Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would of course speak to the person who was last with Gannon. She has not been arrested and would be free to leave an Interview at any time. I am sure they asked some hard questions. I can only imagine her answers. She likely just got up and left when she felt cornered.

I am not sure of that and how can we be sure of anything ?

If she did kill him, she may have convinced herself she didn’t, in which case she won’t confess, even if she was liable to do so, which I doubt. I think when a child is killed, the killer admits it almost at once, or never.

I am not confident of a trial if he is not found...having trouble thinking of many, if any, such trials involving a child. Whereas I can think of many cases when no one has ever been charged while the child remains missing. It is shocking that Kyron has been missing for ten years now, and Haleigh Cummimgs even longer...jmo.

See, we can’t believe anything she says. I never pay attention to anything she says. She only says nonsense. So again I ask - why has LE not interviewed her yet?

Because if they had interviewed her, based on the voluminous nonsense she has spewed, she would never have left police custody. So something is wrong.
They’ve definitely interviewed her.

During the first press conference, a reporter asked if it was true that the stepmom has been uncooperative.

This question was given the run-around, but the implication was yes.

She echoed that in her tv interview, saying that her constitutional rights were violated, and they wouldn’t let her leave. She also complained about not being granted an attorney, because she claimed she didn’t understand the questions they asked.

Probably hard questions, like “where the hell is Gannon?”

Super complicated stuff.

In the statement she released, she talked about the “first interview,” which implied that there were multiple.

Things started moving after they first talked to her, so I think they caught her in provable lies (giving them probable cause).

That’s not enough for an arrest though.

They’ve definitely interviewed her.

During the first press conference, a reporter asked if it was true that the stepmom has been uncooperative.

This question was given the run-around, but the implication was yes.

She echoed that in her tv interview, saying that her constitutional rights were violated, and they wouldn’t let her leave. She also complained about not being granted an attorney, because she claimed she didn’t understand the questions they asked.

Probably hard questions, like “where the hell is Gannon?”

Super complicated stuff.

In the statement she released, she talked about the “first interview,” which implied that there were multiple.

Things started moving after they first talked to her, so I think they caught her in provable lies (giving them probable cause).

That’s not enough for an arrest though.

But it is enough to do what ? Search a home she once lived in with consent of the owner ? They don’t need probable cause to do that. They need it for arrest. So what did they do with their probable cause ?

A reporter’s hemming and hawing out an answer is also not evidence.

If she did kill him, she may have convinced herself she didn’t, in which case she won’t confess, even if she was liable to do so, which I doubt. I think when a child is killed, the killer admits it almost at once, or never.

I am not confident of a trial if he is not found...having trouble thinking of many, if any, such trials involving a child. Whereas I can think of many cases when no one has ever been charged while the child remains missing. It is shocking that Kyron has been missing for ten years now, and Haleigh Cummimgs even longer...jmo.
Respect your expertise, looks like you've been sleuthing for a while, but I keep thinking that the snow is melting and they will find Gannon.

But it is enough to do what ? Search a home she once lived in with consent of the owner ? They don’t need probable cause to do that. They need it for arrest. So what did they do with their probable cause ?
They would need a search warrant to search that home, regardless of her husband allowing it. If they wanted to seize items of hers, they would obtain one.

Probable cause would have allowed for search warrants involving her devices, her phone records, her vehicle, her bank records, and probably several other things.

How do you know they have ? Would they have given her a pass for a solid month after what we have all heard ? Where is the solid interrogation skill that would have resulted in her arrest ?

I would have broken her by now.

IMO, I’m confident LE has talked to her, probably several times. She’s most likely digging her heels in.

What skill would you use to break her by now?

Respect your expertise, looks like you've been sleuthing for a while, but I keep thinking that the snow is melting and they will find Gannon.

I always thought they would find Kyron...can’t believe they haven’t in a decade. Now, if he ever is found, and was near the school all along, not sure how they can determine that the stepmother must have done it, as it was an “open” day at the school. And they seem to search in that area regularly over the years.

If Gannon IS found by accident, for example, the location will determine whether or not the stepmother could have been responsible, imo. I mean, what if he is eventually found hundreds of miles away? That would change everything.

I have been thinking about this case so much. We really don’t know much, but if some of what we believe is in fact true (he didn’t return that day and she lied about lots of different things), I feel I could convict on some charges based on his absence and her lies and behavior and whereabouts (which I assume will be proven to be highly suspect). I think it is possible I could convict on murder with no body, again, assuming some of the things we believe are true. There’s doubt, but none of it is reasonable (bc surveillance would show kidnapping or runaway and therefore those alternative hypotheses can be excluded/are unreasonable doubts). And trust me, I am typically pro-defense.

I am not sure of that and how can we be sure of anything ?

We don't all have the same "certainty glasses" on. You might not be able to believe any of the MSM or LE information. Personally, I do think TS encountered the police, I do think the cars were impounded, I do think they interrogated her and that she didn't like it, and I do think she walked out (probably more than once). I also think that since she apparently can't afford and apparently doesn't have a lawyer, that she gets tired of their repeated requests for more interviews and that's when she makes "statements"

She's trying to avoid actually going to HQ, and LE knows that if they do arrest her, she will not be answering questions.

They would need a search warrant to search that home, regardless of her husband allowing it. If they wanted to seize items of hers, they would obtain one.

Probable cause would have allowed for search warrants involving her devices, her phone records, her vehicle, her bank records, and probably several other things.

Ok what do you think is going to happen ? And how soon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_M_U