CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Organized Efforts- Email Campaigns-Boycotts-Petitions:

Obviously members are free to take up any and all causes that are important to them in an effort to bring about change. But using Websleuths as a platform to promote organized efforts such as email campaigns, boycotts, letter writing,etc. are strictly forbidden without the consent of the forum owners.If you have written a letter or taken any action in support of a cause, please refrain from posting about it. Support of a particular cause must be approved by the owners prior to posting links or information regarding any such effort. Causes can be questionable in nature, even though they appear to be honorable on the surface.As it relates to using WS as a platform for promotion,the owners investigate the nature and source of such campaigns and make their own decisions as to the legitimacy of each cause. Please do not suggest,directly or indirectly, that members support any type of organized effort without getting approval from forum owners first.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't know where the link is, but it was reported that an aunt said he had *advertiser censored* addiction. But as another poster Pensfan who is a psychiatric nurse pointed out, we cannot be sure that was the issue because there may have been other things he was being treated for that were not revealed to other family members

I feel that may be true as people rarely reveal all of the issues facing them

I don't know where the link is, but it was reported that an aunt said he had *advertiser censored* addiction. But as another poster Pensfan who is a psychiatric nurse pointed out, we cannot be sure that was the issue because there may have been other things he was being treated for that were not revealed to other family members

I feel that may be true as people rarely reveal all of the issues facing them

I think we need a link to this or I don't think it is open for discussion.
So let's link it up or hold the discussion.

I am not in this forum often so if I missed something please let me know.

good point, where did this unnamed senior investigative reporter get his/her info and has it been vetted? I know at this point other MSM sources are now quoting this info as fact as well, all based off the original "scoop" but since the public can't (rightly) access mental health records we cannot verify. Has anyone seen any articles which actually confirm this information via family member, LE, authorities?

TIA to anyone who knows or can provide a link.

I had heard that family member told of his treatment for *advertiser censored* addiction. I never heard specifically what type of *advertiser censored* he was treated for but I suspect it had to do with violence and maybe even children. I wonder what the laws are about reporting (being the psychologist or psychiatrist). It is my understanding that psychological treatment is protected under privacy laws unless one is deemed to be a danger to others. If this is correct would his being a minor come into play?

I think we need a link to this or I don't think it is open for discussion.
So let's link it up or hold the discussion.

I am not in this forum often so if I missed something please let me know.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusiv...-treated-for-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

Sorry JBean,

We are discussing this and other reports and wondering how this came to be known what with mental health laws as they are and further, whether this info can be taken as truth given those very strict mental health laws.

ETA at least the reporter is named, I had thought it was like the ever present unnamed sources we always see quoted, lol.

Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*. (from the link)

Bernstein reports family members say he was just 15 years old and his addiction was so strong that it required counseling.

so the family members are not named, but cited as sources. Got it.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusiv...-treated-for-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

A few points that may or may not be relevant but keep coming to mind:

1. We have heard from some classmates/associates that in addition to having been bullied that AS bullied others in return. In one of the Ramocomms Youtube videos of him playing video games with another younger male, you can hear what appears to be AS chiding the younger one about how it feels/going to feel like when he has "something big" (Paraphrased b/c it was very crude) in his mouth. This sounds like standard comments that go back and forth between the two. Because of that video (which I only listened to about one minute of) I have wondered if he didn't molest his little brother and or the brother's friends.

2. About robbing JR of her backpack. It could have been how he got her into the car/the lure...grabbed her backpack and she tried to get it back from him. Then he has her near the open car door. Another lure may have been more simple. If JR was familiar with this neighborhood boy and the weather was bad, he could have simply said something like, "hey, want a ride...you must be freezing..." It just feels like JR may had seen AS on more than one occasion.

3. If it is true that he could be charming and a bullying or scary dude then it is not so hard to believe that he could turn on the charm long enough to lure a little girl into a warm jeep on a cold day. It is also not hard to believe that he could have stopped, grabbed her backpack and taunted or bullied her as in..."you want your backpack, little girl? Then come and get it ..."

Sorry JBean,

We are discussing this and other reports and wondering how this came to be known what with mental health laws as they are and further, whether this info can be taken as truth given those very strict mental health laws.

ETA at least the reporter is named, I had thought it was like the ever present unnamed sources we always see quoted, lol.

Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*. (from the link)

Thanks for taking the time to find this link that has been provided, in earlier threads, numerous times. It is tough when there are so many pages to go through.

Thanks for taking the time to find this link that has been provided, in earlier threads, numerous times. It is tough when there are so many pages to go through.

nota problem, I have no business discussing it if I am not willing to track down the link, pain in the rear or not, it keeps us all honest. :)

Right. That sure as heck would get my hinky meter in overdrive!
But I think lots of people just kind of say "nah! Couldn't be what I'm thinking! He's just being a cool neighborhood boy!"
Basically it's just too unbelievable to continue to entertain the thought that goes with ones hinkey meter. ( for most people)

the kick the can game was when the kids were all younger. the neighbor girl said he used to play with them but she hadn't seem him in a long time.

nota problem, I have no business discussing it if I am not willing to track down the link, pain in the rear or not, it keeps us all honest. :)

thank you tlcox!:rocker: It is much appreciated.

I don't have the link thing down yet but there is an article on abc15.com from 10/24 that states Austin Sigg is not on the Colorado Sex offender registry and that because he is a minor his previous record has been sealed.
Maybe someone can find and link.

Does that means he HAS a juvenile record? That's what I thought it implied. If so, there may be a lot more going on here than we will ever know. The churchgoing and cross wearing...did that happen at 15? Earlier? What else is there?

Maybe he's a monster the community could have benefited from knowing about a lonngggg time ago.

thank you tlcox!:rocker: It is much appreciated.

Ohhh....I just read this. And I didn't post a link. Grrr. Bad me.

Note to self: Don't rely on other WS'ers to post link because you always mess it up.

Sorry. I will try harder.

It is now in the Media no Discussion thread.

I don't have the link thing down yet but there is an article on abc15.com from 10/24 that states Austin Sigg is not on the Colorado Sex offender registry and that because he is a minor his previous record has been sealed.

Does that means he HAS a juvenile record? That's what I thought it implied. If so, there may be a lot more going on here than we will ever know. The churchgoing and cross wearing...did that happen at 15? Earlier? What else is there?

Maybe he's a monster the community could have benefited from knowing about a lonngggg time ago.
Do minors ever get placed on a sex offender list?
I never thought about this before. I do look on the sex offender site for offenders in my area, and I'm certain I have never seen a minor on there.

7NEWS sought out criminal defense attorney, Jay Tiftickjian for insight.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...cted-killer-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtIGM62D

"It’s a way for somebody else, other than a prosecutor, to make that determination if someone should be tried as an adult. [The] defense team has every right to bring this motion and a judge will have to review this to make sure that it is justified in staying in adult court,” said Tiftickjian.

Tiftickjian explained that the judge will consider the same factors that the Jefferson County district attorney did when Sigg was direct filed as an adult. Those factors include Sigg's age, the severity of what he's accused of, and what happened to the victims.

"All things considered, this is a case that's likely going to stay in the adult court," said Tiftickjian.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...cted-killer-of-jessica-ridgeway#ixzz2AtI1I4SK

Prosecutors decide what charges to file and in what venue. So basically its a motion asking the judge to review that decision made by prosecutors and make the final determination.

Got it. I don't see Sigg being tried as a minor. Not gonna happen. But his attorney would be remiss in not at least trying. I hope his lawyer launches a very vigorous defense. I wan't this guy's conviction to be solid and blameless. No retrials, no arguments later about inadequate counsel, none of it.

It is now in the Media no Discussion thread.

Go me! I successfully inserted my own link.

??? Media no Discussion thread? Off I go to there...

I can't possibly keep up with another thread.

Is it okay to put that link here?

Mod...please remove it and sorry if it's not.

Makes me wonder if his *advertiser censored* addiction treatment was court ordered.

If AS has a juvenile record and if it is related to sexual assault, the he more than likely was on LE radar.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member