CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping to catch the presser with family, anyone have a link to a live stream ?

from what I understand it is going to be taped and will be pooled to other media sources as a video.

The LEO said late afternoon timeframe.

Someone mentioned a man with a white goatee either on either this thread or the girl who was abducted in WY thread. I found a man matching this description who has ties to Colorado and WY, who now supposedly lives in Washington State. Can someone tell me where the description came from?
TIA

:what: Washington State! First thought...Lindsey Baum...and I was thinking about her earlier and even checked the map for distance from McCleary to Colorado to Wyoming. What are the chances?

Just curious as to why you think that they would wait so long to go into the house though? she went missing friday and its now 4 days later.. just asking

Thanks for your post jessieann. In reply to your question, I have no specific opinion on the "why" on FBI's timing. My guess is that this may not be the first time that FBI (or certainly LE) went into the home. FBI would be able to pick up on evidence it any is there at this point. They also may have some things they are focusing on or doing computer forensics. Guess the answer to question on why for FBI timing.... will have to come from FBI.

I wouldn't think so? They reported yesterday that the crime lab was closed on Monday for the holiday.

At the presser they said they came in, even though it was a holidaY.

At a lunch time briefing, Materasso said that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is processing the backpack Monday, even though Columbus Day is a holiday.

Read more: Search continues for missing Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21724656#ixzz28peB66Sj
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

:what: Washington State! First thought...Lindsey Baum...and I was thinking about her earlier and even checked the map for distance from McCleary to Colorado to Wyoming. What are the chances?

I know there's a sex difference, but Jessica also looks a lot like Kyron Horman, especially with her glasses on.

And there was a similar issue with Kyron's glasses and whether or not he has them.

At a lunch time briefing, Materasso said that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is processing the backpack Monday, even though Columbus Day is a holiday.

Read more: Search continues for missing Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21724656#ixzz28peB66Sj
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
this is good news!

That being said, I have not heard that any dna is back.:waitasec:

Thanks for your post jessieann. In reply to your question, I have no specific opinion on the "why" on FBI's timing. My guess is that this may not be the first time that FBI (or certainly LE) went into the home. FBI would be able to pick up on evidence it any is there at this point. They also may have some things they are focusing on or doing computer forensics. Guess the answer to question on why for FBI timing.... will have to come from FBI.

Just a thought -- maybe they're looking for something to match something that was in the backpack.

Or maybe they got fingerprints off the backpack and are looking to see if they belong to someone who had been in the house before. If they're dusting all the surfaces of the home, they wouldn't want anybody else around.

Sitting here making ribbons for the vigil tonight in Superior.

re: backpack....my feeling is that it was dumped on McCaslin and a kid drug it into the neighborhood. We have kid stuff all over the streets here (1 mile away). I don't think i would think twice about it until i went looking for a name.

re:home values. Andrews way is the only other street we could have afforded in the town. If the perp wanted to say something about the rich he would have only had to go about a half block in either direction to hit a fancier street. Andrews were built in late 90s and arent super nice. ~300k when we were looking. Where as surrounding parts of Rock Creek are over 400+ and nicer. www.cohomefinder.com

Just a thought -- maybe they're looking for something to match something that was in the backpack.

Or maybe they got fingerprints off the backpack and are looking to see if they belong to someone who had been in the house before. If they're dusting all the surfaces of the home, they wouldn't want anybody else around.

Good guess. IMO, there is more than just fingerprints though.

This is what I was wondering if on certain circumstances and as urgent this is if someone came in yesterday to do the DNA on the book bag.

this is good news!

That being said, I have not heard that any dna is back.:waitasec:

I was going to have to throw a little hissy fit if no one freaked out at the fact that the lab was "closed for the holiday". If it were my child I would pray to God that people would move heaven and earth to get people in there to process whatever type of evidence they may have.

There isn't a business on earth that should remain closed for a holiday when you have something this urgent that would depend on that business being open and running.

FYI...I'm not talking every day DNA type stuff here...if there is a child missing and the evidence needs processed I would be on my knees praying to God someone would make some calls and get people in there.

Sitting here making ribbons for the vigil tonight in Superior.

I'll be thinking of everyone. I I would like to go to the one in Westminster, but by the time I get back from campus it will be too late.

That's what I was thinking...if the FBI wanted in, I'm thinking the family would have been welcome to leave at any point. I doubt they would have waited for a "convenient" time for the family??

:twocents:

I hate to even type it, but maybe they think it is time to get DNA from her toothbrush and hairbrush just in case they need it for identification. :notgood:

My daughter went home sick from work yesterday and said she saw people still looking in culverts etc. Later on during the day when she crawled out of bed to take her dog out for a walk the open space/trails where she walks which passes a school were deserted except for a few adults like her walking their dogs or jogging/biking.
She said Mom I don't see any kids which is so weird. My answer was ARE YOU KIDDING, I WOULD HAVE THEM TIED TO MY WAIST!!
Even though she is a young adult I said please just go home and lock the door.This is all just my biggest nightmare.I keep on checking to see if anything has come up. This is another sad one.

Report by 9news.com .... good summary of case and up date.

"We don't want to miss anything," Matarasso said. "We're going to go back several times; we've going to cover our tracks. We're going to look in the same area that we've already looked. You're going to see a lot of activity ... in and around her home, and that's going to continue today. There's nothing specific that's keeping us in that area other than we want to make sure there's no stone unturned, and we're focusing because, again, that is where Jessica disappeared from."

also "Authorities are monitoring social-media sites and following up on more than 300 tips."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293609/339/Search-stretches-into-5th-day-for-missing-girl

"In a later press conference, Matarasso said 400 homes will be searched in Jessica's neighborhood. He says authorities are halfway done with their search of the homes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18