Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I rent cars with my Hertz membership card, they do not check the odometer, they just roll it over. It's faster. No one walks out to the parking lot, sometimes they give me a slip to sign if I see any damage, but the idea is that with unlimited in-state mileage, the car is good to go. They vacuum it and turn it over within minutes.

That's at LAX. DIA is similar.

Where is that quote from? Part 2? Or someplace else?

Given that this plan would have left tons of cadaverine for dogs to sniff and given that the rental car is in LE possession, I think she would have been arrested by now if true. I think that would have been a way bigger break than the video. I also think LE has the coordinates of where that car went, just like all insurance companies can get if they think you misused the car in anyway.

She rents the car around 8 am on Tuesday, so no going "door to door" (let's face it, one would walk to go door to door,

Cadaverine. LE is not lazy and they are not dumb. They impounded that car weeks ago. They had dogs go over it. There would be other forensics (body fluids, DNA, etc, etc) DNA would provide the fastest route to determining whether Gannon had been in that car, then cadaverine sensing would provide the clues as to whether he was dead.

It would have been really stupid to do and LE has to know she did it. If they know she did and there's a reason why they haven't arrested her (for transporting a dead child!) I'd be surprised. It's possible that they are waiting for her to lead them directly to the body.

But if they know she used a particular car to transport his dead body, I think she'd be behind bars. I truly truly do.

It would compromise the entire case, IMO, if they didn't act at that point.
Just to play the advocate... Maybe the dogs hit on the car but they aren’t confident a jury would convict without a body? Maybe they don’t have enough evidence yet to prove he is deceased by any other method to strengthen the possible dog alert?
Edited to correct typos

“He left Saturday night to fly out of the Denver Airport with a family member who had a red eye fly and he had an early morning flight.”

1) So a family member drove him to Denver airport.
2) The family member had a "Red eye fly"
2) And AS had an early morning flight.

I haven't even heard of them having family members in the area?

Um - Let me say it is FAR more likely he drove said family member

Given that this plan would have left tons of cadaverine for dogs to sniff and given that the rental car is in LE possession, I think she would have been arrested by now if true. I think that would have been a way bigger break than the video. I also think LE has the coordinates of where that car went, just like all insurance companies can get if they think you misused the car in anyway.

She rents the car around 8 am on Tuesday, so no going "door to door" (let's face it, one would walk to go door to door,

Cadaverine. LE is not lazy and they are not dumb. They impounded that car weeks ago. They had dogs go over it. There would be other forensics (body fluids, DNA, etc, etc) DNA would provide the fastest route to determining whether Gannon had been in that car, then cadaverine sensing would provide the clues as to whether he was dead.

It would have been really stupid to do and LE has to know she did it. If they know she did and there's a reason why they haven't arrested her (for transporting a dead child!) I'd be surprised. It's possible that they are waiting for her to lead them directly to the body.

But if they know she used a particular car to transport his dead body, I think she'd be behind bars. I truly truly do.

It was from interview 2 from today.

I'm thinking that would have to be in the said family member's rental car, since we know he didn't take his truck or TS's car. I was going to say maybe Uber, but I see they live over an hour away from DEN, so that doesn't seem feasible.

I agree, it seems such a circumstance would require immediate action, but maybe not in this case? LE might have a different plan in dealing with such a personality they see with TS. Allow her freedom to simmer and keep on chatting up in SM and in 'exclusive interviews'. Note: the ultimate goal is to locate GS.

If she did end his life in any one of those vehicles and transported him even briefly I believe she would be locked up by now. I'm still going with Gannon met his cruel fate at some point when they left in the red truck. The rental car means something. In my mind she used it to discard evidence and possibly check on where she left him. IMO subject to change.

No it wouldn't compromise the case. They are BUILDING a case. And letting her loose lips seal the deal.
They are probably also waiting for her to leak where the body is.
If she's arrested then she shuts up. If she's out roaming in the wild then has freedom to go and talk and do sl the things that might lead them to Gannon.
I promise she's a gift to any investigator.

Just need to comment. I rented a car, first time in my life, for a loonngg road trip, about 17 days. I reserved it for about 14 days, it took way longer to drive home than I thought. Anyway I kept calling rental company to assure them I was returning the car. While I was anxious, thinking LE will be after me any minute, the rental agency didn't seem to care at all. I'm assuming because there was GPS on it and could track the trip.

Tecia Stauch added that she has wanted to help search for Gannon since the beginning. However, she feels that the searches have been ineffective because instead of focusing on the boy, she said the focus has been on following her GPS.

“From my interview, I told them where I went. I’m sure they verified it with my watch. On top of that, my own Volskwagen car has Car-Net in it. I think what they did what looked at anywhere where I might have went from the day before and after I went to the airport.”

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that LE would like to verify her travels with her wrist watch, but that it somehow flew out the car window and into the snow. jmo, moo

To clarify my original response, I meant more that I haven’t seen anything reported in MSM (including “her own words” in MSM) about any questioning being “a few times, for many hours, quite extensively,” so that seemed like something only an insider or someone getting the info from other sources (e.g., FB groups, SM, etc.) would know. Of course we’d all assume she’s been questioned at least once, as I’m sure all family members would be per SOP, that wasn’t the part I was questioning. Carry on :)

The reason I think there might be communication between TS and LE is because she keeps heading them off at the pass by doing her “news media interviews” right before LE is organizing a new search. Taking that opportunity to presplain why they are searching a certain location. I'm also starting to doubt myself about her not being very smart or cunning. I'm starting to see that she is sly like a fox. Maybe I have underestimated her ability to completely confuse everyone. She has certainly made a tangled web of a mess for this investigation. JMO

Maybe, but not in his own truck, which stayed at home. So maybe he drove the vehicle of the family member. With the family member in it, but I'd drive my own car if I was giving someone a ride. Do we know that they have family members in the area?

It doesn't really say that he was with her when she rented the car, just that they left the airport together in the rented car.

"That morning, Stauch said she picked up her husband at the Colorado Springs airport; both left the airport in the rental car, she claimed."

Do we know what time his flight got in?

"CrimeOnline viewed a Budget Rental receipt and confirmation number that indicated a white Kia Rio sedan was rented from the Colorado Springs airport at 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020, under Tecia Stauch’s name. The car was returned the following day at 1:20 p.m."

Also, how exactly did Al and the family member get to the airport if he didn't take his pickup?

"Stauch said that her husband’s truck was never at the airport, apparently disputing an online rumor. She explained that Stauch left for work with a family member to the airport and never drove or parked his truck there."

“He left Saturday night to fly out of the Denver Airport with a family member who had a red eye fly and he had an early morning flight.”

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]
Thank you for this link, @lilithblue! I'm an entire thread behind. I've been backtracking from posts until I got here. So this is part 2 of LS's latest interview? Does she ever shut up? Well, apart from discussing where Gannon is anyway. Off to catch up, thanks again!

I was hoping LE would find Gannon today.

I have been thinking about the Lacy Peterson case. Scott killed her on Christmas Eve but he wasn’t charged until Easter Friday. They kept watching him go back to the scene of the crime. They thought Laci and Connor were in the Bay but they were hampered until the bodies, or a part of their bodies, washed up on shore and they immediately arrested Scott. If you recall, he was on his way to Mexico, had dyed his hair, had lots of cash and LE even believes he was going to kidnap or kill his mistress.

Of course LE is watching her every move and she won’t get away with this. Her day will come. Chasing her? You bet they are.

I wonder what time dad left on Saturday night? What time did Gannon cut his foot on Saturday? Was there a reason LS did not drive dad to the airport so her and the kids could see him leave? Just wondering what the family mood was on Saturday,maybe Sundays hike was a front to say " look everyone's having fun and happy" all jmo

Would like to see this confirmed by another party. I am studying psychology not psychiatry (so I will never prescribe drugs), but they did require me to take pharmacology classes so I could better identify possible addiction or drug interaction issues. As a result, I know there are a few different meds that could be prescribed for ADHD. Some don’t have a high OD rate, but it is possible to OD if someone administered too much of the wrong one. I am less aware of what kind of meds would be prescribed for IBS. But combining too much of two meds is also dangerous. Anyone else know anything about IBS meds?

Hi @FlamingJane... Psych Nurse Practitioner here... most likely med class Gannon would have been prescribed is a stimulant. Likely long‐acting like Adderall XR, Ritalin XR, Concerta, Focalin etc. There is also Strattera and Wellbutrin that could have been prescribed, but less likely. They are often utilized if there is comorbid depression. Guanfacine or clonidine are alpha-2 agonists which are also often prescribed for core symptoms of ADHD.

Regarding lethality.... OD on a prescription stimulant is rarely fatal but signs and symptoms of OD may include confusion, coma, convulsions, arrhythmias, and circulatory collapse. Work in hospital on psych consult service and have not seen a serious OD on stimilant medication. Wellbutrin can be dangerous in OD as it can lead to seizure activity. We see that quite a bit. A fatal OD on Strattera is unlikely. There are no reported cases in the literature as far as i know. Guanfacine and clonidine in OD can lead to drowsiness, lethargy, slow heart rate, and low blood pressure. Now combining meds in an OD is much more dangerous in general...

Don't know about IBS meds. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

I have not posted much but check every day if our Gannon was found... Yesterday, i even thought I saw Gannon in a store... of course it wasn't him. But think of him a lot... actually all the time.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member