Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think you could be both upstairs and downstairs in the same minute. I can put something in the microwave for a minute and make a tour of my house (which is larger than hers) in that minute.

Exactly. My (similar to ADT) service often has me in 3 rooms within a 1 minute timestamp. It, like ADT, only records by the minute and if I get caught by 2 or 3 sensors within 1 minute, then it looks like there are more people in the house. Trust me, I'm not even that fast. What I think we see from the ADT shots is a woman who is quickly moving around the house. Her watch will probably give the same data. Hahhah!

Will you all help me think this through?

I know sometimes we tend to develop elaborate ideas about what happened. Like it’s been suggested that maybe TS went out and purposefully bought poison or laced his drinks with eye drops or scouted disposal spots or dug a hole ahead of time. And to be fair, I sometimes think along the same lines. Like I was thinking she may have overdosed him on meds on purpose (still a possibility).

But I have been thinking today that when a female guardian is charged with a criminal act toward a child, in many cases (definitely not all), it is learned she was in an unhealthy place (mentally, emotionally) and more or less reaches a breaking point and does something impulsive to the kids.

As a result, I’ve been considering today whether it’s more likely that Gannon was legitimately sick or accidentally injured in an impulsive breakdown like this. But because of her unhealthy state, or possible resentment toward him, TS simply didn’t believe him that he needed medical attention. Or she feared involving medical staff (mandatory reporters of abuse) would turn bad for her. So maybe she didn’t set out to kill him, but failed to act to help him as his condition was worsening. Maybe she was telling herself he was faking.

But by the time she realized he needed help, her efforts to get meds were too little too late. She hoped the medicine would somehow turn things around and drove him around waiting to see if the meds would kick in. But maybe when they didn’t, he either died or went unconscious and she dumped him. Or she started to panic because she knew there was no scenario where she’d be able to avoid being held responsible for neglect or participation in the injury, so she made an in the moment decision to harm him (like dumping a sick kid off a cliff like someone mentioned).

To me, that is more likely than poison or her beating a child to death with a weapon. But I wanted to ask for your opinions, knowing that whatever we think is most likely, it doesn’t rule out that this case could also be an exception where the most unlikely things prove true.

This is the crux of the whole case right here. A parent/step-parent who is innocent, even if guilty of lax parenting which contributed to the disappearance of a child, would put/keep the child at the forefront, IMO. TS is neither publicly begging for Gannon's return in a meaningful way or remaining silent to protect the investigation. The glaring lack of unity with the bio-parents is another concern. Even if the relationships were historically difficult, people unite in these circumstances and again, put the concern for the child ahead of anything else.

TS has given us information which dovetails with the search locations. Now we know why these areas are of note to LE. I'm hoping EPCSD has solid information which could lead to an arrest, whether Gannon is found or not.
@Knox, you are exactly right!! I just want to throw this in there ...
"Decent people unite in these circumstances and again, put the concern for the child ahead of anything else"!!
This speaks volumes about the souls of AS and LH (Gannon's parents). Their press conference was absolutely gut-wrenching. I am glad they had each other.

I’m ‘sure’ that since she now claims she parked on the street that Monday afternoon at the very least ONE neighbor.. out of, what, 6 who have cameras that show the area.. has clear-as day-footage of our sweet boy walking up the driveway & into the house... piece of pie! o_O

I know sometimes we tend to develop elaborate ideas about what happened. Like it’s been suggested that maybe TS went out and purposefully bought poison or laced his drinks with eye drops or scouted disposal spots or dug a hole ahead of time. And to be fair, I sometimes think along the same lines. Like I was thinking she may have overdosed him on meds on purpose (still a possibility).

But I have been thinking today that when a female guardian is charged with a criminal act toward a child, in many cases (definitely not all), it is learned she was in an unhealthy place (mentally, emotionally) and more or less reaches a breaking point and does something impulsive to the kids.

As a result, I’ve been considering today whether it’s more likely that Gannon was legitimately sick or accidentally injured in an impulsive breakdown like this. But because of her unhealthy state, or possible resentment toward him, TS simply didn’t believe him that he needed medical attention. Or she feared involving medical staff (mandatory reporters of abuse) would turn bad for her. So maybe she didn’t set out to kill him, but failed to act to help him as his condition was worsening. Maybe she was telling herself he was faking.

But by the time she realized he needed help, her efforts to get meds were too little too late. She hoped the medicine would somehow turn things around and drove him around waiting to see if the meds would kick in. But maybe when they didn’t, he either died or went unconscious and she dumped him. Or she started to panic because she knew there was no scenario where she’d be able to avoid being held responsible for neglect or participation in the injury, so she made an in the moment decision to harm him (like dumping a sick kid off a cliff like someone mentioned).

To me, that is more likely than poison or her beating a child to death with a weapon. But I wanted to ask for your opinions, knowing that whatever we think is most likely, it doesn’t rule out that this case could also be an exception where the most unlikely things prove true.

IMO

She left her phone at home. That tells me she knew exactly what that drive was about.

JMO

If I could speak directly to Tee, this is probably what I'd say.

None of us (us being random Internet people) KNOWS what happened to Gannon or whether you're involved.

But the truth is, none of us matter. Talking to journalists, crime sites, or random people on the internet isn't helping you or anyone else. It's like talking to the wind.

If you DID something, you need to shut the actual F up and engage with an attorney. If you DIDN'T, well, same thing at this point.

To a lot of people out here, it looks like you did. It's going to affect you for the rest of your life. The internet is filling up with nasty speculation and it never goes away. The more you stir the pot, the more garbage comes to the top. If you didn't do anything, and he is never found, you will be looked on with suspicion for the rest of your life. It will affect your ability to get and keep a job, friends, social activities, everything. You won't be able to be seen in public without being recognized.

Your window of opportunity for attaining the best possible outcome is dwindling. Do you want to be the next Terri Horman?

But I have been thinking today that when a female guardian is charged with a criminal act toward a child, in many cases (definitely not all, it is learned she was in an unhealthy place (mentally, emotionally) and more or less reaches a breaking point and does something impulsive to the kids.

As a result, I’ve been considering today whether it’s more likely that Gannon was legitimately sick or accidentally injured In an impulsive breakdown like this. But because of her unhealthy state, or possible resentment toward him, TS simply didn’t believe him that he needed medical attention. Or she feared involving medical staff (mandatory reporters of abuse) would turn bad for her. So maybe she didn’t set out to kill him, but failed to act to help him as his condition was worsening. Maybe she was telling herself he was faking.

But by the time she realized he needed help, her efforts to get meds were too little too late. She hoped the medicine would somehow turn things around and drove him around waiting to see if the meds would kick in. But maybe when they didn’t, he either died and she dumped him. Or she started to panic because she knew there was no scenario where she’d be able to avoid being held responsible for neglect or participation in the injury, so she made an in the moment decision to harm him (like dumping a sick kid off a cliff like someone mentioned).

I think it's entirely possible the situation got away from her and she did whatever she thought she had to do (get rid of the evidence, Gannon) to cover it up. I agree she would have avoided taking him to the doctor either to hide abuse or because she thought he was faking.

It's difficult for me to imagine what she did to him in the end, but leaving him somewhere to die or pushing him off a cliff both seem possible. But yes, I think this was impulsive.

Then I think of all the other cases and wonder if maybe she planned the whole thing for weeks.

People can be awful.

I feel the same... she is like a geyser of poo with a smidgen of confetti mixed in and since the interview was conducted Monday & not released until Thursday I have a feeling LE is being VERY calculating in their movements & decisions. So it just seems much more purposeful today.

I do wonder if LE isn't asking her about this stuff before she responds to the media?

I actually leave room for this possibility too. I think it’s **more likely** if he wasn’t caught on camera, that he never returned home. But I acknowledge LE “could” be protecting some info and it is possible he returned home at some point, and even was caught on video doing so. I just think it’s a much less likely scenario given what we know. But like DocStetson has said, we don’t know what we don’t know. If and when LE makes more info public, we will all probably adjust our theories.
I agree 100% LE is wise not to release any further information than what is necessary. Any leak will go viral and they know it. I think the parents are the only ones showing restraint. My heart aches for them.

Again, I don’t think it’s likely he returns home. But I just have to acknowledge it’s possible because I can think of normal, routine reasons it could happen that way at our house.

We have a camera that captures our driveway, for instance, and it has a motion sensor. I look at the clips it takes regularly. Sometimes, after school, when my kids and I get out of the car, the camera’s captured clip (which records a specified length of time after motion is detected) only catches me getting out of the car and going inside. It doesn’t catch my kids going inside because they are on their devices and have to take a minute to gather their stuff up and get out. And by then the camera stops recording. This probably happens once or twice a week with us.

My oldest son who is Gannon’s age has seen the neighbor boy playing as we drive into the neighborhood and has asked to be let out to play with him. He has also got out of the car to get the mail or bring the trash can in from the road. All of these are reasons I could appear on camera and he might not, but we could all ultimately end up inside the house.

I’m not at all saying that’s what happened here. I don’t personally think there’s any indication G is in the truck at that point - period. I am just saying if I can imagine some possible routine, logical explanations it isn’t airtight.

BUT—and here’s the big but—even if Gannon did return and, let’s say, he even is seen on camera later in the day, I *still* think the stepmom has some responsibility for whatever happened to him because of her behaviors since he went missing. Her nervous chatter which unnecessarily brings up vomit, blood, diarrhea, and so on? That is the rambling of someone who feels guilty for something and believes they owe the world an explanation for their choices.
I agree with you. I believe she sis something to him, even if it was years of verbal abuse. She has guilt when she speaks.

Here’s another question I have.

We all know Gannon got into the truck. Even though some (the neighbor even) suggested he was sluggish, he wasn’t noticeably falling over, bandaged, or visibly bleeding that we could see. (Obviously, I acknowledge his clothes could’ve been concealing injuries though.)

But let’s say when he left he was likely still very functional even if impaired in some unknown way. If we believe he never returned, which most of us do, then that means the murder scene—if there is one—is somewhere off site.

But LE seems to have visited the house many times and has removed evidence there. And TS herself has led us to believe vomit, diarrhea, and blood may be found in or around the house. So that seems to suggest the house could be the crime scene. Do any of you think LE is holding back some info and they know G returned and suspect he was killed at the house and his body was removed? Or do you think the bodily evidence gathered at the house is going to point to ongoing abuse of some kind? Sickness?

Meaning if we think he died and was disposed of off site, how do we reconcile all the evidence gathering and bodily fluids at the house?

I guess it's irrelevant now, whether or not Gannon got out of the car that is, since TS claims she didn't park in the driveway on return from her 'shopping trip' with Gannon and that piece of video footage is from another time!!!! Oh My!!!!
MOO
Agree.
But she is breaking down, dont think anything she says can be taken at face value.
MOO if the RD truck footage was motion detected and uploaded to xfinity it still is the factual camera record of events 1/27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member