CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN West / Midwest ‏@CNNBig22 · 57s58 seconds ago

CNN West / Midwest retweeted Rob McCallum
Verdict reached in James Holmes trial - will be read at 6pET. #CNN #Aurora #theatershooting

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
13 hours minus lunch and breaks ... we do not have the exact deliberation time. #theatershooting

My heart just bounced into my stomach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so glad you spotted this news already Maisiebelle. :)

I was worried because you and a few others had mentioned you have seen every single day of the trial. So glad you got the news already. :)

So do we have any thoughts?

I'm thinking guilty.

I'm thinking the way you are---otherwise my DD will lose their beer! I'll need something! lol

We have a verdict!! Read at 4pm Mountain, so that's 3pm Pacific, 6pm Eastern. This is so fast. I'm betting guilty, all counts.

I think this early, it has to be guilty. I think they would have discussed the insanity thing for days if there were hold outs. Right??

I have been chatting on YT during the trial...but check in occasionally to make sure y'all are ok :loveyou:

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 1m1 minute ago
Correction: Verdict in #theatershooting trial to be read at 4:00p MT, per court spokesman

Marc Stewart KMGH ‏@MarcKMGH · 2m2 minutes ago
#BREAKING: jury has reached verdict in #theatershooting trial. Stay with @DenverChannel for live coverage

KKTV 11 News ‏@kktv11news · 41s42 seconds ago
11 News will be in Denver for the #Holmes verdict. We will report it as soon as it is read. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
A verdict has been reached in the Aurora #theatershooting trial. Full coverage at http://dpo.st/1KaWXyj

I am so glad you spotted this news already Maisiebelle. :)

I was worried because you and a few others had mentioned you have seen every single day of the trial. So glad you got the news already. :)

I had a shower and was watching some TV. I just happened to check Twitter and my stomach lurched. I'm so nervous!

I'm thinking the way you are---otherwise my DD will lose their beer! I'll need something! lol

I have NOTHING!!! Well unless you count the bottle of champagne left over from my daughters wedding......

I think this early, it has to be guilty. I think they would have discussed the insanity thing for days if there were hold outs. Right??

I have been chatting on YT during the trial...but check in occasionally to make sure y'all are ok :loveyou:

again Better be guilty!!!!!! I don't want any of this "insane" bit!

Mr. Jimmy may need more meds...

That's what I think. The NGRI would have been contentious and they wouldn't agree this quickly.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
WOW - It will take Judge Samour 90 mins to read the entire verdict. #theatershooting
---

Yowza is right, but that's a lot of verdict sheets he has to go through. I'm really surprised they're finished deliberating and filling out the forms already (which says to me it'll be guilty at this speed). Although though I think he'd more properly be sent to a mental health institution for life, I don't think most jurors would feel they could face the community having "let him off" even if it'd still be life time incarceration, just in a hospital rather than a prison.

So I'm thinking we get to hang again on Monday!!!!

Is Chelly at her appointment????

I am here and delighted with the news. A swift verdict means jury on all same track early on and most likely the verdict we've all been wishing for.

I had a shower and was watching some TV. I just happened to check Twitter and my stomach lurched. I'm so nervous!

I have NOTHING!!! Well unless you count the bottle of champagne left over from my daughters wedding......

So we are about the same--DD would not be happy with me if I drink their beer--but then again I have no car (one is using my DH truck and the other DD is driving my car (DH did a trade for his car because I was thinking clutch is the same on every vehicle--WRONG!!!!!)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
WOW - It will take Judge Samour 90 mins to read the entire verdict. #theatershooting
---

Yowza is right, but that's a lot of verdict sheets he has to go through. I'm really surprised they're finished deliberating and filling out the forms already (which says to me it'll be guilty at this speed). Although though I think he'd more properly be sent to a mental health institution for life, I don't think most jurors would feel they could face the community having "let him off" even if it'd still be life time incarceration, just in a hospital rather than a prison.

Back in the 80s there was the McMartin Preschool trial which had 150+ charges. All the court clerk said was "the verdict is the same for all charges", and that was that. Quick.

CNN just reported the verdict will be read at 6 pm Eastern? Is this correct? I thought it was 4pm. Never mind I see 4 pm there time and 6 pm Eastern duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3