CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury will have to go thru all the murdered victims and decide IF there is enough mitigation to OUTWEIGHT those 96 aggravators...IF not outweighed..onto Phase 3 where they do same thing in deciding Life or Death.

The defence does NOT want to get to Phase 3 at all..They know they will hear from victims left behind of each of those murdered..and direct affect it's had on their lives...Won't be helpful at all!!

If I were in the jury from what I have seen this deliberation would be easy and we move to phase 3. Unless the mother comes up with something brand new. They clearly want her last.

sorry for my ignorance but after phase 2 what question is the jury going to deliberate...? Is it there was so much mitigation that there is no need to move to dp?

Phase 2 is now. They will deliberate if the mitigators that the defense just presented, outweigh the 4 aggravators they jury found in phase 1. IF the jury decides they DO NOT outweigh the 4 aggravators- they will go to Phase 3. That will be sentencing phase to decide LWOP or DP.

1. Aggravating factors: This considers the use of weapons. Holmes did use weapons in the killings.

2. Mitigating factors: This considers the character of the defendant, including school records and mental state.

3. Whether or not the aggravating factors outweigh the mitigating factors: If they do, the jury will go on to the 4th phase.

4. Morality: In this last phase, jurors ask themselves, “Morally, can I be responsible for this defendant’s death?” If all 12 say "yes," Holmes could be sentenced to death.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-trial-aurora-shooter-guilty-verdict/story?id=32505796

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARLENE HOLMES!!! called to the stand..turaj..R U here?? or do I need to drag you off your couch LOL

It seems to me that it falls on mommy to express remorse..not even the father could do that..as their spawn found he couldn't do either....Little late..tho nice to hear!

ARLENE HOLMES!!! called to the stand..turaj..R U here?? or do I need to drag you off your couch LOL

yes i'm here...thanks...but got a conf. call coming at 2pm so probably have to watch in full tonight...that jury coughing sounds really bad and frankly not muffled...I can see the judge watching it.

sure I feel for her....her guilt must be overwhelming.

first I heard he could not talk on phone?

My sons hate using the phone. They would rather ignore it than answer it.

if she is too rehersed it is not that impactful...she needs to go "off script" a bit.

DB went after the dad to an extent but will he just pass on her

excellent advice for parents...that cry for help was his silence....good point

"His loudest cry for help was silence"

According to his dad he was always short in emails and phone messages!

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a parent of a child who commits a horrific crime. Its got to be a very lonely experience.

I suspect that Dr. Fenton was following HIPA but in some cases you just have to go that extra step.

I suspect that Dr. Fenton was following HIPA but in some cases you just have to go that extra step.

Fenton was willing to break HIPA regulations but didn't think to inform the authorities. I wonder if she wishes she had.

Fenton called June 11th, she got Fenton's personal Ph# and she called her then had to go to Monteray....great..Hope you had a wonderful visit with your friends !! I heard June 18th in there somewhere?? Not sure where that fits!!

It's so easy to blame other's when catastrophe hits you!! ..She had no idea he had MI?? Nope..even though as a HC provider you would or should have known the MI runs in the family! SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member