be an excellent disposal method.
And we know nothing of the skills, associations or memberships of the person who stole this child.
The sky is still the limit in terms of possibilities. JMO

Theories. Based on the assumption that TS is the perpetrator, when I think about what may have happened, I try to order my thoughts two ways:
TS alone and TS with help. And then which series of events could actually have happened based on time, physics, or "believability".

TS alone would be unable to do many of the things that have been suggested.
Fact: We know she was gone on Monday between 10 and 2.
Assumed: She left with GS and came home without him - from what we can see second-hand on the video.
Assumed: There is no relevant video before or after this time frame.
We don't know what she did for those four hours - did she do or plan something days before (premeditated) or days later (covering tracks)?
We don't know that anything over the weekend caused her to do something to GS. Is it believable that she went hiking with the kids the day before she killed him? Would she kill her stepson over a ruined carpet? Over something he said ("I hate you", "I'm gonna tell")? Or is she actually a sociopath who was triggered by a child's behavior?
--Could she have killed him during that four hour time period?
--Is it possible to dispose of a child's body within four hours in such a way that he has not been found after three weeks?
--Is she capable of killing her stepson, e.g., using a rifle/bow&arrow/running him over/poisoning/pushing off a cliff?
--If she tossed anything out of her truck window [on 105], consider the rate of speed and the direction in which the item(s) may have traveled and where they could have landed. She could not have tossed a body out of a moving vehicle: if she was driving, if there was someone behind her, if she was alone.
--Could she have carried a limp or dead 90 pound body up a trail? Not likely during midday on a Monday, not to a place where he was out of view, or where someone driving by would not see her.
--Could she have used a duffel? Yes. But if she dumped that, and someone saw her, they'd likely investigate the duffel. Curiosity and also, littering.
--Is it believable that if this was spontaneous that she had multiple burner phones, a plan, and means of disposal?

TS with help would be able to do all of the things that have been suggested.
TS alone meets with second party during the fours hours, and second party continues on with GS, and either keeps him or kills him. That opens the speculation to location and method, however gruesome. She's then available to push the runaway idea and say she did not hurt him and he is not dead. Did someone ask her about an accomplice?
Second party could be a family member, a paid stranger, a friend, or a lover.
Time frame becomes irrelevant. Second party is under the radar and has unlimited time.
Believability goes up: If she didn't kill him, she is not lying.
SAR team activity: she could still have thrown things out of the truck window as a decoy trail.

Just MOO

I’ve given thought as to why the ‘tool’ was mentioned so closely to the ‘gate’ narrative in her statement. Is it possible Gannon felt so responsible (or made to take responsibility) for the carpet removal that he went searching for tools to help or she told him to go find something.Is it possible he was told to carry carpet remnants to truck via path of backyard gate?

I've been reading this sifting with great interest. No idea what they're looking for but muddled thoughts:

I wonder if these pieces were a whole that was smashed by a snowplow. Rather than something smashed before it was potentially thrown out of a vehicle window. Smashed things have tendencies to move around, stick to vehicles, drift back into vehicles, unless they're contained in a package of some sort. Jmo

This is way down at the bottom since they have updated it with the most recent information.

“News5 spoke with Al Stauch who explained he was out of town over the weekend for training with the National Guard “
https://www.koaa.com/search-continues-for-missing-11-year-old-boy-in-el-paso-county
Pretty sure he would be in a lot of hot water if he wasn't where he was supposed to be,when he was supposed to be there. Especially in a case like this. MP's Could get involved, possible court Martial, discharge papers drawn up in short order. MOO

Are we absolutely positive it was Gannon in that video getting into the truck? Could it have been his sister dressed in his clothing?

My opinion?

No. For me, that's a bridge too far.

Here's why:

TS reported GS missing early that evening.

He said he was going to a friend's house some time between 3:15 and 4, and never came home, according to her.

She led LE to characterize him as a runaway.

That's the narrative she was pitching.

That tells me she never intended to be caught on camera leaving with him in that truck.

That, along with the fact that she didn't offer any info up about that truck ride until the video surfaced. And then she felt like she had to say something to explain away that video.

Crafting some elaborate ruse whereby she dresses up sister in GS's clothing doesn't make any sense given her story that he was last seen leaving to go to a friend's house.

If his little sister had been dressed up in GS's clothing, you'd better believe she would have told her Mom and Dad about it...so there's that, too.

I'm 100% convinced that was GS in that neighbor's video.

JMO.

Last edited:
it’s all as matter of time before an arrest but i suspect the da weighed in on that earlier in the case... they might needed one more piece of evidence, maybe that’s why we’re witnessing such an up- paced search, with sifting

what of the alleged person with whom gs was supposed to have left ... no word on location attempts of that individual

as if there was one

Are we absolutely positive it was Gannon in that video getting into the truck? Could it have been his sister dressed in his clothing?

I'm rethinking my original response to this in regards to Dad reportedly being moved to tears upon seeing the video. It is my opinion that there is more that one video, and I don't believe we've been privvy to the one that may have caused his severe reaction.

I also think the timeline originally reported is way off and we will all be surprised when LE wraps up their investigation and releases the true facts. I wish we could discuss so much more here. IMO he was disposed of Sunday evening.

Question that's been bothering me. Let's say a shovel was possibly used in discarding his body or evidence. Wouldn't the ground be way too hard for something like that?

I don’t know why, but today, more than any other day, everytime I refresh my screen I expect to see the words HE’S BEEN FOUND from one of you.
Maybe it’s because sheriff hasn’t updated twitter yet and I’m just hoping that’s their next update.

EPCSheriff (@EPCSheriff) on Twitter

How insane is it, that I refresh websleuths every 5 minutes and check twitter all day waiting for a new update. :(

Sorry, can't seem to post without double posting. It's like the post reply button gets stuck and just keeps sending. I don't know how to fix it!
I think it's a site issue. Happens often. For me mainly it's my like button. I have to hit it at times 5-6 times for it to stick. Then I give up and try again on later posts.

He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift.

What do LEGO tables and the flower pot have to do with anything? She may be using this as additional validation to reinforce the tool theory as to why Gannon could have blood in the garage. She further included this sentence in her statement for a specific purpose.imo Why?

MOO

I just don't think TS had enough time to do something nefarious to Gannon's body. The best she could have done, please forgive me, is dumped his body somewhere quickly.

Unless, there is another party that is involved with this.

If that's the case then other theories can be advanced but at this point, I'm not there.

At best, I think a quick disposal was undertaken.

Again, JMO

it’s all as matter of time before an arrest but i suspect the da weighed in on that earlier in the case... they might needed one more piece of evidence, maybe that’s why we’re witnessing such an up- paced search, with sifting

what of the alleged person with whom gs was supposed to have left ... no word on location attempts of that individual

as if there was one
Yes, they are likely taking the time to search for and piece together every bit of evidence they can find to ensure a conviction. It's just a matter of time.
Someone out there should be very worried at this point. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member