CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35
Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57

Last edited by a moderator:
[…]

In a brief audio recording of a FaceTime call conducted on the evening of Jan. 28, Stauch told Bethel that she wasn’t interested in coming to the Sheriff's Office.

"I'm not going in to talk to you without an attorney," Stauch told Bethel.

Bethel at one point in the call asked Stauch where she was, and Letecia Stauch declined to tell her.

[…]

Stauch spent a significant amount of time in the interview describing “Eduardo” to detectives, saying he was short, had a round face and was in his 30s.

"I would do anything for you to find out who Eduardo is," Stauch said around the three-hour mark of the interview.

As detectives continued to ask questions, Stauch struggled to recall specifics from the alleged attack, saying numerous times that she "doesn't remember," or "doesn't want to talk about" certain topics brought up by detectives.

Stauch claimed she didn't remember certain events from the assault because she hit her head a number of times and "blacked out." During Van Nest's testimony on Tuesday, she said Stauch had no injuries consistent with having hit her head when she examined Stauch on the same day the interview occurred.

Over three hours into the interview Stauch told detectives that she would like to leave, and after briefly disappearing from the room Stauch returned and was seen arguing with a new detective about having her phone taken.

[…]

Letecia Stauch trial: Prosecutors outline Stauch's shifting recount of what happened to Gannon

The detective asked about LS going up to N county and why. L’s voice inflection completely changed and she’s sitting on edge of sofa wanting to bolt. Not relaxed like earlier. With her jacket on, so she’s wanting out of there. The fake heart attack should be soon. Boom! Bam!

Ok in her alleged world was she wearing ear buds/headphones the day GS died?? Because she said to the detectives that she was in the house and heard something strange.”

Um ya she said earlier “the reason I didn’t hear anything is because I was wearing my noise cancelling head phones.”

It can't be both.

Liar liar liar

She didn't want them having her pop can or her tissues with her DNA on them.
Oh they were used, got it, thank you. I was thinking they were fresh out of a tissue box and couldn't figure out what she was up to with them. I was thinking maybe she was going to tie them together to climb out the hospital window, because nothing would surprise me at this point lol.

...Stauch spent a significant amount of time in the interview describing “Eduardo” to detectives, saying he was short, had a round face and was in his 30s...
Please don't take offense, but it's Edguardo with a g, or as LS said maybe a j, according to the person who made him up. lol (I'm just teasing now. You spelled it the correct way it's widely known. That is not her Edguardo.)

Even though she doesn't speak Spanish, or know him well... she's protective of his name. When the detective said his name once, LS sort of corrected her by saying it again the way she wants it said. Edguardo with the powdery, chalky dry wall smell. ;) He looks a lot like her.

Oh my goodness... thank you ALL for posting what is happening in the trial! I tried all the links to watch it - none of them worked for me.... :(

I am trying to figure out "how" to post ALL these tweets so my notes make sense on Friday. A lot to work with.

Again - THANK YOU for the posts! :)

The first witness called to the stand Wednesday was Jessica Bethel, lead detective on the case from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

“The suspect providing alternate leads, multiple stories of what happened, ultimately influenced how we proceeded with the case," Bethel testified.

Bethel said she contacted Letecia early on in the investigation regarding Gannon’s disappearance. The detective asked to talk at the Stauch’s home so investigators could look for clues. Letecia did not agree with that request, Bethel testified. Letecia allegedly said there were young children in the home, and she didn’t want them to overhear what they were talking about. Instead, Letecia offered to meet at a Starbucks in Fountain, according to Bethel.

Bethel testified that Letecia was hesitant to talk to detectives at first and “was apprehensive at best.”

The court watched a police interview with Letecia and her then-husband. Letecia told investigators that on Sunday, January 26, 2020 — one day before Gannon disappeared — they went hiking at Garden of the Gods. Gannon said his stomach hurt, so he stayed home from school on Monday. Letecia took off work to stay with him.

Letecia said she and Gannon went and got food on Monday, and then went to Petco. She told police Gannon stayed in the car because he wasn’t feeling well.

At one point, Letecia and Al both said Gannon texted Al, “do we have bath salts?” Letecia said Gannon asked for bath salts the day before, so she gave him a bath bomb.

During the interview, Al said it’s common for Gannon to go play with friends and take his Nintendo Switch, but he was never gone long. At one point Al said, “I’m pretty convinced that something bad…”

When asked what Letecia’s demeanor was like during the interview, Bethel said, “She was calm and collected.” She also added that Letecia’s personality was consistent throughout.

Bethel testified that she spoke to Letecia several times on January 28, 2020 through text messages, phone calls and FaceTime. She said Letecia declined to show up for an interview because her stomach was hurting.

Prosecutors played audio from a FaceTime call between Bethel and Letecia at around 10 p.m. on January 28, 2020.
continued…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member