CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that photo of the Gannon in his bed, there's a structure on his nightstand. Birdhouse? Church?

Does anyone recall seeing that in subsequent photos? I suppose there was cast off spatter on just about everything in that corner.

Sickening to think she probably grabbed his hockey stick or a baseball bat....

It would almost be better if she had been insane.

Selfish, self-absorbed, reckless, cruel ... is not insane.

It's just not human.

Jmo

Had an emergency. Just got here.
Was LS in court?

Yes, but kind of tucked away in a corner with only the top of her head visible behind a computer screen. She stood when the jury came in, was wearing a mostly white outfit (looked kind of like sweats) and her hair is quite long.

Her attorneys stood apart from her, but right before everyone sat down, the one nearest her patted her on the shoulder briefly, remembering how he had been told in law school to humanize his defendant. IMO.

Defense basically said she's crazy.

Why? Lots of good criminal defense attorneys. Lots of prosecutors that overcharge/false charges etc. We NEED good criminal defense attorneys.

People hate on them until they need one.

At the end of the day, guy is only doing his job. His client is trash (jmo) he can't force her to plead guilty - he has to wing something. Not like she left him much to work with.

Plus we have only heard openings - I'm going to reserve my thoughts on them until we get further along. (And yes I thought opening was terrible).
I've never once heard a criminal defense attorney show any respect for the actual victims or their families in any case. They run them down, often blame them for their own victimhood, and paint the perp like a sad, misunderstood victim themselves in some twisted creepy way. All in the hope of causing enough doubt to score a win in court.

I find all of that revolting.

"I'm just worried about my burns."

Today was the first time I heard those words.

My heart.
On the morning of Jan. 27, investigators said Letecia searched on Google, "my son burned the carpet how do I fix it?"

In her discussion with Al, Letecia, without prompt, provided explanations for why blood would be found on Gannon's bedroom wall along with an alibi for why she was in the area where the particleboard was recovered. Investigators said information about blood evidence in the home and on the particleboard had not been released publicly at that time.

I really don't know what I was quite expecting
But it wasn't that!!!
Very short opening from the prosecutor and I'm not even sure what to call the opening statement by the defense!
Well, I can think of some words but I might get banned from here if I use them, so I'll stick with disasterous, dreadful & pointless.
But this is real good news for the prosecution

I've never once heard a criminal defense attorney show any respect for the actual victims or their families in any case. They run them down, often blame them for their own victimhood, and paint the perp like a sad, misunderstood victim themselves in some twisted creepy way. All in the hope of causing enough doubt to score a win in court.

I find all of that revolting.

This guy avoided most of that. He's slightly impugning AS (for marrying an insane woman) but he certainly isn't blaming Gannon for anything.

I was in two chats during the opening and I will say that tons of my fellow Americans believe that someone ought to have noticed if she was that insane (so I think that bodes well for the prosecution who did, I thought, a reasonably good job in opening).

I will be eager to hear LS's daughter testify.

She may turn out to be a very good witness for the defense, which is going to be hard for me to listen to. Of all the people scheduled to testify, it could well be H. who is the most convincing on the topic of whether her mother is insane or has DID or whatever they're going to say (defense does not have to proffer a diagnosis, just keep maintaining that Tee is insane).

Forgive me, I know others have asked this question, but the thread is moving so quickly . . . How did Gannon get the burns?
I hate to say it but I think LS did in a rage and then gaslit him to believe the situation was just as much his fault. She probably realized pretty quickly how bad that would look when he told AS how it happened and she had to come up with a plan that also satisfied her resentment :(
JMO

Video:
Prosecutor Michael Allen told the jury that evidence shows Letecia Stauch stabbed Gannon Stauch first and that he had defensive wounds. Allen said that Stauch then beat the boy, crushing his skull, and then shot him three times.
*Ugh! How could she be so evil?

She may turn out to be a very good witness for the defense, which is going to be hard for me to listen to. Of all the people scheduled to testify, it could well be H. who is the most convincing on the topic of whether her mother is insane or has DID or whatever they're going to say (defense does not have to proffer a diagnosis, just keep maintaining that Tee is insane).

There are so many elements to this crime that prove she was of sound mind. She knew what she did was wrong because she took many steps to cover it up. Lies, lies, more lies.

I think back to the aurora theater shooter. Also pled not guilty by reason of insanity and actually had a long history documented by professionals of having mental illness. The jury still found him guilty. Sentenced to several life sentences and a thousand plus years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member