CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she saw her off to school (see link right above)

Saw her off to school, but all we have about what she was wearing when she was last seen is the color of her eye glasses and the color of her coat? If mom saw her off to school this morning, why aren't we seeing info on what she was wearing? Have there been any comments from mom or just the neighbor?

Light Rain and 36 degrees right now in Westminster.....

Saw her off to school, but all we have about what she was wearing when she was last seen is the color of her eye glasses and the color of her coat? If mom saw her off to school this morning, why aren't we seeing info on what she was wearing? Have there been any comments from mom or just the neighbor?

This is all I see so far, no shirt description.
She was last seen wearing blue jeans, black boots with pom poms, a black puffy jacket and pink and purple glasses.

Cubby, this literally just is breaking and the news is being clarified. It truly is a developing story/situation.:twocents:

Not sure.....maybe mom was so tired from working that she can't recall exactly the clothing. Since its so cold there, I'm assuming they hope they can identify her coat?

Maybe Jessica gets herself ready in the morning? She's 10, that's old enough I would think...

ETA-Nevermind, saw updated description!

Cubby, this literally just is breaking and the news is being clarified. It truly is a developing story/situation.:twocents:

I see that. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I'm still trying to catch up..... To clarify, my posts are solely out loud questions. They are not intended to suggest hink anywhere. Simply out loud questions looking for info I/we may have not yet seen.

What I have not seen is mom's usual procedure. Well, the one link with the better description of the clothing worn indicates mom gets home at 7:30 am and see's Jessica off at 8:30 am. What is her standard procedure if the child is not going to school due to illness? Does she only call the school or does she notify the group of peers her daughter attends school with?

Mom gets home about 7:30 a.m., gets her daughter ready for school, 8:30… sends her off,” says Westminster police spokesman investigator Trevor Materasso. “The normal procedure is Jessica walks to a park, meets classmates and they, as a group, walk to school.”
Jessica never made it to Chelsea Park, and the group walked to school without her. The School called her home to report her absent, but her mother sleeps during the day, and didn’t get the message until 4 p.m. That’s when she called police.
Materasso says Jessica’s father lives out of state. Police have made contact with him. Materasso also says investigators have no reason to believe the father or anyone in the family was involved in Jessica’s disappearance.
http://kwgn.com/2012/10/05/westminster-police-search-for-missing-10-year-old-girl/

Just more outloud thinking as we await more info.....

If a child walks with a group of peers and one is going to be ill, wouldn't the parent notify not just the school, but also the peers? I'd hate to have a group waiting to see if my child was going with the usual group of walkers if he was ill.

I don't always call promptly when my son is sick from school, but he is not a walker. So there isn't the emergency he was walking and didn't make it from home to school.

What is the procedures for students who are walkers when the school can not reach a parent if the student does not arrive at school? Wouldn't it seem to be more urgent for students who are walkers versus those who take the bus or are driven by a parent?

Cubby, I don't think most schools distinguish between walkers and bussers. I think the school did do the best they could to contact the parent in this case, but time will tell. IMHO

In following Denver and surrounding area news there has been several thwarted attempts in this area over the past few weeks for someone to take a child. I am so worried, I have feared this....IMHO

This is just an unfortunate mix-up. The mother is raising the child on her own and trying to work the night shift. She got Jessica off to school and went to bed....then missed the school's call. No one did anything intentional or wrong....
I know everyone questions if more could have been done. But probably not.
Let's just keep praying for Jessica and her mom.

Cubby, I don't think most schools distinguish between walkers and bussers. I think the school did do the best they could to contact the parent in this case, but time will tell. IMHO

Scary actually. I don't know how schools couldn't differentiate between walkers and bussers. They have to know what bus a student is supposed to be on.... I was a walker as a kid back when the majority were two parent families so one parent was always available.

I had to have two emergency contacts for my son. I was rear ended at a light on the way for pick up last year and the car was drivable, thank god... but I was 20 min late for pu. When they couldn't reach me they contacted one of my emergency contacts. Though that is usually when the child is at school already. This is really a different situation here. A child is a walker and the school I assume knows the parent is a night worker and day sleeper.

The park thing scares me, because someone could have followed her routine, but if it is only 450' away, why wouldn't mom watch until she met up with her group of walkers?

Scary actually. I don't know how schools couldn't differentiate between walkers and bussers. They have to know what bus a student is supposed to be on.... I was a walker as a kid back when the majority were two parent families so one parent was always available.

I had to have two emergency contacts for my son. I was rear ended at a light on the way for pick up last year and the car was drivable, thank god... but I was 20 min late for pu. When they couldn't reach me they contacted one of my emergency contacts. Though that is usually when the child is at school already. This is really a different situation here. A child is a walker and the school I assume knows the parent is a night worker and day sleeper.

The park thing scares me, because someone could have followed her routine, but if it is only 450' away, why wouldn't mom watch until she met up with her group of walkers?

bbm: I don't think we know enough of the details yet to know what mom did or did not do this morning.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn