CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 12 minutes ago

She remembers the emergency exit slamming open and the gunman walking in. "He just stood there with his legs spread apart

He was observing us. He stood there and stared for a moment." Defense objects when she says gunman seemed determined

Defense objects again when Bowen, struggling with emotion, describes the gunman as "searching"

Bowen describes #theatershooting gunman's "sporadic" movements. He held shotgun with 2 hands. He was shooting those closest to screen first.

He fanned out to shoot others as he went along wall. Then began firing from rifle. Shots were faster, had different pitch

Bowen: Gunman then switched to a handgun. Now she heard singular shots, "they had a loud bark to them." She crawled

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 22 seconds ago

Bowen: "I wasn't sure we were going to make it out until Dylan grabbed my hand." She tried to call 911. It was busy.

Bowen: She saw someone on the ground by the trashcan. "Someone had not made it." Shoes and flipflops littered the ground.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 22 seconds ago

Bowen: "I wasn't sure we were going to make it out until Dylan grabbed my hand." She tried to call 911. It was busy.

Bowen: She saw someone on the ground by the trashcan. "Someone had not made it." Shoes and flipflops littered the ground.

More Objections.

This witness is doing a good job of describing what she saw and felt.

However, I am a bit surprised Mrs. Teech-Maguire is pulling this stuff out of her. She is VERY emotional!!

It seems she is getting more out of her than previous witnesses. Asking more indepth questions.

Anyone know why she would do it with this particular witness, and not others?

I feel that this witness is way more emotional than any of the others have been. She seems to be struggling - possibly because she is sitting so close to JH. It would make me nervous too. I wonder if the prosecution want to jury to hear more emotional testimony?

I know this is tasteless on my part....but I wonder if the person who threw her out of their way was the guy who left his baby/child and girlfriend

She seems more emotional than most of the other people who had been in the theater have testified so far. I don't think the P is asking her anything more in depth. She is just very emotional and sounds as if she could burst into tears at any moment.

I hope she has had access to therapy since the event.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 49 seconds ago

Bowen is breathing heavily as she struggles with emotion. Dan King objects when she strays from what she saw and heard

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 44 seconds ago

Witness says she was covered in blood that wasn't her own. She had bloody handprints on her

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 16 seconds ago

Bowen describes for jurors where she was, where the #theatershooting gunman was. Uses theater model in courtroom.

jh21.jpg

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 36 seconds ago

JH yawning in court. The guy has no emotions as far as we can see

Edmund calling someone for "brief foundational testimony for next exhibit"

Must be about purchases - since that seems to be his area of questioning.

Jury Questions...

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 33 seconds ago

Do u remember at what point in your story the shooting stopped? I don't recal

Judge excusing jury for brief matter outside of their presence.

Now witness being dismissed. We only have his name on the record, no idea why he is there.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1 minute ago

Juror 557 knows Eliassen. "He's a friend of the family's. I see him usually once a year at a Christmas part

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 11 seconds ago

Idk what to call this guy Kelly or Hans but he's friends with her brother in laws brothers

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1 minute ago

Juror 557 has known Eliassen 5-6 years. Describes him as acquaintance, not friend. Won't affect her ability to be fair

DEFENCE asking this juror be removed.

Defense just asked that this juror be removed based on the direct relationship with the witness and the DA's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99