Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping LE would find Gannon today.

I have been thinking about the Lacy Peterson case. Scott killed her on Christmas Eve but he wasn’t charged until Easter Friday. They kept watching him go back to the scene of the crime. They thought Laci and Connor were in the Bay but they were hampered until the bodies, or a part of their bodies, washed up on shore and they immediately arrested Scott. If you recall, he was on his way to Mexico, had dyed his hair, had lots of cash and LE even believes he was going to kidnap or kill his mistress.

Of course LE is watching her every move and she won’t get away with this. Her day will come. Chasing her? You bet they are.

Yes she has that same personality that he does. Those kinds of people you have to let them dig their hole. Because they WILL.

Maybe, but not in his own truck, which stayed at home. So maybe he drove the vehicle of the family member. With the family member in it, but I'd drive my own car if I was giving someone a ride. Do we know that they have family members in the area?
I am going to guess that the family member was just visiting and then flying back home....

I think its completely possible the dogs hit on one of the vehicles. That would be exactly the kind of evidence they would not release right now - imagine if LE were ever premature or incorrect in publicising such a finding, major credibility fail. As to whether a cadavarine hit would tip them over the edge into making an arrest, with the profile they have for SM i.e. being a narcissist they may conclude it doesn't add much to what they have in terms of making a confession more likely.

Maybe, but not in his own truck, which stayed at home. So maybe he drove the vehicle of the family member. With the family member in it, but I'd drive my own car if I was giving someone a ride. Do we know that they have family members in the area?
Maybe family member had a rental? And he rode with them to airport.

I'm not sure why folks are freaked out over the 5 miles. It was obvi a brand new car.
What is there suspicious about a 2020 car having only 5 miles.
They are delivered to the rental companies and car lots BRAND NEW with very little mileage.

I'm not sure we know what year the car was. But even if it was a 2020, the 2020 Kia Rio was available for purchase in late August 2019. That doesn't mean Budget couldn't have bought some later on. But for me, seeing 5 miles to start on the odometer in late January for an airport rental made me think something might be hinky.

The 'feeling' I had regarding this morning's planned/then postponed/then implemented search was clearly off-target, as I was expecting a 'find' event (not necessarily GS). Who knows, maybe LE did locate something and it's close-to-the-vest.

We'll see.

Where is that quote from? Part 2? Or someplace else?

Given that this plan would have left tons of cadaverine for dogs to sniff and given that the rental car is in LE possession, I think she would have been arrested by now if true. I think that would have been a way bigger break than the video. I also think LE has the coordinates of where that car went, just like all insurance companies can get if they think you misused the car in anyway.

She rents the car around 8 am on Tuesday, so no going "door to door" (let's face it, one would walk to go door to door,

Cadaverine. LE is not lazy and they are not dumb. They impounded that car weeks ago. They had dogs go over it. There would be other forensics (body fluids, DNA, etc, etc) DNA would provide the fastest route to determining whether Gannon had been in that car, then cadaverine sensing would provide the clues as to whether he was dead.

It would have been really stupid to do and LE has to know she did it. If they know she did and there's a reason why they haven't arrested her (for transporting a dead child!) I'd be surprised. It's possible that they are waiting for her to lead them directly to the body.

But if they know she used a particular car to transport his dead body, I think she'd be behind bars. I truly truly do.

It would compromise the entire case, IMO, if they didn't act at that point.

True, but Casey Anthony's car had every piece of proof that their was a dead body in her car and she was never charged with murder until 4 months later when they felt they gathered enough evidence to go forth without the body at that time. The charges before that were lying to police and I think child neglect. Not sure why TS hasnt at least got charged for lying yet.

I have been thinking about the Lacy Peterson case. Scott killed her on Christmas Eve but he wasn’t charged until Easter Friday. They kept watching him go back to the scene of the crime. They thought Laci and Connor were in the Bay but they were hampered until the bodies, or a part of their bodies, washed up on shore and they immediately arrested Scott. If you recall, he was on his way to Mexico, had dyed his hair, had lots of cash and LE even believes he was going to kidnap or kill his mistress.

Of course LE is watching her every move and she won’t get away with this. Her day will come. Chasing her? You bet they are.
Great point

Tecia Stauch added that she has wanted to help search for Gannon since the beginning. However, she feels that the searches have been ineffective because instead of focusing on the boy, she said the focus has been on following her GPS.

“From my interview, I told them where I went. I’m sure they verified it with my watch. On top of that, my own Volskwagen car has Car-Net in it. I think what they did what looked at anywhere where I might have went from the day before and after I went to the airport.”

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that LE would like to verify her travels with her wrist watch, but that it somehow flew out the car window and into the snow. jmo, moo
And her wording about the timeline (aside from her bad grammar)...the day Gannon was last seen is now just the day before she went to the airport?

How maternal and missing child-centric.

Statement Analysts would say her comment about them chasing her (she said something else similar) would mean Gannon tried to get away from her.
- You know when POIs keep touching their throats (for strangulation) or their faces (for smothering)

Okay. I get it now. Obviously I don't rent cars much! I do remember being with someone who had (who wouldn't refill it) and watching as the car was refilled with gas in the rental company's back lot. Guess it's not done that way anymore.

I'd expect more detailed info on the receipt re: the number of gallons needed to fill it up since 8/8 of an 11.9 tank isn't the same amt of gas as 8/8 of a 14.9 tank. But I guess it's not done that way.

That's exactly how it was done in this case - Budget refilled it and charged them about $10 a gallon to do so. That's why many people try to refill right before they enter the rental lot. Typically if it's above 7/8th they just take the car back and don't charge you (although sometimes they do charge for a top off).

The number of gallons is reflected in the amount they charge you. Unless they say they are going to also communicate the odometer to you (which they don't usually do with unlimited mileage), they just stick the nozzle in the car and fill it - and charge you whatever you agreed to pay. Why would a rental car agency do more work than they agreed to? (IMO, they are very unlikely to do any of us any favors).

You agree to the rate (and many places have a big sign upon return telling you exactly what that rate is, sans taxes of course).

Hello, I'm new, a long time lurker! This case has just been so unusual and so sad, as all missing cases are.

I wonder why, since she paid a 2 day rental rate, she didn't just keep the car until the next morning? She could have put another 955 miles on it lol, only kidding, I think that's an error, but LE should be able to figure out her actual mileage by finding out what the odometer reading was when the last renter returned it.

Well, given that she had to drive 100 miles to drop off, perhaps she tried to get there on time and couldn't? Maybe she couldn't do it the next day? At any rate she sure wasn't thinking about cost right then.

Tonight’s livestream has been postponed to 11pm EST. The topic du jour is “WTF: What The Flip! A mixed bag of crazy stories” Join in. We promise Boo won’t actually steal your soul... This time. Websleuths Radio Podcast
This is inaccurate
Boo will most certainly steal your soul and your heart, he got mine every night. #verified.

I wish we did know
An unofficial sm report upon googling finds one of the FindGannon search organizing neighborhood groups reporting his emergency flight arrival of between 11:30 am -12:30 pm Tuesday. Regretfully can't verify as fact or even link due to TOS here.

Last edited:
BBM.

True. But if it really had 5 miles on the odometer to start (yeah, right) there couldn't be a previous renter I wouldn't think. It's been pointed out (by @NuttMegg I think) that the odometer could have been turned back. But if so, that means the records are pretty worthless.
JMO

My car has 3 odometers. It's not even that new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff