CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this women's child's relationship with Chris have to do with mitigation???? All she can say she never had a problem with her son going over to the Holme's house?????????

This testimony is just a repeat of other witnesses..saying the same..wash rinse repeat syndrome going on now!! When does the def. get called on their "Piling on" of same evidence?? Especially when it has not much to do with mitigating factors...:scared::gaah:

I guess this is all they got---BUT makes no sense

I'm sorry but when one is on trial for oh lets say MURDER-you don't question others about their manners--if they were polite? :gaah:

To ask the jury to consider this mitigation is strange. how jh was when he was age 3 thru high school is really not adding anything to mitigation. IMO, these witnesses would've done better with this testimony during sentencing phase. Sentencing phase usually is the one that goes more to the defendants early life to spare his life. This defense, as usual, is overdoing it, MOO.

YES he was a mean person--and YES he did want to be the center of attention--i.e., didn't want shooting to be attributed to others

To ask the jury to consider this mitigation is strange. how jh was when he was age 3 thru high school is really not adding anything to mitigation. IMO, these witnesses would've done better with this testimony during sentencing phase. Sentencing phase usually is the one that goes more to the defendants early life to spare his life. This defense, as usual, is overdoing it, MOO.

Its making no sense to me....

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
JH's parents seemed to have really good and supportive friends #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 55s55 seconds ago  Castle Rock, CO
Bidwell steps down. Judge calls morning break for #theatershooting jurors. 20 minutes

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 49s50 seconds ago
Morning recess 20 min #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
@xxxxxxx @xxxxxxxxx 2 b fair CO law allowed anti-death #theatershooting jurors. Just had 2 b able 2 fairly consider it as penalty option

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

We expect JH parents to testify sometime today

I guess this is all they got---BUT makes no sense

A thought just popped into my mind. Since so much of this phase has been all about jimmy's wonderful childhood and how religious, good parent's the Holmes are and by witnesses who pledge their love and support for this family..It may back fire//As it's obvious the Holme's will survive quite well with such support...and all this information contradicts pretty well everything the J/ spewed about his childhood...So juror's may not feel this actually mitigated any of the aggravators ..and J. doesn't deserve that mercy defence is begging for..Pity for family..I just don't know what the jury will do at this point...

So if it goes to phase 3...the truth of the matter will once again be put toward the juror's of J/s actions which stole from so many families what he was exposed to himself....I'm sure def. worries about this a great deal!!

I do not see how this testimony is helping him. I get that few people really knew him, but they knew the parents. Also, this is all from the past, not to much that is current. What was current and in the past does not show a man with mental issues. Some of it shows a kid growing up. I am not impressed but there may be enough here for one juror to say, no death. That is all the defense wants.

With that being said, I am glad the State did go for the DP. If they did not and settled on LWOP, we probably would not have heard all the the murderer planned, bought, and did. The defense did not want a lot of this to come out to the public.

After the defense crosses all of their witnesses, what does the State do? Do they bring on witnesses in this phase?

Thanks everyone.

WS is working decent today so far, yippee!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 37s37 seconds ago  Castle Rock, CO
Jurors are back in the #theatershooting courtroom

I'm just calling this---this will be another waste of testimony......:tantrum:

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 55s56 seconds ago  Castle Rock, CO
Next #theatershooting witness: Mark Bidwell, husband of Lori and another Holmes family friend.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 35m35 minutes ago
On Holmes' dad, Bidwell tells #theatershooting defense "I don't want 2 say standoffish. He's reserved & quiet." Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Of course quiet and reserved is always used to describe a standoffish adult..But children always get described as Shy, quiet and aloof....Best of my knowledge..Holme's senior never harmed a fly..and it was his mother and aunt who had Mental illness..so he would have directly inherited MI but only Jimmy..the shy, quiet child turned into a monster?? NOW, after the fact Jimmy claims to be MI and has psychiatrist saying "BUT FOR" MI he wouldn't have done this. SMH

Course we won't mention he had spent years researching MI and all it's symptoms to enable him to malinger close enough for some Psychiatrists to buy into it...especially Gur!! Even Metzner is at a loss to explain it all..:scared:

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Mark Bidwell, friend of Holmes family & husband of last witness Lori Bidwell, on #theatershooting stand. Watch live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting gunman’s former neighbor testifying now & his parents will testify later 2day http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 35s35 seconds ago
More friends of family telling jury how great JH was. #theatershooting

xxxxxxxxx ‏@xxxxxxxx · 2m2 minutes ago
It's clear where the defence are going. Happy childhood. No abuse/trauma. Only thing that changed him was mental illness #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
@xxxxxxxxxxxx @xxxxxxxxx @xxxxxxxxx Forgotten thing about #theatershooting jury foreman/CHS survivor: He=close friends w/ both CHS shooters

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Next #theatershooting witness: Ann Hestand, a family friend

Really--2nd grade teacher?????????????????:gaah:

So....from what I'm getting from this defense....the move from the idyllic neighborhood when Jimmy was 12 is what triggered his murderous attack years later?? Therefore, it's actually the parents fault that all of this happened?

We said this last week- defense asking 'do they support parents', 'do you support Mr. H'?
The parents, yes, for theses witnesses.
But, again I ask, they say 'yes' they support the gunman??? What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221