CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Louisiana our RSO website has the vehicles that they own listed. I could not find this for Colorado.

Can someone help me find a website that has this for CO?

Vehicles were listed somewhere for CO sex offenders as one lives near my ex, so I made sure to give him and my son his info. Can't find which one right now though.

I think Sarah is just a simple, grief-stricken woman thrust into a horrifying situation, and trying to do the best she can. She probably feels guilty over what happened to Jessica, what mother wouldn't? Even though it isn't her fault that an abductor snatched Jessica, she probably blames herself for a million things she feels she should have done, but didn't. JMO.

I agree that she may have been under medication in order to be able to face the camera. JMO.

Ditto!

It's funny, everyone else is saying they believe the father is heartbroken but I see Sarah's heartbreak so clearly.

Maybe it's just because she resembles one of my relatives, both physically and in the way she talks (making mistakes with new words, etc). She seems to me to be a terror stricken mom who is dealing with her fear by resolutely clinging to every shred of hope and to the family she obviously loves.

When she was talking about how the backpack is a hopeful sign to her, I wanted to cry. She was trying so hard to make it mean that Jessica is still alive.

It's obvious to me that she's doing her best to hang tough for Jessica.

Brave lady.

In the picture of all the LEO's outside a building, the building does say Westminster, so it's definitely in CO. But the name on the building is Westminster Public S___. The last part is cut off. LE wouldn't be converging at the public school, would they? What is the building where they're converging! TIA!

just to keep it all in perspective (re: the maine tip)

Matt Flener ‏@mattflener
RT @9news: RT @abolton9news: @westminsterpd says it's received tips on #jessicaridgeway from Maryland, Maine,Nevada, Texas Wyoming #9news
Expand Reply Retweet Fav

Maryland too? Possible they drove across country, then cut north on 95 going up thru Maryland, NY, NE, and ending in Maine (or Canada)?

Wish we knew details of the Maryland siting.

Random thought: one of the things girls do when they want to look older and more sophisticated is take off their glasses.

If they ARE CO plates, hopefully they are running that vehicle--at least it's fairly out of circulation so there shouldn't be a huge amount of them.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't work for the PI anymore...I'd be sitting on my hands to not do a DMV search lol (I wasn't allowed to use the databases for personal research, you needed a legally permissible purpose). It wouldn't have been easy!

Thanks for clarifying.

Using google maps, I have viewed images of the location where the bag was found. What can be learned from those images?

(1) The back-pack was placed where it could be easily discovered.
(2) There are only two streets that allow access to the neighborhood in which the back-pack was discovered.
(3) The back-pack was placed at a point where the person who left it there would be least likely to be seen by a resident: no window looks out onto the sidewalk where the back-pack was found.

The person who left the back-pack did so more than 36-hours after the victim's disappearance (based upon published statements aboutwhen the man who found it believed itwas not there, c. 6:45pm Saturday, when he and his wife left their home). Assuming that this person or persons who committed this crime knew that they would be implicated if stopped by police and the back-pack was found in the person or person's possession, then the perpetrator(s) was/were taking significant risk to drive (assuming a car was used) to this location and leave the back-pack.

Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that the perpetrator(s) wanted to send a message to police, and that the message was so important to the perpetrator(s) that the risk of being caught with the back-pack was out-weighed by the desire to be certain that the police should find the back-pack?

(again, this is old, catch up)

Look at the aerial map. At the end of the culdesac there is a little greenbelt that opens to the street (McCaslin). I wondered if the backpack could have been thrown out the window of a car on McCaslin, and a dog/fox/coyote brought it in to the neighborhood? Didn't mom say they peeled oranges for snack that morning? So there may have been food in the pack...

In the picture of all the LEO's outside a building, the building does say Westminster, so it's definitely in CO. But the name on the building is Westminster Public S___. The last part is cut off. LE wouldn't be converging at the public school, would they? What is the building where they're converging! TIA!

Westminster Public Safety Center

Vigil planned in Independence for missing Colorado girl

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -
Local family members will join the prayers for a missing Colorado 10-year-old.

Jessica Ridgeway has family in Independence, and they will be gathering at 6 p.m. Wednesday at McCoy Park just off U.S. Highway 24 and Delaware Street.

The family says everyone is invited to gather in prayer for their girl.

Jessica went missing less than a week ago. Police in the Denver suburb of Westminister say they found the 10-year-old's backpack six miles from her home. Authorities have been scouring the area looking for her.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19783595/vigil-planned-in-independence-for-missing-colorado-girl

Maybe it's Westminster Public Services. Public Services is on a building next to our local Police department. I don't think it's a school. One tweet led me to believe it was headquarters to the PD.

I wonder what stuck out for her to remember this girl 2 days later?

The article says she didn't call in the tip until she saw the amber alert Tuesday morn on her computer.

Does anyone have a map of where her home is and where the backpack was found If not ill go searching thanks .

I agree. Glad people are looking and calling in tips though. You just never know.

If they're headed to Canada, hope all border patrols are on alert.

Some Canadian News media has been following her case. We need more coverage!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/jessica-ridgeway-missing-_n_1948879.html

Jessica is also on the Missing People of Canada FB Page posted on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada

Oh I am too! I'd rather they investigate a thousand false leads and take them all seriously.

I just so desperately want her to be found that I'm trying to set myself up to not be too disappointed if it's not her. It's like I don't want to jinx it or something lol.

If they ARE CO plates, hopefully they are running that vehicle--at least it's fairly out of circulation so there shouldn't be a huge amount of them.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't work for the PI anymore...I'd be sitting on my hands to not do a DMV search lol (I wasn't allowed to use the databases for personal research, you needed a legally permissible purpose). It wouldn't have been easy!

The tweet did say CO plates. What is out of circulation? the plates? or the car type?

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
.@WestminsterPD will brief media about today's efforts, school lockout, and out of state tips at 11:30 outside WPD. #jessicaridgeway
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

this is in 20 min or so

Eileen, there is a case map in post one of the thread... please note I have to update her house address... that one is just general location but the rest of it is up to date

The article says she didn't call in the tip until she saw the amber alert Tuesday morn on her computer.

Dang! This is why I wish the alerts were spread further than the town of the abduction Immediately!

I'm thinking it was probably the Colorado plate. I tend to notice different out-of-state plates when I drive as they are not very common in our small town.

Me too Surfie..I also tend to write down license plates of anything suspictious. There are so many numbers in my car from plates that someone outside my family would think I was a total weirdo. I take my daughter to work very early in the morning because she opens the store, I always wait until she locks the door from the inside and I also write down the plates of any and all of the cars that are in the parking lot! I know its not the "norm" but after the Molly Bish case...you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx