CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to quote myself but I just realized I don't think the people on that show are actors. <shudder> I'll have to watch it again or see if I can find it online. The picture from the show gave me nearly the same exact chills down my spine as when I first saw ARS' pic. I'm not sleuthing minors (other than ARS), I promise, just looking up what was already aired on national TV. And it was creepy.

It doesn't sound like they're actors, but the boy's name isn't Austin, it's Jason. His expression in some of the pictures I've seen of him sure is similar to his though. He is 15 according to Wikipedia.

Jmo, I can't imagine living with a kid who said that to my face. I mean I know some people talk a tougher game than they could really ever put into action, but...:what:

To make sure I'm being clear, I don't think it was ARS or his family in the Doomsday Preppers show I saw, it was just eerie how much it echoed what I've thought/felt about this case.

Related to your post above: No doubt! I think the show helped me kind of understand where ARS' Mom might've been coming from. She was probably already wondering and barely hanging on and then bam, saw something in the news that made her know it was him. Can you imagine a kid you've raised their whole life just looking at you with a heartless stare and saying that? I've seen kids act all "gangsta" that would probably cry if you looked at them sideways, but to see this kid's aggressiveness, selfishness, and completely emotionless expression along the lines of "duh Mom of course I wouldn't let you come with me" just blew my mind.

It doesn't sound like they're actors, but the boy's name isn't Austin, it's Jason. His expression in some of the pictures I've seen of him sure is similar to his though. He is 15 according to Wikipedia.

Oh my gosh thank you for finding this! It's been driving me nuts looking for it. I swore they said Austin but obviously it was so much on my mind that my brain just went there. I guess the kid should probably be commended for his ambitiousness and possible foresight, I still having a hard time getting past the yikes <shudder> factor.

So ... still nothing? The corn fields are flattened, still nothing. They must be buried somewhere. There was something like a 5 hour head start ... 11 AM when they were last seen and 12 until about 4 when the bikes were located. It was the next morning before it was taken seriously and an intensive search began with 10 square miles, drained lake, culvert inspection, river search, traffic stops, road construction reviewed, maps checked, names compared ... still nothing?

This strikes me as a situation where the person that did this has done it before and will do it again. Then we think of Austin Sigg. The murder and dismembermient of Jessica Ridgeway suggested a sophisticated murderer that would do it again. He was 17 years old, sophisticated and would most likely do it again if he had the chance. I have to wonder if the reason that Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared is because of someone like this ... someone that didn't get caught as fast as Austin.

So ... still nothing? The corn fields are flattened, still nothing. They must be buried somewhere. There was something like a 5 hour head start ... 11 AM when they were last seen and 12 until about 4 when the bikes were located. It was the next morning before it was taken seriously and an intensive search began with 10 square miles, drained lake, culvert inspection, river search, traffic stops, road construction reviewed, maps checked, names compared ... still nothing?

This strikes me as a situation where the person that did this has done it before and will do it again. Then we think of Austin Sigg. The murder and dismembermient of Jessica Ridgeway suggested a sophisticated murderer that would do it again. He was 17 years old, sophisticated and would most likely do it again if he had the chance. I have to wonder if the reason that Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared is because of someone like this ... someone that didn't get caught as fast as Austin.

It makes me think that the kidnapper took the girls out of state within the first few hours. Otherwise I think we may have found them already. JMO

:rose: for Jessica.

I hope that those who love her can have comfort and peace during this holiday season!

Just in case someone's not following both cases, the first paragraph here is referring to Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook I believe. Otto please correct me if I'm wrong. I was afraid it might confuse someone who's here following only Jessica.

Related to the second paragraph, I know, that thought has crossed my mind as well. Scary.

"Sigg is due back in court the week after Thanksgiving, November 27th at 11 a.m."

http://k99.com/jessica-ridgeway-her-accused-slayer-will-be-charged-as-an-adult/

Thanks. I'd taken a break from WS because I really needed one after Sigg's arrest, but I realized he probably had an upcoming court date soon. I wanted to be prepared, mentally, for seeing his name in the paper again.

Things are returning to normal in the area. A lot more people are out. At least one of her missing posters is still up on a lamp post in the neighborhood just south of hers. Probably no one can bring themselves to take it down at this point. I certainly couldn't, though it takes me by surprise each time I see it. :cry: I saw a purple ribbon tied to a car today when I was out running.

I'm running a 5K in two weeks that runs through the neighborhood where her backpack was found (the 5K was obviously scheduled before all this happened). I'll be wearing a purple ribbon in her memory.

Thank you!!! I've read here for many years (usually the JBR case and the Michelle Young case) but just recently joined up!

I was right there with you on the M. Young case, Audrey -- both times :what: and from the very beginning. JY was pretty cunning & thorough, but just not quite enuff. Not a bad plan -- but our little Gracie (bless her sweet heart) helped bring him down in a big, big way. And to Jason: how much would one more portable gas can have cost? -- was it worth your freedom? -- Remember the 6 P's, Jason - Prior Planning Prevents Pizz Poor Performance. And Prison...
icon10.gif

Suspect in death of 10-year-old due in Colo. court

Updated 12:19 a.m., Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Excerpt: "Sigg's lawyers could have asked a judge to send the case to juvenile court after prosecutors charged him as an adult, but state judicial system spokesman Robert McCallum said the defense hadn't made that request as of Monday.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the defense could still seek to transfer the case to juvenile court. McCallum said he couldn't elaborate, and the defense and prosecuting attorneys said they couldn't comment. All cited a judge's gag order."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...d-due-in-Colo-court-4068710.php#ixzz2DPUX8BJU

I hope the judge decides to try him as an adult today!
My prayers to the ridgeway family to endure the pain of having to see his face.

wow... I cannot believe it is already November 27th! Thanks for the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro