CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a leap to say watching *advertiser censored* will lead to an addiction to *advertiser censored* and/or will then lead to violence. Ditto video games and every other thing that gets brought up as people try to make sense of that which makes no sense. Does it happen sometimes? Yes. It happens in individuals who are predisposed to being violent anyway. If not one thing it would be another.

Everyone wants to know why, and wants to point a finger somewhere. It has to be someone's fault, just has to! But there are no simple or pat answers. You can't make sense of something like this. This kid has brain wiring and a structure and environment around him that created a perfect storm of evil. He is someone who will need to be studied by experts. It will never "make sense." I don't know how something like this can be prevented because most parents, most of the time, think their sons and daughters are wonderful and good and cannot conceive of this--that comes up over and over in cases where the perp is under 21.

As an aside, if this 17 year old were a murder victim instead of the perp, he'd be referred to as a "child" or a "baby" by many folks. I personally find that ironic.

Regarding your first statement. I don't think that necessarily watching *advertiser censored* automatically would lead to *advertiser censored* addiction. Just like drinking a beer doesn't lead to alcoholism.

It can but surely it isn't a 1:1 correlation.

What was the order of the despicable acts he committed on Jessica? I thought he strangled her right away and then he hogtied her after but while still in his vehicle. If this is so, why did he hogtie her? What was the point? Hogtie a dead girl? Was he into bondage fetish stuff on the internet? If so, then he is on the deep web, IMO. He has to be there.

So he kills and hogties her to get his kicks but that's not enough so he dismembers her. I call BS. He had every intention of defiling her body that day. Is he so brilliant that he could find a place to leave Jessica's body for awhile and then return to cut her up? It seems to me LE doesn't know where he dismembered her. Why is he not revealing that info to police? If they don't know yet, then he is not pleading guilty IMO. Where did this guy hang out? I'm not going to be shocked to find out that this guy hangs out in graveyards and he may have even stolen pieces of people's bodies from the cemetery. JMO

Matou it was being said last night ( sorry don't have a link) that he confessed to hog tying her then strangling her. Not sure either if this was done right when he grabbed her or later.

Have to tell you, attorneys doing research on their own cases will freak out that the Feds will come for them when they visit. Even destroy the computers afterward. But, destruction of the computer does not destroy evidence that you were there......

As I mentioned in my OP, I took precautions to ensure that I did not go to any sites where illegal content would be viewable. The site I visited was a text-only forum. The attorney I consulted is actually a sex-crimes prosecutor (a district attorney, in fact) so I'm confident in his advice.

For the record, it is not illegal to USE Tor-it is illegal do do things like view, download or share child *advertiser censored* on Tor :)

Hey All,
I'm just wondering since I'm not in the US, what is the general timeline for a matter such as this to find its way to trial? Also, at what point would we expect details to begin to more readily emerge from LE / prosecutors regarding this case? If he pleads guilty, and there is no trial, will the details emerge at that point?

I can't imagine how the victim's family might be feeling, or even how the alleged perp's family might currently feel! I'm also feeling now for the victim of the attempted abduction who surely must be beside herself thinking that her fate could have been the same as Jessica's had she not been able to fight her way out of that situation!

Not every state/county/city/judge/case is the same so its hard to say. But an example of something like this would be the Sandra Cantu case here in California. The murderer M. Huckaby plead not guilty at first and then changed her plea to guilty to avoid the death penalty. She was arrested on April 10, 2009, went before the Grand Jury in July of 2009, was indicted August of 2009, changed her plea to guilty in May of 2010 and was sentenced to life w/out parole in June of 2010. She is given no option to appeal.

However, due to the fact the victim was a child and out of respect for her family, her autopsy and most details surrounding her death remained sealed. Transcripts of the grand jury hearing were released AFTER all was said and done and she was sentenced, however the above info was redacted.

With this case, considering he's not eligible for the death penalty, I doubt he'll plead guilty, unless he has some sense of decency (and a lawyer with a conscious) to spare the family the heartache of a trial.

ALL IMO

I think it's a leap to say watching *advertiser censored* will lead to an addiction to *advertiser censored* and/or will then lead to violence. Ditto video games and every other thing that gets brought up as people try to make sense of that which makes no sense. Does it happen sometimes? Yes. It happens in individuals who are predisposed to being violent anyway. If not one thing it would be another.

Everyone wants to know why, and wants to point a finger somewhere. It has to be someone's fault, just has to! But there are no simple or pat answers. You can't make sense of something like this. This kid has brain wiring and a structure and environment around him that created a perfect storm of evil. He is someone who will need to be studied by experts. It will never "make sense." I don't know how something like this can be prevented because most parents, most of the time, think their sons and daughters are wonderful and good and cannot conceive of this--that comes up over and over in cases where the perp is under 21.

As an aside, if this 17 year old were a murder victim instead of the perp, he'd be referred to as a "child" or a "baby" by many folks. I personally find that ironic.

Exactly. A perfect storm of genetics, personality, upbringing, environment. Plenty of people watch online *advertiser censored*, play violent video games, and do not end up like this kid.

After reading some of the news stories (I havent been online much yesterday or today) I am not sure if it is wrong of me to say, thank God it sounds like he killed her right away, that she just might not have suffered. I dont mean that in a disrespectful way, but thinking that he possibly tortured her and raped her makes me sick and so far it doesnt sound that way. God help us that there are people walking around like this. Little Jessica is an angel now, hopefully there was no suffering and thank God once again they caught the SOB that did this to her.

Um, there are lots of murderers under 21. He will not be studied, he did not make it to a lifelong path of many victims fortunately.

The forensic psychologists will find he knows right from wrong, while having a bend towards his actions, with mitigation at sentencing about his family life.
It is no longer unusual. It happens every day now, not just the U.S Just let us be happy he is in jail now. Most likely a Judge will be smart enough to be sure to give a life sentence. Most likely he will be tried as an adult for the heinousness of the crime.

Not picking on you, I just live in a city where this is not unusual and it is no longer horrifying here. That is a very sad realization.

May we all live long and happy lives and never have this happen to us personally in any way. Not the family of the deceased, the family of the murderer.

Beyond the obvious creepy feeling, you get when someone stares at you in an overt way.

Maybe this girl simply had a sixth sense perception about AS. My daughter felt this way about a neighbor, turns out she was right. He's a perv, according to several reliable sources.

I have always told my children that, as children, we see the world differently, and that we have gut instincts that warn us about people ... I remember having that as a child. I also told my children that the older we get, the less we are able to tune into this. This young girl was apparently very in tune with picking up signals from Austin that were not on the level, but she was unable to express what she was picking up ... other than to say that she was playing at the park and he was staring at her with the wrong look in his eyes.

This has to be the longest fastest moving thread on WS! I can't read this fast so I skip and only read every five pages! As for life being a distraction, my physics assignment is not getting the attention it deserves because of this site!!

In my opinion, and as a mother of a 10yo boy who is almost my height and weight (we are tall parents) I often wonder when his size will get the better of me. He is a gentle giant and so kind and empathetic, but i know that he is strong and in some of the play rumbles he has with the kids at school he has been a little too rough and we have talked about not knowing his own strength.I would speculate that the mother of AS is terrified of him and would most likely get out of his way if he was angry and would comply if he told her not to go in his room etc as she could be afraid of the consequences.

I really can't imagine a civilized heart to heart at the kitchen table that let to him turning himself in. I would speculate that there was alot of threats of "if you don't tell them I will" etc. and in doing the hard thing of ringing the police I believe it was not so much her doing the right thing but more to protect her life and that of his brother's. All IMO!

In his family the person I most feel for is his little brother. How would he be able to face this in his school or with his peers!

I think his mother needs to change the family name and move to a new area ... close enough to attend the trial, but hopefully far enough away to protect him.

AS would have been a pretty crappy CSI. Why would someone who won forensic science awards and studied DNA leave DNA on the backpack/body, leave his cross at a crime scene and leave body parts and other evidence at his own home? I think that most murderers wouldn't make those mistakes, and most don't study criminal science!

In Colorado, they have now made it law (awhile back changed it) that even juveniles charged as adults can't even get LWOP. He will always have the ability to try for parole.

I'm sorry, I'm still woefully behind... this stood out to me. He did not have a mohawk in his mugshot.

I do not at all think he's psychotic, as has been discussed earlier. I think he's pathologically narcissistic and sociopathic, and I think he lied about exactly what he did to Jessica, and I think he's making the most of the attention he is getting.
ITA!.. Strictly MOO and prepared to deal with any flack that I may get from it...

I strongly believe we are dealing with a severely narcisstic, sadistic, organized lust killer..and before anyone disagrees too strongly please understand what technically the term "organized" and "lust" mean in this specific use of the words(imo it will be seen that just from the little known that this perp absolutely could fit into all of those above termed classifications)..

I believe we have only just begun to barely unravel or peel back the layers of this onion and we are in for disturbing info/details imo, but only time will tell whether my opinion is accurate or inaccurate concerning these issues..

Read this early this morning clu.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8859964

Not directed at clu but just chatting.

I understand the anger about this crime but here is something to consider. He needs a fair trial.

If he isn't given a fair trial that has all of the t's crossed and all of the i's dotted then he can (once convicted) go back and back and back and back to court in an attempt to get the conviction overturned or a retrial or his sentence lessened. (I just saw an instance here in HI, there is no thread here for this trial, and the guy was convicted of 1st degree murder, got the conviction overturned because of an error and took a plea on a 2nd degree homicide. From 1st degree murder to 2nd degree homicide. You do the math...he got off easy peasy). ugh.

I say let him get a fair trial. Then when he's convicted he's convicted for good.JMHO.
And ITA with this as well, Kat!... In fact I demand that he get top notch counsel and receive a by the book, fair and just trial.. I would demand this for ARS!!

That way as you above mention once he does receive ethical, high esteemed defense counsel and a fair and just trial and then is found GUILTY of FIRST DEGREE MURDER of Jessica Ridgeway(among the other 4 charges) that we will not be seeing, nor hearing from his smug faced, egotistical evil self when the proverbial book is thrown at him with him having zero to whine, cry, and scream UNFAIR about!..

Put him in a deep, dark hole AND FORGET THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL EVER EVEN EXISTED IN OUR SOCIETY!!..<--that imo would be true punishment for this sick b@st@rd...TO FORGET ABOUT HIS EXISTENCE IN OUR SOCIETY!! :moo:

BBM

hey guys, I haven't been able to keep up today. My offline life is interferring, dadgummit! lol

So, obviously I haven't kept up with today's news. Where did this specific detail come from? We need to link this stuff up.
Yes, beach as some mentioned earlier this particular detail was posted yesterday by two, different locals who said they had this detail shared with them early on and they waited til an arrest was made before posting the info..

I went back just a little while ago to post links to both of those posts from yesterday(Thread #18) and I did see that both posts had since then been deleted(imo quite likely by mods)..so due to that I am not sure how you wanted to handle this bit of info.. Likely I would assume that its being deleted indicates that we need to drop all discussion and further posting about this detail until such time when it is a verified detail via MSM..

But just wanted to briefly describe where this bit of information originated and let you know so you (or any other mod) could make a note of it in posting that this detail should no longer be posted, discussed, etc.. That way everyone is notified and aware of it instead of just one or two figuring it out now, and then two or three later tonight again broaching the subject, etc, etc..

HTH:)

Interesting you mention the bankruptcy... Could the bankruptcy dates line up with the dates of the two cases he's charged with? Jogger and Jessica?

I'm finding that she filed Chapter 7 in May. End of May (Memorial Day?) was the attempted abduction of the jogger at Ketner.

Can't find a link, but seem to recall reading @ something happening with the bankruptcy case (a ruling?) perhaps in late September, shortly before Jessica vanished. Anybody remember this? TIA

his family also went to the Virgin Islands and stayed in a resort after the Ketner attempt. so dunno how the bankruptcy works with that...

His crime was so heinous that we forget he is a child. 17 year olds should be going to school, studying, hanging out with their buddies, going to the movies, playing video games, maybe even shooting pool or clubbing with the boys not brutally murdering a 10 year old little girl.

He's no longer a child when an adult crime is committed, imo. This kid will never be rehabilitated. He is damaged goods and deserves to sit behind bars for a very long long time.

And yes, if he was my son, I would do exactly what his mom did.

Does anyone know if AS was absent from classes that Friday JR was abducted? I'm assuming he maybe was but surprised he wasn't turned in as a tip earlier as LE was asking for people who were absent from work/noticeable changes/etc. I'm curious to how he was acting after the fact and if anyone at all picked up on "any changes" in his personality or if he was just always kind of "dark" and "weird" to everyone that no one noticed? How did he clean up his clothes? Throw them away or did his poor mother wash his laundry like normal? I wonder if deep down his mother suspected him but just couldn't sort it out. So awesome that she was able to call her own son into LE - very courageous of her.

AS would have been a pretty crappy CSI. Why would someone who won forensic science awards and studied DNA leave DNA on the backpack/body, leave his cross at a crime scene and leave body parts and other evidence at his own home? I think that most murderers wouldn't make those mistakes, and most don't study criminal science!

Obviously youth, which was easy to figure out.

Youth and the idea that he was invincible and could outsmart many years of knowledge and training. He lived in a very small town. So, his high score in a class may have made him think he knew more than was really available for knowledge. He had not been exposed to reality in a larger area or field. I also think he freaked once he did it, but that is jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444