CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your all going to think I am crazy but my kids waited for the bus down the block in the dark for High school.Everyday I would be watching thru the blinds to make sure no one tried to hurt them.Look what happened to Sierra LaMar,no way was I taking a chance with my children.Of course I was out there every morning from kindergarten on up.My kids are now 28 and 30. I had a cousin abducted and murdered so I knew all about the monsters that look like everyone else.Many other parents from kindergarten on some shut the door and went back to sleep or had to leave for work, I would always watch for those kids too.

mikeysmommom, Jacee Dugard's stepdad witnessed her abduction at the bus stop, but couldn't catch up to the abductor's vehicle due to transmission issues. Could you imagine?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209705/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-Her-

Jaycee Lee Dugard's stepfather: 'The moment I saw her being kidnapped... and how I became a suspect'
By NICOLA BODEN
UPDATED: 01:54 EST, 1 September 2009

For almost two decades, Carl Probyn has lived with the double trauma of fearing his stepdaughter had been murdered and of being a suspect in her disappearance.
As the last person to 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard alive and as her stepfather, he inevitably came under suspicion when she vanished without trace.
It is only with her stunning reappearance - alive and well - in California this week, aged 29, that the dark cloud of doubt over his name has finally lifted.
But it has not been without cost. Although his stepdaughter has now been found, his marriage to her mother has crumbled thanks to the stress of her abduction.

Your all going to think I am crazy but my kids waited for the bus down the block in the dark for High school.Everyday I would be watching thru the blinds to make sure no one tried to hurt them.Look what happened to Sierra LaMar,no way was I taking a chance with my children.Of course I was out there every morning from kindergarten on up.My kids are now 28 and 30. I had a cousin abducted and murdered so I knew all about the monsters that look like everyone else.Many other parents from kindergarten on some shut the door and went back to sleep or had to leave for work, I would always watch for those kids too.
-------------------

My bold above.

You are the one who isn't crazy. It's the people who are in denial of what has been going on for years who need to apologize to those of us who have been victims, known victims, empathize with victims, have been aware for a very long time and trying to help only to get revictimized and called crazy or obsessive.

Thank you for your vigilance and caring about children.

Do you guys know of a site that allows for one to run a free license plate check? I googled, but am not afraid to click and get a computer virus, so thought I'd ask if there's a site you guys have experience using. Thank you.

I've done a license plate through carfax, but that was to get a VIN...

mikeysmommom, Jacee Dugard's stepdad witnessed her abduction at the bus stop, but couldn't catch up to the abductor's vehicle due to transmission issues. Could you imagine?

Jaycee Lee Dugard's stepfather: 'The moment I saw her being kidnapped... and how I became a suspect'
By NICOLA BODEN

For almost two decades, Carl Probyn has lived with the double trauma of fearing his stepdaughter had been murdered and of being a suspect in her disappearance.
As the last person to 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard alive and as her stepfather, he inevitably came under suspicion when she vanished without trace.
It is only with her stunning reappearance - alive and well - in California this week, aged 29, that the dark cloud of doubt over his name has finally lifted.
But it has not been without cost. Although his stepdaughter has now been found, his marriage to her mother has crumbled thanks to the stress of her abduction.

I honestly do not know how he survived that!Seeing it happen and not being able to stop it would have destroyed me.

Yup. Most people either think we ski to work, or we ride horses. But Colorado is mostly prairie land.

lol I'm sorry I know that this whole situation isn't funny but this made me laugh. It's changing slowly, but when East-Coasters in particular hear I'm in California they automatically assume I surf and hang out at the beach every day. I'm apparently supposed to surf into the front door of my office containing my cubicle...

-------------------

You are the one who isn't crazy. It's the people who are in denial of what has been going on for years who need to apologize to those of us who have been victims, known victims, empathize with victims, have been aware for a very long time and trying to help only to get revictimized and called crazy or obsessive.

Thank you for your vigilance and caring about children.

In total agreement. I hope and pray you are in a huge majority. i wish for guardian eyes for all children the world over.

We don't know for sure if the man opened the backpack

If I recall correctly, the water bottle had her name on it, which was inside the backpack. The person who found it sent out an online message to superior listserv, mentioning the name inside the backpack. Someone emailed him back alerting the significance of the name, for which he was unaware. He then called 911.

<edit, unless you're referring to the perp, not the one who found the backpack>

I honestly do not know how he survived that!Seeing it happen and not being able to stop it would have destroyed me.

Yeah, really awful--and then to be suspected on top of it! But according to Jaycee, they did not have a good relationship, which I am sure added to the suspicion.

JMO

Vehicle limitations? ( car, limited driveability?)

True. I have seen cars that crap out trying to make it up the grade uphill. I still lean towards the theory he wanted the partial body to be found. But of course all just my own speculation.

I had wondered about that .

I think the backpack had her clothes she wore that day inside. That is why the LE immediately said after finding it she might have different clothes on. They hadnt said that prior to finding the bag. Clothing would not be something unusual for someone to find in the bag assuming the man who found it eventually looked inside. Remains would be and the man that found the backpack would have been alarmed at first look. JMO.

Westminster PD 4:38pm October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica&#8217;s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

&#8226; Light skinned male &#8226; 18 &#8211; 30&#8217;s (or someone who&#8217;s appearance with a ball cap may look that age) &#8226; Brown hair &#8226; Medium build &#8226; 5&#8217;06&#8221; to 5&#8217;08&#8221; (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster&#8217;s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica&#8217;s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If I recall correctly, the water bottle had her name on it, which was inside the backpack. The person who found it sent out an online message to superior listserv, mentioning the name inside the backpack. Someone emailed him back alerting the significance of the name, for which he was unaware. He then called 911.

<edit, unless you're referring to the perp, not the one who found the backpack>

That is what I recall. Except I am not sure if I know for sure that the water bottle was in or outside the backpack, which could make a difference on whether they actually looked inside. I don't remember knowing whether he looked inside or not.

My only knowledge of evidence bags comes from Dexter, lol. Dexter uses plastic ones. Paper makes sense for the real world.

Paper evidence bags identical to the backpack paper sack were used in the recent search of Brandon S. Lavergne's mobile home/residence.

I think the backpack had her clothes she wore that day inside. That is why the LE immediately said after finding it she might have different clothes on. They hadnt said that prior to finding the bag. Clothing would not be something unusual for someone to find in the bag assuming the man who found it eventually looked inside. Remains would be and the man that found the backpack would have been alarmed at first look. JMO.

In addition, they were still actively trying to locate her alive after finding the bag. If remains were inside wouldn't we have seen a different press conference. Just thinking out loud. My timeline is getting hazy.

Snipped by me.

Only way I would take it inside is if I knew the child or parent. If I did not know the child or parent I would have done the same as this guy did. Send an email saying come and get it.

It's standard practice around here to leave a "lost" item in a more visible spot. A hat found on a trail is often left on a post at the trailhead where anyone entering will see it.

The position of the backpack when law enforcement showed up may not have been the same as where the homeowner found it.

By NICOLA BODEN

Thanks FoxFire this exact case has been on my mind a lot too. I know it's pretty different but still, every time I read "no way did some little girl disappear in seconds without anyone seeing it!!!!!!" I think about Jaycee. It was SECONDS, and not only that a close family member DID see Jaycee's abduction and they couldn't stop it. ZERO blame against her step-father, but what a hard thing to live with. That has to be horrifying for all of them.

In addition, they were still actively trying to locate her alive after finding the bag. If remains were inside wouldn't we have seen a different press conference. Just thinking out loud. My timeline is getting hazy.

I don't think they have told us at all what was in the backpack. But I agree, I think I was *much* clearer on actual facts before I started following this case here. Now I sometimes wonder to myself "did I read this here, see it on tv, or hear it on a press conference?"

staying out of the backpack - paperbag debate.

for me occam's razor rules on this one and two paper bags, one from perp and other by LE is just too far for me to stretch

G'night folks, may we have fresh leads tomorrow, or better yet a perp in custody.

Oh now come on tlcox...you know you secretly believe that the backpack and paper bag were "beamed" there by the Starship Enterpise.. lol..
:ufo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member