CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter went home sick from work yesterday and said she saw people still looking in culverts etc. Later on during the day when she crawled out of bed to take her dog out for a walk the open space/trails where she walks which passes a school were deserted except for a few adults like her walking their dogs or jogging/biking.
She said Mom I don't see any kids which is so weird. My answer was ARE YOU KIDDING, I WOULD HAVE THEM TIED TO MY WAIST!!
Even though she is a young adult I said please just go home and lock the door.This is all just my biggest nightmare.I keep on checking to see if anything has come up. This is another sad one.

I feel the same. I have always been overprotective of my kids, because I don't ever want to be in this poor mother's shoes. I know I can't protect them always because they are going to grow up and move out on me one day, but as long as I can, I will try to always be watching.

I hate to even type it, but maybe they think it is time to get DNA from her toothbrush and hairbrush just in case they need it for identification. :notgood:

Or possibly there are unknown prints that don't match up to Jessica or anyone in the family and they want to see of that person has ever been in the family home? Or maybe they need More of Jessicas actual prints from her bedroom? Not sure.

I hate to even type it, but maybe they think it is time to get DNA from her toothbrush and hairbrush just in case they need it for identification. :notgood:

They don't need FBI to enter the home for that. Parents usually give it to LE.
I'm pretty sure they already have Jessica's DNA.

IMO

1m 9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS
The family of Jessica Ridgeway asked to speak to 9NEWS' Dave Delozier today. The interview is just starting.... http://fb.me/2tQu06mUC
View photo Reply Retweet

I was going to have to throw a little hissy fit if no one freaked out at the fact that the lab was "closed for the holiday". If it were my child I would pray to God that people would move heaven and earth to get people in there to process whatever type of evidence they may have.

There isn't a business on earth that should remain closed for a holiday when you have something this urgent that would depend on that business being open and running.

FYI...I'm not talking every day DNA type stuff here...if there is a child missing and the evidence needs processed I would be on my knees praying to God someone would make some calls and get people in there.

threecrazykids, this is one of my pet peeves.. Public Safety for our families is a 24/7 -365 day occupation, as it should be... Predators are continuously lurking, and time is of the essence when there is a missing child..

:what: Washington State! First thought...Lindsey Baum...and I was thinking about her earlier and even checked the map for distance from McCleary to Colorado to Wyoming. What are the chances?

I thought of her to.

:please: :please: :please:

I was just thinking, back when I did PI work, the main PI that I worked for had some sort of electronic device that could detect the presence of surveillance cameras. We utilized it for things like commercial burglaries to see if surrounding businesses may have unknowingly caught something on their footage. I would imagine the police do this as well?

Thanks!

composite_abduction_11_11-200x260.jpg

Or possibly there are unknown prints that don't match up to Jessica or anyone in the family and they want to see of that person has ever been in the family home? Or maybe they need More of Jessicas actual prints from her bedroom? Not sure.

That is what i'm thinking to. Maybe the DNA came back off of her backpack that is does not match with her family. Maybe they had a worker inside their home or a neighbor etc. Maybe her Aunt or Gma had recent guests inside the home. And now the FBI is there.

:please: :please: :please:

I was going to have to throw a little hissy fit if no one freaked out at the fact that the lab was "closed for the holiday". If it were my child I would pray to God that people would move heaven and earth to get people in there to process whatever type of evidence they may have.

There isn't a business on earth that should remain closed for a holiday when you have something this urgent that would depend on that business being open and running.

FYI...I'm not talking every day DNA type stuff here...if there is a child missing and the evidence needs processed I would be on my knees praying to God someone would make some calls and get people in there.

Besides lol, lab I'm in wasn't closed for the holiday, and as much as I believe in my research I think it's a little less time-sensitive than whatever a crime lab would be doing.

I grew up in a small town near Petaluma. I was a freshman in high school when Polly was taken, and we drove by the spot where she was left frequently. I remember my Dad helping place flyers- he was very distraught, and it was the only time I can ever recall him being active in a search like that. When she was found, we were all stunned- because the location was basically hidden in plain sight- IIRC. I am sick- just sick- about Jessica- we bought our first home in Westminster and it is a good family community. There are so many places she could be, and I am finding it really, really difficult to stay positive today.
OT: I want to thank WS- I feel somehow more informed and in touch with the community I care about so much because of this site. I'm not a board poster or even a big fan of most boards- but with the kids at school, I'm finding it eases my anxiety, if that makes any sense.

:-( No news? I've been so busy with work/home life and haven't caught up properly with this case in between trying to get to grips with other similar cases - such a sad state of affairs that there's even 1 case of a missing child. Feel like I can't keep up, more and more keep coming...just makes me so sad...God bless all of you who care so much.x

Ok. I am confused. There was attempted child abductions in Arvada in 2011 and then this year by another man?

FYI-

http://yellodyno.com/Statistics/statistics_child_molester.html

STATISTICS
Child Molesters
"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"
-Dr. Mace Knapp, Nevada State Prison Psychologist
Child Molester Statistics from Child Protections LifeTips. Taken from the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Female Sex Offenders - Texas Department of Health Services

Juvenile Sex Offenders - various sources

• Many child molesters know their victims. Some stalk their victims, observing their habits as they walk to and from school. They often try to buy houses near schools or parks.

• Pedophiles have a strong, almost irresistible, desire to have sex with children. The average pedophile molests 260 victims during their lifetime. Over 90% of convicted pedophiles are arrested again for the same offense after their release from prison.

• The best protection is to help your children learn to resist unwanted advances and to learn about threats in your neighborhood.

Read More-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member