CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropping in to check for any new information. This man could have been a hunter. Most hunters have the tools necessary to gut and drain deer or for dressing out a deer after a kill. What I'm getting at is that this killer didn't necessarily go buy tools just for the purpose of dismembering a body. Although I do hope that investigators have checked local hardware or other stores for recent purchases of saws or other similar tools.

I still don't know what those creepy buildings were? The rumor was that it was an old Japanese American internment camp from the 40s. But internet search shows them in a different area in Colorado. The stories were also that devil worshipers hung out there... which sounds ridiculous now.

Hahahahahaha! I remember hearing the same thing and being really afraid!

But microchipping won't do that. It isn't even close to that level of technology.

All it can do is provide an ID once a person's found.

No, but if they can put a GPS tracking device in a cell phone, surely they can do it in the micropchips. If not now, at least eventually. I don't think we even need to go to the extent of "microchipping" our kids surgically. What about having them wear one in the form of jewelry? Yes, perps will likely remove jewelry on a dead body, but hopefully it could be used to locate a live child before that happened.

Hello all, Newbie here.
I've lurked over here for a long time - Since the Shantina and Azriel Smiley case. But I finally joined when everything started with little Jessica.
This has hit me hard because it's not only in my backyard so to speak, but where she was found is less than 2 miles as the crow flies, from where some family has just moved. So it's incredibly surreal being that this is in an area I've been in and spent plenty of time on the road she was on, etc.
What's been niggling me at times since this happened is where my in laws are living. It's a BRAND new housing development, it's not finished, they're still building and working on housing over there.
I guess my first thought when I found out about the body being found over there was that it would possibly have been very easy for one of the workers over at the development, to be involved. They've been working over there for over a year now, and they hire guys who just come into town....So I've wondered if they've checked out that construction company at all (according to in laws, that community wasn't checked I don't think, where they're living), they've been here long enough someone who started working for them with these houses may not be from here, but they've been here long enough to know their way around....plus, I wondered if any evidence could have been gotten rid of over in that housing area because they've got stuff being buried or built over or concreted in every day or so. Although I have no idea then, why they wouldn't have buried her there totally. But who knows, this is obvious a sick individual.
I'm probably far off, but it was just a random wondering from me.....

I wish they could implant a GPS device into my kids sometimes.

Wow you really confuse me! Disney land is an invasion but yet taking DNA at birth would not be. Seems like these are so far apart from each other

PS Gabby, I am not being facetious:)

I agree with you - they ARE far apart from each other. IMO one can result in a crime, while the other could result in proving my innocence. I have nothing to hide with anyone having my DNA. Therefore, I don't find it invasive, but my quesion was respectfully out of curiousity. Perhaps there's something I don't know. Perhaps one can been wrongfully accused based on DNA; I don't know. But I see nothing wrong with DNA being taken and therefore I was honestly asking why some people do. Perhaps there's more to it. As for Disney, I'm not worried about them ASKING for my children's names. I'm worried about what some creepy employee might "magically" do knowing that information. To me, these are VERY far apart.

welcome to websleuths AspenSong! :cheer: that is a very good thought about workers in the area...

Just dropping in to check for any new information. This man could have been a hunter. Most hunters have the tools necessary to gut and drain deer or for dressing out a deer after a kill. What I'm getting at is that this killer didn't necessarily go buy tools just for the purpose of dismembering a body. Although I do hope that investigators have checked local hardware or other stores for recent purchases of saws or other similar tools.

My guess is that any tools used to dismember a body would be disposed of, as they would contain DNA evidence linking the owner to the murder. That suggests to me that the tools were purchased specifically for the murder, or, in the event the murderer already had the tools, they have been replaced.

As you, I feel there needs to be categories.

Fifteen years ago my DH and I traveled thru the U.S. upgrading the computer systems in a major nationwide department store. We had two young men (20 and 21) who worked and traveled with us.

At dinner in the hotel, two young girls began flirting with the guys. (I was present and they appeared to be in early 20's). Later at the hotel pool the girls showed up again and I had the opportunity to talk to them. Having two daughters of my own (23 & 25), I was concerned about their behavior with these young men and asked them their age. One stated she was 19 and the other 20, showed me their DL for ID and the DL's reflected those ages. My DH and I left for bed at approx 8:30 pm.

The next morning at 4 am we were awakened by the P.D. wanting info on our 20 yo employee. It appears that he had taken the 19 yo girl to his room. Her father, a Police Chief in that City, had tracked his 16 yo daughter to the hotel and thru surveillance cameras caught her with our employee.

Long story shortened, the employee was arrested, served 2 years, is now on the RSO list, and his life has been ruined. He is a very nice young man and we have known him and his parents for 30+ years.

What he did is wrong; however, I believe the circumstances should control who is placed on the RSO list.

Apologies for this long sob story. Just saying.....

Not only is that seriously bad luck, but shockingly poor performance on the part of his defense attorney, seeing as there was at least one witness who saw ID stating that the girls were of legal age.

Didn't LE say something about an outdoorsman? Or was that just WS? I've become muddled by now. BUt it it were LE, who knows the condition of the body, that would make sense that they suspected it was someone who had done something similar before.

Hello all, Newbie here.
I've lurked over here for a long time - Since the Shantina and Azriel Smiley case. But I finally joined when everything started with little Jessica.
This has hit me hard because it's not only in my backyard so to speak, but where she was found is less than 2 miles as the crow flies, from where some family has just moved. So it's incredibly surreal being that this is in an area I've been in and spent plenty of time on the road she was on, etc.
What's been niggling me at times since this happened is where my in laws are living. It's a BRAND new housing development, it's not finished, they're still building and working on housing over there.
I guess my first thought when I found out about the body being found over there was that it would possibly have been very easy for one of the workers over at the development, to be involved. They've been working over there for over a year now, and they hire guys who just come into town....So I've wondered if they've checked out that construction company at all (according to in laws, that community wasn't checked I don't think, where they're living), they've been here long enough someone who started working for them with these houses may not be from here, but they've been here long enough to know their way around....plus, I wondered if any evidence could have been gotten rid of over in that housing area because they've got stuff being buried or built over or concreted in every day or so. Although I have no idea then, why they wouldn't have buried her there totally. But who knows, this is obvious a sick individual.
I'm probably far off, but it was just a random wondering from me.....

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for joining us... :seeya:

And very good first post and local info.

Are there no tags for this thread or am I not seeing them?
Just wondering, as some topics have been explained numerous times, i.e. open space and yet we still get pages of it every few days...

there are DNA kits for parents to ID their children. It's part of Mark Klass' organization.
also, there are GPS tracking devices for kids to carry, and for toddlers there are remote tracking devices that alarm if the child is 30 feet away from you, and if you page it, it will emit a loud alarm.

no time to find links right now.

I guess the fear would be - could the government follow us around all day? I can see why some would have a beef with that. Me personally? Not really. If they want to watch me do laundry, scrub carpets, do dishes, and clean up dog vomit, they can go right ahead. I'm sure that by nightfall, when I undress to get into the whirlpool with a glass of wine, they'll likely never want to watch again! LOL

The Cody, Wyoming suspect had ties to Colorado, of course. Denver Westword has released his name. He is a photographer.

You can find the thread on that subject here-

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187167"]Found Alive WY - AMBER ALERT: 11 year Old, Cody, 8 October 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not only is that seriously bad luck, but shockingly poor performance on the part of his defense attorney, seeing as there was at least one witness who saw ID stating that the girls were of legal age.

Total of 6 people saw ID and testified. Two other young people and 1 hotel staff testified that these girls were at the hotel on a regular basis.

It is assumed that because of the father's status, the jury sided with prosecution. Who knows .... just sad.

there are DNA kits for parents to ID their children. It's part of Mark Klass' organization.
also, there are GPS tracking devices for kids to carry, and for toddlers there are remote tracking devices that alarm if the child is 30 feet away from you, and if you page it, it will emit a loud alarm.

no time to find links right now.

Years ago I remember seeing children's watches that they can wear that can be tracked via gps. I thought it was a great idea. I'll try to look for them.

Didn't LE say something about an outdoorsman? Or was that just WS? I've become muddled by now. BUt it it were LE, who knows the condition of the body, that would make sense that they suspected it was someone who had done something similar before.

It was just our speculation here.

Thanks that makes things clearer now. Also are these areas patrolled by park officials, etc.? That also explains the trash pick-up. jmo
During decent weather, police will patrol on bike. Occasionally I've seen a patrol car driving on the trail but I'm pretty sure they're actually looking for someone if that happens. Seeing a car is a very rare occurrence (maybe 3x in 11 years).

Actually I was thinking of the park where she was known to meet up with her friends. I think it was Chealsey (sp) Park. There was some speculation she may have gone there that morning. Or maybe there could have been video from previous days that would show her talking to someone that would appear out of place. just a thought.
There are no video cameras at parks in Westy to the best of my knowledge. I've never seen one at any that I've been at.

For thought. If Jessica's name was visible on her water bottle or backpack, the perp could have called her by name. That is enough to trick up any child.
True, but I doubt that it was visible enough that it could be read from a few feet away. My daughter's name is on her water bottle--on the bottom. If someone picks up her water bottle and looks at the bottom her name is visible. But no can see that when it's in her backpack.

Anyone from the area that can tell me what the cement buildings in Pattridge Park are? Initially the news was calling them "abandoned mine shafts." But they don't really look like shafts? I wonder if they have any historical significance? Otherwise, they might consider cleaning that area up. I couldn't find anything on them...
They're abandoned buildings from when that area was full of coal mines. The coal mines in Leyden powered the trains going west, among other things. [/QUOTE]

I still don't know what those creepy buildings were? The rumor was that it was an old Japanese American internment camp from the 40s. But internet search shows them in a different area in Colorado. The stories were also that devil worshipers hung out there... which sounds ridiculous now.
No, there was no Japanese internment camp in the Arvada area.

Just dropping in to check for any new information. This man could have been a hunter.
There was a heavier than usual police presence in the mountains when we headed up this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if they're thinking the same thing.

BTW, I would be surprised if the perp actually hiked in to the 82nd area, unless he parked his car a little further down the road at a different trailhead. It would be a really long hike over a good-sized ridge if he'd parked on 72 (the road to the north) or even along the basically empty Candelas Parkway. (For that matter, why not just go north? Candelas is supposedly under development, but it's basically empty except for coyotes.) I don't really see anyone deciding to hike over that ridge and all the way down just to leave a body that close to the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand