CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's changing his MO to throw LE off the track. IMO little girls are an easier mark because they are raised to be pleasers...or possibly it's their nature. Not sure but without knowing what this monster is we can't be sure that little girls are his preference, or if he has a preference. Could be that anyone would have fit the bill that particular day.

I agree. Some like both, some prefer one but will take any.

Some of the things people are posting about, and that are in the news remind me of aspects in the very first case I ever followed and posted about from when the disappearance began, through the search and then to the recovery: missing Dru Sjodin, MN/ND.

First of all: the body of Dru was placed in a drainage ditch in a field, near a pipe.

Next: This image of the shack pictured in the photo series below, makes me think that this person could have grown up in the area, and this was a landmark known to him from when he was younger. Someone here said that it probably was a teenage hangout. Notice the message scrawled on the front: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. That seems like something a teenager would write, but is derived from concentration camp gates (I know, because I have visited concentration camps).

(Image 10/11/12 - near the crime scene) You may have to scroll through.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/?albumview=slideshow

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case, placed her body within the area of his "comfort zone" with familiar landmarks on the land where he lived as a child.

Next, as cluciano posted, could the perp. in this case have been recently or within the last few years been released from prison?

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case was a tier/level III sex offender who had been released from prison to his home area, just prior to her disappearing.

Also, could the perp. be in construction/remodeling work, where he is able to move about the country.

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case had jobs in construction/remodeling.
-------------

Just some thoughts.

I was thinking what if little Jessica's abductor and killer was really not local and he was a drifter.Could these girls be connected some how?They did come up missing a few months ago.I'll read up on them too.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

JMO of course...
I think the main reason I feel it is a local person in this case is because of where the remains were placed near that known "haunted" spot, as well as where the BP was placed back in town, and combined with where Jessica was taken all kind of points to someone that is pretty familiar with the area.

Although, if someone recenlty moved to Colorado, it probably would not take them too long to hear about that "haunted" spot. When someone moves to a new area, they quickly try to learn about their surroundings, so I would not outrule the perp(s) being the same one in the other Iowa case. That happened long enough ago for the person to maybe have moved to Colorado.

What disturbed me the most about that article you linked is this below.....

"Police still say there is no reason to suspect foul play in the case. That means an Amber Alert cannot be issued for the girls because there is no evidence to suggest they were abducted and there are no suspects"

WTH? We need to seriously get our Amber Alert restrictions lightened up because I feel the sheer fact that an 8 year old and a 10 year old not coming home would be reason enough to issue an amber alert. My goodness, I seriously doubt they would be run-aways. I understand having tight restrictions for Amber alerts, but that is ridiculous IMO. Plus, they found the bicycle, etc. Ugggghhh.

(Please be sure to read the side effects of isotretinoin though--even its original manufacturer stopped making it due to all the lawsuits.)

Well, yeah that goes to say with any medicine. However he was not a pregnant female or a female planning to get pregnant. That was the most concerning and didn't affect him. All side effects of medicine have to be reported even if it happens to just one person, so the rest of them to me are not concerning. /OT

It's bad enough when a child or adult goes missing, then killed and it is learned that someone they know or a relative did the abduction and murder. But usually in those kinds of cases, it is contained. The perp is not looking to go out and kill others…usually.

In this case, this person is a predator. I have no doubt he will do this again and that he enjoyed it. He enjoys messing with the cops and the family. This kind of monster just does it for sport.

I really hope the cops are watching Jessica's mother's house on Halloween. I wouldn't put it past this guy to return her remains to the front door as a cruel joke.

Catching up....

I've worried about this being close to Halloween, as well. :/

This case strikes me as the perp being someone very familiar to the area. Where he placed the body I do not think was random. Since ( from what has been posted) that is a high school known spot, I would think this perp is not too far out of high school, local, and others have thought of him (or them) as odd.
Jmo

Some of the things people are posting about, and that are in the news remind me of aspects in the very first case I ever followed and posted about from when the disappearance began, through the search and then to the recovery: missing Dru Sjodin, MN/ND.

First of all: the body of Dru was placed in a drainage ditch in a field, near a pipe.

Next: This image of the shack pictured in the photo series below, makes me think that this person could have grown up in the area, and this was a landmark known to him from when he was younger. Someone here said that it probably was a teenage hangout. Notice the message scrawled on the front: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. That seems like something a teenager would write, but is derived from concentration camp gates (I know, because I have visited concentration camps).

(Image 10/11/12 - near the crime scene) You may have to scroll through.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/?albumview=slideshow

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case, placed her body within the area of his "comfort zone" with familiar landmarks on the land where he lived as a child.

Next, as cluciano posted, could the perp. in this case have been recently or within the last few years been released from prison?

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case was a tier/level III sex offender who had been released from prison to his home area, just prior to her disappearing.

Also, could the perp. be in construction/remodeling work, where he is able to move about the country.

The perp. in the Dru Sjodin case had jobs in construction/remodeling.
-------------

Just some thoughts.

Oh, wow! There are quite a few similarities. Does anyone know if there's any sort of a registry of sorts for recently released inmates?

ETA: You can search for RSOs with recently changed addresses on the Family Watchdog site. Someone who has just been released from prison would have to change their address... right? Off to investigate!

Gosh in light of this report I think locals should be diligent in no child or adult walking anywhere alone. "If" this is connected perhaps this killer really doesn't have a "preference" to his Victim? So much we dont know about him that any local should never be walking alone. MOO

I think a lot of parents are being more diligent about this. I was at the grocery store this past weekend and a woman went ballistic on her son (about 10-12), who was supposed to be with the cart but went to the next aisle to look at Halloween stuff.

And I think this abductor knows what he's doing looking for kids this age. He knows that this is the age they want independence the most, and this is the age parents are allowing it to happen.

OR he has something against kids this age, like he was picked on at this age or abused at this age. Honestly I don't know if I think the guy approaching 13 year old boys is the same who took Jessica. She just doesn't fit. Either way, it would be nice to catch the candy guy anyway.

If this perp is as smart and sly as to leaving clues and doing things systematically as some think he is___does anyone think he would still be in the area? He is either so far under the radar or so above suspicion if he is still in the area. Or he is a total dumb *advertiser censored*. I think LE is on top of him and it will be soon and all questions will be answered. At least this is what I am hoping for

I don't mean to speak as if I know your situation, because I don't, and I am sorry for the trauma in your family. What I think Absentia's post was referring to is the theory of how something like that could have happened in the first place. Meaning say if a woman has 4 children and she "raises them the same", meaning she responds to them all in the same manner, depending on each child's individual needs and temperament, she could be matching one child's needs perfectly, doing way too much for another child's needs, and not doing enough for the other two, because she is being the same towards all 4 but they might need individualized need-meeting.
I totally understand that concept because I have 2 girls 2 years apart and they require very different types of parenting (and social relating in general). It was obvious with their infant temperaments but still obvious today. Quick example, say they both hand me a half-*advertiser censored** attempt at homework. I could say to each of them, in a calm, loving voice, "you need to try again, this is not reflective of your best effort." one will smile and get right back to work, the other would get tears in her eyes and feel as if I insulted her. If I were to react the same way to bith kids, one of them would not be getting the type of parenting that her natural emotional needs require. I don't think this speaks towards neglect or over protectiveness, I think it means that INSIDE THE SLECTRUM OF GOOD, LOVING, HEALTHY PARENTING, for a child to receive its own optimum care, the parent should tailor their interactions to the needs of each specific child, and a one size fits all approach, even from a well-meaning parent, might not be sufficient to raising the most stable, mentally sound human.

And ITA with the culture comment. I have a lot if opinions on this matter that go wayyyy off topic, but to summarize: I agree that a child has a far better chance of ending up as a balanced, productive, stable emotional being when they are raised in a "village" setting, weather that is in he truest sense, or in a more modern interpretation that allows for meeting the needs of young children above meeting the needs of the parents. I think that it is kind of appalling how so many early childhood publications talk about how to get your child to sleep alone through the night at a few months as if that goal is for the child's well being, when really western culture is more about "conditioning young children to fit into the adults schedules and needs". If we sought advice on "what can I do to ensure the best possible physical and emotional lifelong health for my child" instead of advice on "how can I make raising this child more fun and easy for me?", as a whole our children would turn out alot better. MOO. Sorry for O/T.

I absolutely agree that children need to be parented differently. But I do still feel it is something people are born with that is maybe enhanced when things fall on them wrong.

And I was a bit obtuse about my Aunt's family. There is a lot more going on there, and the one who medically/psychologically speaking isn't "normal", wasn't the one to attempt murder over his mother....it is a big mess.

Westminster Police said Thursday its investigators are working with local, state and federal partners to make an arrest.

Does that sound like they have a suspect or person in mind to you?

Maybe not that alone but when considered in conjunction with the DNA swabbing going on it seems more likely IMO

This case strikes me as the perp being someone very familiar to the area. Where he placed the body I do not think was random. Since ( from what has been posted) that is a high school known spot, I would think this perp is not too far out of high school, local, and others have thought of him (or them) as odd.
Jmo

Interesting, I kind of assumed the opposite - that the perp was not aware of this being a high school hangout spot. But I also believe he didn't want her found quickly, but this was the "best he could do" in the time he had available.

A couple days ago, I think someone here mentioned that LE was stopping cars and taking swabs which I am assuming was for DNA testing or something.

Just wondering if we know for sure that this indeed was happening and just wondering if anyone knows anymore details about this.

I found that very interesting and it gave me hope that LE may have gathered some DNA somehow from the items found. The interesting thing to me is that if they do have DNA, they would first want to check their databases, and so if they were just stopping cars, that kind of told me that they must not have had any matches on anyone, which would mean the perp(s) was not in their database for other crimes, which I found kind of surprising. If it is a young perp(s), I suppose it could be his first real crime, but it is hard to think that this perp(s) would have progressed right to violent murder without having some sort of criminal background. Unless he recently arrived from another country, and maybe had a criminal background in another country.

Anyway, just wondering if we know more about any sort of DNA testing related to this crime.

I mentioned that the people in the neighborhood were being swabbed, but not being stopped in traffic.

I hope they have transfer DNA, but they are keeping their mouths shut about almost everything they are going on.

Westminster Police said Thursday its investigators are working with local, state and federal partners to make an arrest.

Does that sound like they have a suspect or person in mind to you?

No, to me it sounds like they have a long list of cross referenced names that are all in need of being ruled out or ruled in. It sounds like this is going to take some time.
jmo.

And to answer another post about rumors... I am not a local and even I have heard details about the body that I have not seen mentioned here as a possibility. So I think LE's warning about rumors is more specific to the locals than it is to anything we discuss and infer from MSM here.
jmo.

OR perp choose disposal site because he is local and because it is a teen hang out type place.

So what would make him not stand out in teen hangout - if he is in the age group that frequents the area.

I still get a 19 to 22 feel from this perp. Still wholeheartedly feel he is local and still think this may be his first murder. Do not sadly feel it will be his last if he is not apprehended.

Interesting, I kind of assumed the opposite - that the perp was not aware of this being a high school hangout spot. But I also believe he didn't want her found quickly, but this was the "best he could do" in the time he had available.

If he didn't want her found quickly why didn't he just bury her? I feel like the dismemberment has a whole other meaning. I have read that dismemberment was rage. They turn the blame for their crime toward the victim I believe. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7