CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling in my gut about this one. What a sweet, adorable girl.

May they find her QUICKLY.

My biggest concern is she has been missing for a long time. Way too long for a little 10 year old girl. I don't know what to think about what might have happened.

Amber Alert on for Westminster girl, 10, missing since 8:30 a.m.
Posted: 10/05/2012 08:56:59 PM MDT
October 6, 2012 4:16 AM GMTUpdated: 10/05/2012 10:16:16 PM MDT

The classmates say Jessica didn't show up Friday morning.

Materasso said that when the school called home to say Jessica wasn't in school, her mom was sleeping.

Jessica's mom got the message just after 4 p.m. when she woke up, and that's when she called police.

Jessica is described as 4 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 80 pounds with blond shoulder-length hair. She has blue eyes, and was wearing a black jacket and pink and purple colored glasses.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ster-police-searching-girl-10-missing-since-8

http://sc.jeffco.k12.co.us/education/school/school.php?sectionid=269

this is the school website... I haven't looked at it yet (re: policy on walking, busing, calling, emergency contacts, etc)

I went to jeffco public schools from K-12 although not in Westminster, jeffco is a huge school district. When I attended there was an automated attendance line that would call with a recorded message saying your child was absent today. I remember this because if I ever skipped school I would try and beat my parents home to erase the message before they heard it so they must not have called my parents work or emergency contacts if we were absent. I would hope that since I attended that they would have come up with a better system by now.
I hope they find this little girl soon, I know the weather is bad there and it snowed last night. I wish I had a better feeling about this.

Hi guys..just reading about this one...oh no, not another child!!! I am sorry to repeat what you have probably all talked about, but have you all read about the "candy knapper" that they are all talking about on facebook and the fact that the school sent out a letter a couple of weeks ago about him....

that is very scary.....

Do we know what time Jessica left her house this morning? Has that been confirmed? And if Grandma stays there overnight, I'm still confused on why grandma or mom wouldn't see Jessica's walk from home to meet her peers. 450' is a fairly short walk. Almost too short for no one to see anything. Not mom, not grandma, not the peers. not the peers parents who might have been keeping an eye on those children Jessica usually walked with.

Praying she is found safely soon.

IMO, there is no point in rehashing this mother and child's routine or comparing it with your own etc...everyone has different circumstances and I know I see tons of young children walking down my street to the school about 1/4 or so mile away all the time, often alone.

I do wish the school had continued down a list, if they had one, of emergency numbers until they reached someone. Surely they should have known or had in the files that mom worked an overnight shift?

I went to jeffco public schools from K-12 although not in Westminster, jeffco is a huge school district. When I attended there was an automated attendance line that would call with a recorded message saying your child was absent today. I remember this because if I ever skipped school I would try and beat my parents home to erase the message before they heard it so they must not have called my parents work or emergency contacts if we were absent. I would hope that since I attended that they would have come up with a better system by now.
I hope they find this little girl soon, I know the weather is bad there and it snowed last night. I wish I had a better feeling about this.

Ok, so this was probably an automated call to Jessica's mother? Which would mean a live person would not have known Jessica's mother did not pick up?

All the calls from my sons school are from a live person, which is why I assumed someone calling was live versus an automated attendance call.

And if they are automated, gosh why wouldn't more than the parent be on the list? On our phone tree for automated snow emergencies myself and my mom are on the list for the times my son sometimes sleeps at grandma's.

I'm really surprised this type of system hasn't been overhauled in the public school system for safety reasons.

Surely they should have known or had in the files that mom worked an overnight shift?

I can't see why they would know this or need to know this.

Even if Mom didn't pick up, I can't see why this would alarm the school.

Usually when the school recorder calls my house I'm not home...I'm at a doctor's appointment or picking up meds or whatnot at that time. It's a computer that calls, it's just a notification system, it's not a human being checking in.

Search teams are trying to make up for lost time by canvassing the area and going door-to-door, showing her picture to neighbors.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jessica Ridgeway, please call Westminster police at 303-658-4360.

Authorities are urging the public to not randomly search as it will disrupt the search dogs. They are asking for those wanting to help to meet at at Westview Rec Center at 108th and Oak in Westminster.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/339/Amber-Alert-Missing-girl-never-made-it-to-school

Dear God, please let this one turn out differently than a lot of them turn out. Precious angel. I hope you got mad at someone and went to a friend's house or something. Please show up safe baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member