Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has been one of my biggest hang ups!! Would she take a bullet?? If so why not just lie & own the act! I think the dynamic & strength of their relationship is key in making that determination, one that we have limited knowledge of & the circumstances surrounding that can’t be discussed here.
I was wondering if the minor daughter has questioned TS what happened and if TS told her the truth, how would she handle that info.

All I know is the investigation was delayed as a direct result of TS's lies. In the Chris Watts case, LE had almost immediate access to the house and it made made all the difference.

Perhaps that petition in the name of Gannon can include mandating the missing child's home to be regarded as a crime scene.
they have had access to this house also...the biggest obstacle with this case is the amount of time SM has been allowed to roam the streets and possibly speak to a attorney and you know they have all advised her to keep her mouth shut and don't speak to LE with out a attorney present so there wont be no confession like there was with Chris Watts cause she has had plenty of time to figure out what NOT to do!!

He would not be carrying it carelessly in open air and not protected if it were evidence.

These are used at crime scenes to mark evidence. They typically have have some number on them.

He was not carrying it 'carelessly'. He was gloved and held it in brown paper.
It possibly held fingerprints, already lifted and bagged, in which case air would not adversely affect it.

All I know is the investigation was delayed as a direct result of TS's lies. In the Chris Watts case, LE had almost immediate access to the house and it made made all the difference.

Perhaps that petition in the name of Gannon can include mandating the missing child's home to be regarded as a crime scene.

BBM.

I understand what you are saying. But I'm reminded of that old adage "hard cases make bad law." A one-size fits all law may not be the best solution.
JMO

MOO

I think LE knows pretty much everything except they have been unable to find Gannon. They will find him, of this I am certain. I believe there is a concerted determination on the part of LE to find Gannon and to ensure justice for our sweet boy. When a child goes missing, or is hurt, or murdered, do not underestimate the emotion that drives LE. If you think we want the guilty punished, they want it more. They're going to find Gannon.

I think they could arrest the guiltee party right now if they wanted to, however, I believe they want to nail that person to the wall so tightly that there is absolutely NO WIGGLE ROOM. Whenever that arrest happens it will be swift and it will be ironclad.

No deals are going to happen here. Whoever disappeared Gannon is going to pay a severe price for their actions. This might be the first time that manipulation, lies, gaslighting, denial, and distraction have not worked in their favour. We all saw through the chaos and misdirection. We all saw it immediately.

When all is said and done, those that did this, will wish they never crossed paths with Dan May.

MOO
Amen!!! Excellent post!!

IIRC this was the case the father/step-father? gave an interview to the MSM on the couch of the home, when she was deceased in the loft of the same home?
Truly unthinkable the kinds of horrible things parents/step-parents can do to their own kids.

That's the one. Such a sad case and horrible to think what people do.

I think that whole petition thing is well intentioned, but a bad idea.

If every missing kid under 13 is “endangered,” then the classification means nothing over time.

Everyone pays attention to an Amber Alert, as they are not used all that frequently.

Second to that, is “missing endangered.”

So you’re triggering an automatic response that has the potential to both unnecessarily overwhelm law enforcement, and lessen the psychological impact of of hearing that phrase (people taking it seriously).

In the vast majority of cases, you have kids running away for a short period of time, or more commonly, there is some miscommunication.

So I don’t just think this is a bad idea, but I think if implemented, it could have unintended consequences. It’s a knee jerk, emotional reaction to a tragic situation.

It wouldn’t have saved Gannon anyways.

I’m not saying there aren’t perhaps things that could have been done better here, or that should be changed going forward. But the time for that is when you have all the facts.

We’re nowhere close to that.

No doubt. I suppose they could try to use it in negotiations but her attorney would understand it wasn’t really in play.

It is unlikely that a Death Row inmate will be executed, lets accept that as fact. But the Death Penalty remains a powerful bargaining chip as it can have a direct effect on the inmates quality of life. In this case, it might just be the only chip to locate Gannon.

I think that whole petition thing is well intentioned, but a bad idea.... So you’re triggering an automatic response that has the potential to both unnecessarily overwhelm law enforcement, and lessen the psychological impact of of hearing that phrase (people taking it seriously).
In the vast majority of cases, you have kids running away for a short period of time, or more commonly, there is some miscommunication.

So I don’t just think this is a bad idea, but I think if implemented, it could have unintended consequences. It’s a knee jerk, emotional reaction to a tragic situation.

It wouldn’t have saved Gannon anyways.

I’m not saying there aren’t perhaps things that could have been done better here, or that should be changed going forward. But the time for that is when you have all the facts. We’re nowhere close to that.

MassGuy, I agree with you on every point! My statement was made without any rational thought and it was fueled by my outrage toward the SM's obstructive behavior. I am sorry :(

MassGuy, I agree with you on every point! My statement was made without any rational thought and it was fueled by my outrage toward the SM's obstructive behavior. I am sorry :(
Ha! Don’t apologize for your opinion. I was just using your post to respond to what those people are trying to do.

I think every case comes with a petition for something now.

bbm
Do you know if the basement level has a door to the outside, leading to the yard? Yes, Gannon's bedroom is on the basement level. TS reported she was working out when he left to go to a friend's house - also basement level.
One wonders... what does that mean, "working out", how? Treadmill? Yoga? Kick-boxing?

I have not seen an exit from the basement that leads directly to the outside of the house... doesn't mean there isn't but I didn't see any in pictures I've seen.

Typically the reporters post an update when the troops are leaving the home. They haven’t posted an update since the vans backed into the driveway, except to show the brown evidence paper that was being taken inside.

I wonder if they are saving the footage for the evening news/nightly news. Why else would they not still be posting updates as LE goes in and out of the home?
Moo

Please forgive the lengthy post. I’m just pondering the unbelievable bad luck for the Step-mom in this situation. What a terrible string of coincidences.

Imagine this is you :

1. You are the last one to see him alive. The day your step-son decides to run away is a day that he doesn’t go to school. That alone is bad luck. He vanishes without a trace while in your care. Unlucky. No one comes forward with anything showing him leaving on foot, despite all of the neighborhood cameras.
  2. Your story of the day he left seems to be in question. You forget to mention anything about your day with him on Monday until about a week later, and only then after a video is released showing you leaving together on Monday. You had previously mentioned a Sunday hike, as if that was his last public appearance. That is odd, because there was no reason to believe that at the time, yet it has turned out to be accurate after weeks of investigation.
  3. A video surfaced showing him leaving with you on a trip that was previously not disclosed. After 4 hours, you return home within an hour or two of when he went missing. This is the worst luck ever. The video seems to show that you went on a long outing with your sick kid that day and yet there are no witnesses of him...for four hours. That makes you look super shifty. Unlucky.
  4. He does not appear on the return video of that trip. Of all the luck- he gets out on the wrong side of the truck making it appear that he didn’t return-with only one black pixel in a grainy video to make your case that he was there as a shadow. Bad luck for sure.
  5. The neighbor tells media about your husband’s reaction to the video. He is quoted by Tom Mustin of Denver 7 News as saying your ex-husband saw the footage, cried and said he knew you were lying. Why would he says that? How unlucky to have your husband react that way (allegedly).
  6. Blood. Oh no. There’s more. You had to get out in front of this one...there is probably blood in the garage because he cut his foot on Saturday. That’s bad news, and there also might be blood on the edge of your car where you bandaged his foot. What are the odds of that? A missing kid with fresh blood at the house? In any given year, everyone with kids can probably count the times their suburban kid’s blood is in the house on one hand (geez, I hope so, anyhow). Super unlucky to have that happen right before he goes missing.
  7. No signs of him after the return from the outing. Even though you returned anywhere from one to two hrs before he ran away, no one saw him then, either. No kids coming back from school when he ran away. Nothing in that time frame. He’s just gone. What the heck? How much bad luck can you have?
  8. You are not a people person. Desperate to set the record straight amidst accusations, you agree to a video where you screw up and, by many people’s accounting, you don’t show any concern for him at all. You just have bad people skills and no one trusts you when you say anything. That’s bad luck, too, because you seem like a narcissist and narcissists do bad things.

9. The police change his status and don’t look for outsiders. You were the one who made the mistake of reporting him as a runaway. Then, in a later statement, you suggest that perhaps he was abducted, which actually causes the tight-lipped police department to respond that there is no threat to the community. Hmmm. That’s unlucky. How would they know that?

There are many more instances of further bad luck that the main stream media has not yet reported that I am not supposed to even mention here. I have NEVER seen such a string of coincidences and bad luck for an innocent person.

It is almost unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member