Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote @sillybilly ’s earlier post:

“Speculation must be based on some fact that is known in the case. There is nothing to substantiate that Gannon is a victim of child trafficking, so we don't want the thread to take off in that direction without MSM or something from LE to indicate it is a possibility. It most certainly does happen in the USA, but there is nothing in Gannon's case at this time to indicate it is either a possibility or a probability.”

Or they're very close and want an airtight case. If they have eyes on her 24/7 and aren't worried about losing her/her running, they may be making sure they is no way they can lose the case. The way this case has played out and the amount of attention it has received I couldn't imagine the backlash if they jumped the gun and that caused her to get off either free or something like 2 years.
MOO

I want justice. So I hope she doesn’t kill herself.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office investigation continued today in the Lorson Ranch area. To date, we have received 324 tips. Pertinent info on this case will be put out as the investigation allows. Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com bit.ly/2Svv1gE

EPCSheriff on Twitter
BBM Warwick7

"Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office investigation continued today in the Lorson Ranch area. Deputies re-canvassed Gannon's neighborhood and spoke with neighbors. We did this in a systematic approach to ensure all residents have been interviewed because some may have been away at the time of the initial canvassing. Those who are in the immediate vicinity of an incident may have useful information to provide.

We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. Through the course of this investigation, we follow leads and tips until those are exhausted. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him back home.

To date, we have received 324 tips. Any pertinent information on this case will be put out as the investigation allows. We will continue to share even the smallest update in this case..."

Sleuthing family is not permitted here, according to the rules. :)

I'm not sleuthing the family whatsoever. It's in the MSM that she lives in another state and that both of her bio kids live in Colo with their dad.

Also edited to add that wrt the info I was asking about her current situation, I was asking about msm or her own statements.

Last edited:
So much to say about that poster:

1. Why all three on there with SM taking center stage, as people have noted?

2. The “sick” in quotation marks seems snarky. Like she’s trying to pretend Gannon lied to stay home. It casts him as a liar. I don’t like it.

3. She (I’m going to assume SM made the posters) states that the search on his phone is why he’s listed as a runaway. But apparently the policy in CO is that missing preteens are listed as runaways UNTIL evidence disproves that. So it’s very interesting that SM felt it necessary to highlight that fake search. (Fake IMO).

4. Was that photo the last taken of Gannon? Like a “proof of life” photo? “Look how happy and well cared for by ME he is!” If so, look at those eyes behind the glasses. If what happened to him was premeditated, man. Scary and evil.

YESSSSSS!!

My husband and I have watched the surveillance video many times on our large TV tonight. We just really think someone is in the back of the pick up truck when she pulls away with Gannon. It looks empty initially, but after she backs up to the garage and then pulls away... once the truck makes that left hand turn on the road it really looks like someone sits up and moves. MOO

MOO when the truck turns it does look like someone.

MOO When the truck is parked there is a tall thin thing in the back right by the cab. It is still when parked but apparently loose and and she turns the thing goes down and then returns back up halfway. See what you think, and though it looks like a person in the turn, to me its that same object which is upright while truck is parked.

Jmo but why does LE always tell the public how many tips they receive? I can’t imagine that the majority, if not nearly all so-called tips in these cases are of any use...as I learned from working tip lines in the past...but I always hope that if anyone knows anything real, they would get themselves to the police station or try to contact a detective directly...tips can get lost in the shuffle...jmo.

Was I dreaming this or actually heard it? When the TS interview first came out I swore she said her and her family were up late making the posters and flyers. Now every time I watch the video there is no mention. Does anyone else remember her saying this? Could it have been edited out?
I’ve watched it several times and don’t recall hearing that. I just remember her saying that she and her family had been searching.

My husband and I have watched the surveillance video many times on our large TV tonight. We just really think someone is in the back of the pick up truck when she pulls away with Gannon. It looks empty initially, but after she backs up to the garage and then pulls away... once the truck makes that left hand turn on the road it really looks like someone sits up and moves. MOO

I viewed the video on my laptop and thought it was Gannon rolling in the back at first! After reading comments realized I was looking in the wrong place...haha. Quality was terrible!, but I did see what you're describing also. Hubby's watching TV now but tomorrow I'm going to watch the video from youtube on my 72" and see if the quality is a tad better!

I'm not sleuthing the family whatsoever. It's in the MSM that she lives in another state and that both of her bio kids live in Colo with their dad.
You specifically asked a question about the bio-mom's personal life. That's what I was responding to. i.e., your question can't be answered without sleuthing family because the answer hasn't been mentioned at all in MSM.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Last edited:
If I’m understanding correctly detectives can have a person of interest without releasing this information to the public. Basically under wraps.
Kyron Horman’s stepmom was the last person to see him. That lady’s still free and still walking the streets. Not sure if LE announced if she was a person of interest.
Thanks gitani1 for clearing that up.

That’s true. In other words even if they hadn’t said it I would believe they not have a POI, they have a suspect.

Jmo but why does LE always tell the public how many tips they receive? I can’t imagine that the majority, if not nearly all so-called tips in these cases are of any use...as I learned from working tip lines in the past...but I always hope that if anyone knows anything real, they would get themselves to the police station or try to contact a detective directly...tips can get lost in the shuffle...jmo.
I think that's one reason they don't reveal too much information and they warn against SM rumors.

I doubt tips get lost in the shuffle. LE is required to follow through with every tip and then decide whether or not it's a worthwhile lead. The public is asked to call them into a specific tipline.

I think they always tell the public how many tips they have so they can give people an idea of how the investigation is going. That's my best guess. Actually my only guess.

Jmo

EBM fix typos
The PIO talked about that in a press conference the other day. She said they have to log them all on a spreadsheet, consult with others to determine if it’s a viable lead for follow ups so it’s extremely time consuming. She used an example that one “tip” was submitted that said “check all the trunks in town”. Of course it was not something to work, but they still needed to log it. I completely see the need for this. I think they tell us the numbers so we know what they are dealing with. They also remind us that the rumors on social media is hindering them. IMO the armchair detectives need to cool it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member