Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did T leave the truck at the rental agency for two days? I think that was the purpose right there. She didn't want anyone near that truck. Maybe she cleaned the inside earlier that morning and it needed time to dry out.

MOO.
Leigh, the interviewer, added something (here) not in the article. She said that stepmom said she drove her own car to the airport and left it there. It's upthread, but many pages back.

—-SPECULATING... JMO!! Could it have happened that...
SM gets rental car, starts a fight so she can leave, and does just that. She is panicked, because her neighbors are asking too many questions she can’t answer. She decides she needs to move the body, so she drives the rental with GS possibly 430-900+ miles. If she both rented and returned the car from the C Springs airport, go with the lower number. If it was returned elsewhere and the mileage is correct she could have gone as far as 900 miles. She could have taken a bus back, had someone follow her out and ride back with them, flown back??
This link shows where she could have gone...
Distance Calculator - How far is it from Colorado Springs – Colorado – USA...

Here’s how car rentals work with respect to fuel:

— you can prepay, at a reasonable price per gallon. However, you are charged for a full tank, even if you return the car 1/2 full.

— you fill the car yourself, within a certain mile range from the rental return, and aren’t charged for fuel. FYI, ideally keep the receipt

— you don’t fill the car yourself, haven’t prepurchased the fuel, and are charged to refuel. In those cases, the cost per gallon IS approximately $10 per gallon.

Based on the fuel surcharged, she returned the car near empty. To figure out the mileage driven, multiply the MPG of that model times the tank capacity.

Who blacked out the return location, Tee or the reporter? That would tell whether she drove a maximum one way, or a round-trip to return to the same location. Given that there isn’t a one-way drop fee, my guess is she returned it to COS.
There was one article that said LEO impounded a rental at the CS airport. So she had to have returned it there right?

Of course not. Only LE can confirm that And if it's useful to them, the DA will use it at trial. But since Budget has stated publicly that it only uses tracking when a car disappears, that does imply that it has tracking right?

Why do you think nobody was in the home? It doesn't seem to me that TS left until the Marshall Incident day. And AS was still there off and on even after searching began. TS says that LH and AS are living in the house.

Sure, she had the car until Wednesday. I firmly believe that the tech that Budget (and all major rental companies) have on their cars includes a way of tracking where a car goes when law enforcement comes knocking.

You’re correct, there’s no way without breaking TOS to say how long LH or AS or anyone else was there. At minimum we know that LS and HH weren’t there after Thursday based on her backwards interview, it’s possible she was still there until Wednesday.

I am speculating it’s possible she caused a fight in order to give herself some alone time in that rental without anyone questioning where she was. I am also hoping there was a way to track her anyway. I’m hopeful based on your response that LE has that capability.

moo

Did T leave the truck at the rental agency for two days? I think that was the purpose right there. She didn't want anyone near that truck. Maybe she cleaned the inside earlier that morning and it needed time to dry out.

MOO.
She said she left her car I think and that the truck was never taken to airport.

Maybe LE is looking for missing items in local searches and scrounging the house for proof GS was injured or worse. Maybe hoping to keep busy with that until GS is found elsewhere? Just brainstorming.

I'm not sure we know the answer to that question. All we have is Tee stating that she's not allowed in the house and had no clothes or underwear. Whether AS kicked her out or she left of her own accord remains to be determined. Unless I've missed something in MSM that indicates something different. Anyone?

No one is ever going to report on the intimate details of why and how TS left the house. Her statements are likely to be all that we ever hear. My inference is that she had to leave rapidly and the way I understand TS from her many SM statements and MSM statements is that it wasn't her choice to leave the way she did (AS owes her an apology; she didn't have her things with her; the trip to Marshall's to replace said things turned out very stressful as, already, LE had a warrant to impound vehicles, etc., etc)

You can read it however you want, but IME, the fact that AS and LH stayed in the house and TS left abruptly (and was almost immediately contacted by LE) speaks volumes.

I have no clue what 'of her own accord' could even mean to this woman.

BBM.

True. But if it really had 5 miles on the odometer to start (yeah, right) there couldn't be a previous renter I wouldn't think. It's been pointed out (by @NuttMegg I think) that the odometer could have been turned back. But if so, that means the records are pretty worthless.
JMO

I believe it was Ferris Bueller who learned that you cannot turn odometers back...

IMO The whole rental car seems hinky to me. I mean okay she said that they didn't want Gannon to run from the family car (weird but okay let's go with that) because he would be scared of being in trouble. But why spend $100 + on a rental when you could ask someone to borrow their car because YOUR SON RAN AWAY! I can't imagine that they don't have friends or even family members in the area that would let them borrow a car to look for your son. It seems hinky is all I am saying.

Not sure how that's the case.

When I rent cars with my Hertz membership card, they do not check the odometer, they just roll it over. It's faster. No one walks out to the parking lot, sometimes they give me a slip to sign if I see any damage, but the idea is that with unlimited in-state mileage, the car is good to go. They vacuum it and turn it over within minutes.

That's at LAX. DIA is similar.

Stepmom herself publicly referred to being interviewed by LE.

IMO, such a discussion topic (as presented) would not hurt the investigation since it is common practice for LE to interview last-seen-by individuals which, by the way, are considered as "persons of interest" since they may provide potentially useful knowledge.

TS has not been officially publicly named as one. That's odd? No. That's LE attempting to avoid a potential "rush to judgement" defense argument.

It has been mentioned in MSM at least once
Missing boy's stepmother slams El Paso County Sheriff's Office, claims rights violated

The stepmother of a missing Colorado Springs-area boy claimed in an interview with KKTV Friday that the El Paso County Sheriff's Office violated her constitutional rights w............

It was in MSM. She spoke about it herself in her interviews. Discussed being 'held' without food and water, 'violating' her constitutional rights...
drama.gif

To clarify my original response, I meant more that I haven’t seen anything reported in MSM (including “her own words” in MSM) about any questioning being “a few times, for many hours, quite extensively,” so that seemed like something only an insider or someone getting the info from other sources (e.g., FB groups, SM, etc.) would know. Of course we’d all assume she’s been questioned at least once, as I’m sure all family members would be per SOP, that wasn’t the part I was questioning. Carry on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff