Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much has been said, and re-said, and I missed some pages (because this isn't the only thing I do!). And I know we are down to weary reiteration, I'm tired of reading it and yet I can't stop. But am I the only one who thinks, watching the security video, that Gannon didNOT want to climb in that truck? Just breaks my heart....

We have no idea where exactly law enforcement is on this, but their actions are telling.

Crime scene personnel have spent hours at that house, and the DA was there a couple days ago.

A neighbor’s security camera captured Gannon leaving with his stepmother, and never returning to the house. This effectively destroyed the timeline she provided.

They are playing this very close to the vest, and have yet to name anyone a suspect or person of interest.

According to the stepmom (in her interview), they not only suspect a crime, but suspect her.

I think that’s one of the only true things she has said.
To add to this well-rounded rundown on the current events - the case is currently still being considered a 'missing/endangered child' case and not a criminal investigation, per LE...at the moment.

Correct and LE does not have to be truthful with the public during an investigation. JMO
Correct. But the OP had asked for a rundown, and I thought it was an important piece to add, as they had asked if there was a POI. I do not for one nanosecond believe that this is anything OTHER than a criminal investigation.

If she did, her daughter will talk. If her daughter talks, SM is in huge trouble.
Long time lurker on here, but this case hits close to home on several points. But, it’s mainly in regards to SM’s interview and her comments towards her teenaged daughter, seemingly in an attempt to try dragging her further into the situation. It reminded me so very much of my ex-husband’s behavior. He is an extreme narcissistic, pathological liar. Over a decade ago, our 2 children witnessed a fairly violent incident that he was involved in. Afterwards, he went to great lengths to attempt to confuse and discredit them. Even to this day (over 10 years later), he still tries to assert, “That never happened. You don’t remember things correctly. Someone fed you that story,” etc., etc. People with those personality defects will frequently try to talk witnesses and/or victims in never-ending circles to the point that they start to, at most, question their own sanity. And, at least, question their own memories of events. They also frequently try to intimidate people into lying for them: Even when you have caught them “dead to rights” in a lie, they’ll come up with a laundry list of lies to explain the other lies away. It’s a toxic cycle. Unfortunately, I worry that IF SM’s teenaged daughter has any valuable information, it likely won’t come to light until after/if/when SM is arrested, and her daughter feels that she is safe from retaliation.

Imagine his guilt. He has a heavier burden than the BM. He left Gannon with SM and that means he did not take any complaints from Gannon (or BM) very seriously. No blame - those are known fraught relationships with a new wife, especially with an affair involved, and I am also sure he had zero idea what she was capable of. But still....

Strife between step parents and step children are so common it’s almost expected. Especially in the first years of the new marriage. Many families work through these issues over time and in the vast majority of cases where they don’t, no one disappears. No one dies. While physical abuse is more common for step children, it’s not the norm and far more common among step fathers than step mothers.

If Dad ignored evidence Gannon was being physically abused by his step mother, then he should indeed be kicking himself right now.

However, it’s quite possible there were no prior signs of abuse (especially if this was triggered by recent relationship issues), and in that case bio Dad is a victim too. Even still, he will probably beat himself up for the rest of his life for bringing the monster into his son’s life and “not knowing”. He doesn’t need total strangers blaming him too.
With the exception of one article I found, studies agree step children are at greater risk of physical abuse than children living with both biological parents. And step fathers are more likely to abuse than step mothers. But published statistics vary widely, and studies I’ve found all have at least one significant flaw (selection bias, sample size, etc.). Here are links to several:

Child Abuse and Father Figures: Which Kind of Families Are Safest to Grow Up In? | National Center for Health Research

Child abuse is 40 times more likely when single parents find new partners

Parenting in the Real World: Shocking Statistics

Children killed by genetic parents versus stepparents - ScienceDirect

I understand that. The question was Where did the info come from; FB comments, MSM, where? The point I am making is it was on the flyer. JMOO I don’t have FB. I saw it on the flyer. MOO

I have just been back and checked my saved FB messages from LS. It was her that had originally posted that he had searched "can parents find me if my phone is off" and that is why she says it was classed as a runaway case. There was also a post from her neighbour as well saying exactly the same thing that she posted with the permission of LS. So not credible MSM sources for any of this as far as I can see anyway.

Long time lurker on here, but this case hits close to home on several points. But, it’s mainly in regards to SM’s interview and her comments towards her teenaged daughter, seemingly in an attempt to try dragging her further into the situation. It reminded me so very much of my ex-husband’s behavior. He is an extreme narcissistic, pathological liar. Over a decade ago, our 2 children witnessed a fairly violent incident that he was involved in. Afterwards, he went to great lengths to attempt to confuse and discredit them. Even to this day (over 10 years later), he still tries to assert, “That never happened. You don’t remember things correctly. Someone fed you that story,” etc., etc. People with those personality defects will frequently try to talk witnesses and/or victims in never-ending circles to the point that they start to, at most, question their own sanity. And, at least, question their own memories of events. They also frequently try to intimidate people into lying for them: Even when you have caught them “dead to rights” in a lie, they’ll come up with a laundry list of lies to explain the other lies away. It’s a toxic cycle. Unfortunately, I worry that IF SM’s teenaged daughter has any valuable information, it likely won’t come to light until after/if/when SM is arrested, and her daughter feels that she is safe from retaliation.

Very nice first post! Welcome to Websleuths posting. :)

I just want to say something about the bolded. You aren't the only person I have seen saying this, so this isn't directly at you.
This whole idea that he WASN'T involved in raising his kids because he was in the service is BS. Back in the 80s, yes it was harder with being away, but now with technology is is actually very easy to be "there", yes even when training or deployed. I was deployed to Afghanistan twice. Both times, unless I was on mission that kept me away from a computer/phone/MWR I talked to my child almost every single day. In training after we got "off" I would skype/facetime. I know some jobs are different, most you have access to the technologies to keep in constant touch with your families. Just because he was in the National Guard and occasionally had training in no way means he was not there to parent or just ignored what was happening around him. Yes, services members do spend time away from their families, but it is rare for them to also be away from ways technologies that won't allow them to help parent.
Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now

No, don't apologize. I'm sorry for making a blanket statement on long distance parenting. I think I should have clarified that I was suggesting that AS was a submissive parent at home, and distance made it easier to remove himself from the drama and responsibility. Regardless of where he worked - that wasn't even something I was thinking of, just that when he was gone, he was relieved not to be involved.

I have just been back and checked my saved FB messages from LS. It was her that had originally posted that he had searched "can parents find me if my phone is off" and that is why she says it was classed as a runaway case. There was also a post from her neighbour as well saying exactly the same thing that she posted with the permission of LS. So not credible MSM sources for any of this as far as I can see anyway.
So basically, LS made the flyer & we all know what that means.:rolleyes: NONE of it is credible. What a damn mess!
Thank you for explaining that. Hard to follow some of this stuff when I don’t have FB. MOO

Something really grabbed from the Timeline.Someone posted. But I can't copy and paste just one part of it,and now I can't find it. It's something AS said,about what TS told him about Gannon visiting a friend. It's like he had zero idea Gannon was 'going to visit his friend that day'. However when you listen to TS's version she sure makes it sound like he knew, " as if Gannon actually contacted AS to ask if he could go.
From the way RD explains how AS reacted to surveillance footage. I'm going with what AS said. "She lied" it's probably why she said in her interview that she couldn't get into the Details. Well Hello. The Devil's in the details.
MOO

Last edited:
Not familiar w/that case. Could someone give a nutshell version of what happened to Kyron?

snipped from wiki:

Kyron Richard Horman (born September 9, 2002) is an American boy who disappeared from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, on June 4, 2010, after attending a science fair.[2] Local and state police, along with the FBI, conducted an exhaustive search for Horman and launched a criminal investigation, but have not uncovered any significant information regarding the child's whereabouts.[3] His disappearance sparked the largest criminal investigation in Oregon history. As of 2020, his whereabouts remain unknown.[4]

I'm just putting some questions out there to ponder. Somethings do seem amiss about this case.

1. If GS was sick, to miss school...did he go to a doctor? Did he call a nurse line? Although health information is protected by HIPAA, Bio-parents can request this information.
2. Where was GS's phone when he departed the house when GS and SM left that morning in the truck? Was it left at the house? Did it travel with him? Was it turned off/on?
3. If it did depart the house with GS that morning, did it return when the video shows that SM returned?
4. When there was a alleged search on the phone...when exactly did that search happen? Was it during the day? Was it before he allegedly left for a friends house? What did the SM say to make law enforcement believe he was a runaway, especially if he told her he was "going to a friends"?
5. Does the truck have a GPS? If so, where did the GPS say the truck traveled to that Monday? Does the SS car have a GPS? Did the GPS track on that vehicle on that Monday? If so, where to?
6. Were these vehicles impounded?
7. Did SM have her phone with her when she departed on Monday? When she returned? Was it turned off at any time during the day?

I hope this little guy is found soon. Sending prayers to the family.

Welcome to WS Noel. Be prepared to rarely log out. Group discussion is a trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth