CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2012
James Holmes' purchases begin - ATF agent Steven Beggs testified that the first of Holmes' 16 purchases related to the shooting was a pair of "Clear Out" brand tear gas grenades. Other purchases included firearms, body armor and components Holmes' allegedly used in making explosives.
clear-out-teargasbig_1.jpg

May 10, 2012
Gas mask purchase - Invoices show the defendant purchased neck arm and groin protection from Bullet Proof Body Armor HQ

June 6, 2012
Road stars, handcuffs & bandage purchased - Beggs testified that the defendant purchased road stars on this date

June 7, 2012
Holmes fails oral exam - James Holmes fails oral exams for CU's neuroscience program, prosecutors say. A professor tells Holmes he has no future in neuroscience. Holmes has had a hard time finding a mentor. On the same day, he buys a Smith & Wesson M&P15 at Gander Mountain in Thornton.

June 7, 2012
Rifle purchase - Preliminary hearing testimony indicated a rifle was purchased in-person at a Gander Mountain store

June 11, 2012
Psychiatrist notified campus police of concerns - Dr. Lynne Fenton called the university's Behavioral Evaluation and Threat Assessment, or BETA, team about Holmes. She also contacted campus police but declined a mental health hold because she noted that Holmes was withdrawing from CU.

June 13, 2012
Drum magazine purchased - Preliminary hearing testimony indicated several magazines, including the drum magazine, were purchased from Sportsman's Guide

June 15, 2012
Student badge returned - Records released by CU show Holmes "RTND STU BDG," which a spokeswoman clarified means "returned student badge." The process, she continued, includes deactivating the badge after it is returned.

June 20, 2012
Targets purchased - Invoices show the defendant purchased targets printed with pictures of people from Law Enforcement Targets Inc.

June 25, 2012
Holmes joins shooting range - His membership application for Lead Valley Range is submitted

June 28, 2012
Ammunition purchase - Testimony indicates the gunman purchased 2050 .40 cal rounds, 2250 .223 ammo and 25 rounds for shotgun

4:20 PM
June 29, 2012 — 4:21 PM
June 29, 2012
Holmes takes photos of Century 16 - Evidence submitted by prosecutors revealed Holmes took 2 photos on his iPhone inside the theater.

July 1, 2012
First sighting of Holmes with orange hair - James Holmes' dyed orange hair became infamous after his first appearance in court. According to testimony from Steven Beggs, Holmes had already dyed his hair when he bought a scope at a Gander Mountain store on July 1.

July 2, 2012
Body armor purchased - Invoices show the defendant purchased neck arm and groin protection from Bullet Proof Body Armor HQ

July 5, 2012 — July 18, 2012
Holmes creates online profile -
Holmes creates an Adult Friend Finder profile on July 5, updates it for the last time on July 18. The headline on the profile asks, "Will you visit me in prison?"
dating1.jpg

8:00 PM
July 5, 2012
Holmes takes photo outside theater - Evidence submitted by prosecutors revealed Holmes took a photo on his iPhone outside the theater.

July 6, 2012
Glock pistol purchase - Preliminary hearing testimony indicated the purchase was made at a Bass Pro Shops location

9:00 PM
July 7, 2012
Ticket purchased - James Holmes bought his ticket for the film through Fandango, according to testimony. He actually got a ticket for Theater #8, but was able to walk into 9 on July 20.

8:00 PM
July 11, 2012
iPhone photo taken outside theater - Evidence submitted by prosecutors revealed Holmes took another photo on his iPhone of the theater's exterior.

July 14, 2012
Chemical purchase - The defendant purchased checmicals, electrodes, a mortar and pestle from The Science Company in Denver

8:26 PM
July 16, 2012 — 8:27 PM
July 16, 2012
Photos taken of developing traps - According to testimony from Sgt. Matthew Fyles, Holmes took two iPhone photos inside his apartment showing some of the items members of the bomb squad would later need to disarm.

6:22 PM
July 19, 2012 — 6:25 PM
July 19, 2012
Holmes takes portraits of himself - According to testimony from Sgt. Matthew Fyles, Holmes took several photos on his iPhone just hours before the shooting. One showed his face next to the muzzle of a Glock handgun.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/timeline

Its crazy. Of course the jury is going to know about the verdict. What does she expect them to say? Yes we've seen it and yes we are going to use that in our deliberations on this case?

Lol! I'm not sure that little question was what the defense had in mind but at least the judge asked them :D

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 55 seconds ago

Defense is submitting a copy of the @denverpost as evidence in Aurora #theatershooting trial. Includes story about #Tsarnaev sentence

This jury isn't dumb. They know what they are in for...and they have done their jobs very well. I think the Defense was silly in bringing that up - putting it in their minds if it wasn't already!

But I don't think for one second that this jury will decide that JH should get the DP because Tsarnaev did!!

This jury isn't dumb. They know what they are in for...and they have done their jobs very well. I think the Defense was silly in bringing that up - putting it in their minds if it wasn't already!

But I don't think for one second that this jury will decide that JH should get the DP because Tsarnaev did!!

The jury went through a long selection process, if the defence don't trust them they should have said so at the time!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m minutes ago

Looking at a picture of theater with seats missing #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 54s seconds ago

Pettolina is now turning her attention to Theater 8, which was adjacent to Theater 9. #theatershooting

ATL

Thank you for that timeline!! I wish we could sticky it and be able to add to it as info comes along.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 4 minutes ago

Aurora #theatershooting gunman never stepped foot inside Theater 8, but fragments and pellets he fired made their way in. Some wounded.

I won't say I am sorry to see this testimony end...but, Ms. Pettolina is finished!!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2 minutes ago

Some bullets, fragments went thru the wall between theaters 9 and 8 and struck wall on opposite side of Theater 8. #theatershooting

I hope Orman is up next with some witness. He always brings the fire! I think I need a 5 Hour Energy. I am dragging today!

They need to crack on. Its a short week again so they need to get as much in as possible!

I wonder why the court officer nearest to JH is standing today...

I wonder why the court officer nearest to JH is standing today...

I notice he stands a lot. No idea why of course...

And come on, Jury! Those pieces of board and whatever just CANNOT be that interesting to look at! LOL!!

Yeah, I am being petty. They have every right to look at whatever they want for as long as they want...to get in their minds exactly what JH did.

ETA - I will say though, that if I were on that jury - and I have covered before exactly what I would NOT be - I would begin to feel a bit self-conscious with the entire court room watching me look at this stuff.

Is there some reason why this stuff has to be passed to them individually like this? Can't they see it ALL after this is done? Is this the ONLY time they are allowed to see this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86