CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this creeps me out so much. It leads to thinking will he strike again? Soon? Leave more messages?

If someone can do this, and leave messages...when will he feel he needs to do it again? Will once be enough for him?

I really hope they have some good leads on him.

Me too. Whether this is an experienced predator, or one just beginning his predatory career, this person will not crawl back into the woodwork forever. He will prey again, months or years from now, it will happen. So very important they get this person off the streets.

Concerns me that Jessica has not been completely recovered. Hate to say it but i do wonder if the parts not only were to make LE's job just a tad longer on the ID and perhaps his "trophies"

Do we know that all has not been recovered?

The reason I asked in Friday's PC they said they are no longer searching for Jessica but are searching for her killer to bring them to justice.

They spent an tremendous amount of time searching from the time they found the dismembered remains until Friday at the time of the PC late in the afternoon.

IMO

It was reported early on that LE does have a witness that saw Jessica around 8:30 that morning walking to school. Of course LE will ask this witness to remain mum until the predator is caught, imo. They will not want it known exactly where she was seen at the time and they probably want to make sure the witness is safe until he is caught too and its also possible that this witness is a minor.

IMO

I just assumed the mom was the witness. I never thought that it might be a minor child. Good point.

Unfortunately, not all cases garner this kind of attention. Many aren't covered at all.

A little girl kidnapped while walking to school in a middle-class neighborhood with 1000+ searchers is going to get national media coverage. And her being found dismembered, and her backpack being found somewhere else, with 100+ officers working the case is going to get national media coverage. There nothing unprecedented about this type of case getting national coverage.

While I usually agree with profilers and the general perp profiles for these cases, I want to point out something that ocurred to me.

I know that these profiles are usually based on past cases and statistics over many years. The one thing that I have noticed in the last 10-20 years is how much people and generations have changed. It seems as if perps are becoming younger and violent crimes are not as unheard of from even the youth of today. It seems to me that a lot of people walking around from the ages of 10-35 are more or less desensitized to violence...unlike that of 30+ years ago. Our youth today grows up with shows like CSI, Identification Discovery, violent video games, and many gorey (sp?) stories can be read anywhere on the internet. Access to violence seems ot be everywhere today.

It all makes me wonder how and why we really don't see the profiling of perps changing much over the years. Are we pidgeon-holing ourselves when we aren't looking at trends from the last 20 years?

This was a random thought I had while reading and wanted to share...maybe see what you all think?

This I completely agree with. All the "experts" keep repeating things we have heard since the '70's. Never taking into account the 12 year old girl that kills the 10 year old girl, the gun toting teens that kill for pure thrill of it or gang initiation, the recently released criminal that wants payback, the 20 year olds the bludgeon and rip apart a cheating lover, the angry neighbor that kills because your dog barks, and so on.

I understand we have become accustomed to having profiles, but I too, think they are pigeon-holing on some cases.

where her house is and the way she walked to school isn't right off a "main" street, it sits back a bit off the main road intersection. The perp had to drive about a mile or so off the main road (wadsworth) and then go into the neighborhood which can be confusing if you don't know the area...I feel it is someone who lives in that neighborhood..we just need to find out who.

Wouldnt W 108th be considered a main road?

I just want this guy caught. I hope he is and I do suspect someone who has a personal tie to where the backback was found. I think the backpack was placed there for a specfic reason at that spot.

Any neighbors mention seeing it of finding it ?

I don't have the cite but I remember reading in a msm article (because that's the only sort I read in these cases) that a neighbour of the man who reported it also saw it on the sidewalk on Sunday. She also assumed it had been abandoned by one of the neighbourhood kids, no big deal.

Do we know that all has not been recovered?

The reason I asked in Friday's PC they said they are no longer searching for Jessica but are searching for her killer to bring them to justice.

They spent an tremendous amount of time searching from the time they found the dismembered remains until Friday at the time of the PC late in the afternoon.

IMO

no, we do not know that any of her remains are missing or ever were missing. We also do not know that she was dismembered... only that her body was found 'not intact'

While I usually agree with profilers and the general perp profiles for these cases, I want to point out something that ocurred to me.

I know that these profiles are usually based on past cases and statistics over many years. The one thing that I have noticed in the last 10-20 years is how much people and generations have changed. It seems as if perps are becoming younger and violent crimes are not as unheard of from even the youth of today. It seems to me that a lot of people walking around from the ages of 10-35 are more or less desensitized to violence...unlike that of 30+ years ago. Our youth today grows up with shows like CSI, Identification Discovery, violent video games, and many gorey (sp?) stories can be read anywhere on the internet. Access to violence seems to be everywhere today.

It all makes me wonder how and why we really don't see the profiling of perps changing much over the years. Are we pidgeon-holing ourselves when we aren't looking at trends from the last 20 years?

This was a random thought I had while reading and wanted to share...maybe see what you all think?

I don't know whether I agree or not. Thirty years ago I was 20. I grew up seeing people actually killed on the nightly news during the Vietnam War era, seeing people fictionally killed on TV pretty much non-stop, watching horror and slice-and-dice movies, and reading of violent crimes reported in the news constantly. Plus, young people are generally more violent than older people (meaning adolescents, not children--and I do agree that we seem to hear of more serious offenses by very young people now, like 12-year-old murders). Obviously there is a lot more graphic violence in things like music and video games now than there was when I was growing up. But I just don't know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know why I feel this way, but I am leaning towards a younger offender. Sierra Lamar rings a bell in the back of my mind for some reason. The placement of the bag/backpack ever so carefully. Her perp was only 21 years old and lived at home with a wife and small child.

I pray LE is looking at all possible perps and not just the typical RSO or older male. I know from past statistics, it would appear to be an older, white male. Things have changed and I hope we get this person soon!

Respectfully, there have been child abduction murders where it just seemed too circumstantial to possibly be a stranger. And yet it was.

Kimberly Leach was 12 years old and had her first class of the day in a temporary building adjacent to the main building of her school, then she went into the main building for her second class of the day. The day she disappeared, she had forgotten her purse after her first class of the day so she went back out to get it.

Ted Bundy intercepted her, coerced her into his stolen van and was gone before anyone realised Kimberly was missing.

Looking at the circumstances, you'd think it had to be someone working in or around the school but it wasn't. Circumstances just fell together in all the wrong ways so that Kimberly was outside at the same time Bundy happened to prowl by.

Predators tend to be always looking for those tiny gaps where there is a potential victim with no other witnesses. It often looks like the abduction had to have been meticulously planned and in one sense, it is. The predator had already worked out in his mind all the details of what he intends to do and all he is doing is watching for the right opportunity. That tiny window of opportunity where a potential victim is out of sight of witnesses for as little as 30 seconds.

So it can be a random but planned crime.

And perhaps he was prowling by regularly and repeatedly, checking for a lone kid. "Hunting" in an area where kids are likely to be.

Just speculating.

Ms Suzanne

Ok,I found this so far.They were all young girls in Arvada.I'm interested in looking into this some more.I wonder why he stopped for a little while?

http://apexprd.org/arvada-police-rel...ction-attempts

Hey I'm still on the last thread catching up, but I saw this and wanted to comment... maybe he was in jail for something else? In the hospital? IDK, but I wondered the same thing. Maybe he's been preying on homeless? He was reported to have tried to abduct a woman in Aurora as well.

(sorry if this is done wrong, I don't know how to quote from a closed thread!)

I do not know if I feel Jessica was targeted (watched - stalked - observed) prior to that morning. To me it feels more like she presented as the perfect victim for a predator who in in the area.

A sort of combination of bad guy living or working in the area meets perfect victim who happens by at the exact wrong time presenting the perfect storm of events for this perp.

Thanks Tlcox. I have been thinking along these same lines. I think this perp has a SA history with children, but didn't expect the huge outpouring of media attention this case quickly received. I think it created an initial panic on his part and he quickly accelerated to murder out of fear of discovery. I believe his former victims were known to him (aquaintences children, relatives children, etc) but Jessica was likely his first abduction. I can see how he may have fantasized about this for some time before acting upon his urges, thus her abduction was fairly well organized, but as soon as her absence was discovered and the intense focus was on, he realized he needed to dispose of her. Dismembering her was the fastest and least obvious method available, (trash bags as opposed to attempting to dispose of the entire body). It's apparent the location he chose was not as well thought out which explains why this crime appears to be both organized in one sense and disorganized in another sense. I believe we have an experienced sexual predator who just escalated to murder.

Respectfully I disagree that this perp had a history of sexually molesting children known to him. Pedophiles who molest children known to them usually do love the child in a very sick way and they believe that the child also loves them. Jerry Sandusky would be the current poster boy for this type; he had a history of jealousy and grief when one of his victims would end the relationship. And it is clear that he feels massively betrayed by his victims because he talked himself into believing he was helping them.

When such pedophiles kill, it is usually out of panic because they feel threatened with exposure. They understand that society as a whole deems their actions to be sick and wrong but they are internally convinced they are helping the child(ren) they love.

I can't see any way in which someone could believe that snatching a child off the street is helping her. I think the perp in this case was looking for a victim he could control and, sadly, Jessica fit his profile.

And on the subject of random violence among youths, this was considered a serious problem in the 50s and 60s that dramas often addressed.

where her house is and the way she walked to school isn't right off a "main" street, it sits back a bit off the main road intersection. The perp had to drive about a mile or so off the main road (wadsworth) and then go into the neighborhood which can be confusing if you don't know the area...I feel it is someone who lives in that neighborhood..we just need to find out who.

An experienced predator -- not even very experienced -- would know that if you drive around suburban neighborhood streets during the morning school bus hours, you will find lots of children walking. He could have been just randomly driving for an hour before he came upon one who was alone and not in sight of anything.

A little girl kidnapped while walking to school in a middle-class neighborhood with 1000+ searchers is going to get national media coverage. And her being found dismembered, and her backpack being found somewhere else, with 100+ officers working the case is going to get national media coverage. There nothing unprecedented about this type of case getting national coverage.

The poster and I were discussing the few hours after she was discovered missing...not the entire event. I was just pointing out that not all abductions receive the initial media coverage that this one did. Unfortunately many children are abducted and the media doesn't raise the alarm to this level. <modsnip>

I don't have the cite but I remember reading in a msm article (because that's the only sort I read in these cases) that a neighbour of the man who reported it also saw it on the sidewalk on Sunday. She also assumed it had been abandoned by one of the neighbourhood kids, no big deal.

http://www.dailycamera.com/superior...nt-missing-westminster-girl-shifts?source=pkg

That article mentions the woman who saw the backpack and this one
http://www.dailycamera.com/superior...ase-neighbor-noticed-backpack-superior-street

has more info on the guy who called it in.

It's hard for me to believe that this perp wouldn't know that a case like this would garner widespread national media. I feel like anyone who has ever watched the news could tell you that this story has all the sensational factors that the media loves.

Agree, and I belive that one of this killers intentions indeed was/is to spure widespread national media attention.

And IMO this killer has planed, and is now executing, a very sick and perverted "game".

This crime/killer seem to have SO many levels/dimensions/motives IMO, the killer is IMO NOT some "avarege" pedofile Joe, neither is he insane, he knows exactley what he is doing, but he is indeed a VERY VERY sick and perverted individual.

The good thing is, that IF he indeed is this kind of "gamer" communicating with LE, or others, then there is a good chance that he makes a mistake, that will get him cought.

Thank you for posting this.

This newsreport is IMO VERY bad news.

This are quotes from the newsreport, with my thoughts/comments included:

This IMO possibly means that the killer, additionally to the backpack, has either placed some kind of messages in the area, and/OR made phonecalls, to the police, or others, that have been traced to the Denver area.

This is IMO a VERY strong warning from the LE, and I also belive it means that the killer in some kind of communication with LE, or others, have made specific threaths of new crimes/killings.

IMO it sound like that the killer, in those of mine suspected communications, have shared some kind of horrific killer master plan.

All together this newsreport's LE information information, directly and between the lines, indeed support my worst fears about this killer.

I belive that A LOT more is going on behind the scenes in this case, than the police are saying , however LE is still trying to warn the public as much as the can, God bless them.

I totally agree, there seems to be a level of fear in LE that I haven't felt before. Its freaking me out and I don't even live there! I really hope parents will go above and beyond to ensure thier childrens safety. Find this guy fast LE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatariMama